Pattaya a world class resort? There should be lifeguards say Thais as Russian man drowns

snoop1130

Pattaya a world class resort? There should be lifeguards say Thais as Russian man drowns

27973403_2052435101694617_4573569985279441312_n.jpg

Thais have called for lifeguards to be posted on Pattaya beach after a Russian man drowned there on Tuesday morning.

A member of the public was able to bring the man,aged about 50, to the shore but despite the efforts of the authorities he could not be revived.

He had been missing for about 15 minutes, reported We Love Pattaya on Facebook.

A western woman at the scene was seen grief stricken as the victim was covered up.

Many Thai posters expressed their condolences but some suggested that a resort of Pattaya's standing should have lifeguards in place for tourists.

Bank Aunvong said: "This supposed world class resort has no budget for a life guard to look after tourists? Wait until they all leave before doing something about it".

While Pisat Lanla said: "There should be someone sitting high up observing the sea like they have in foreign countries". 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/welovepattaya58/posts/2052435268361267

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-2-20

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tropo said:

Pattaya Beach has designated swimming areas, so someone to patrol the area to keep swimmers out of boating areas and some towers in the swimming areas wouldn't be difficult at all. In their spare time when no one is swimming they could write up fines for smoking.

But they would be writing so many fines that the commission and or quota would be so high they would never look up and pay attention to the sea.

• Haha 2

Pattaya is as many places in Thailand just a dump hole and authoroties not care about anything then filling up their pocklets as much as they can.

Some drown tourists...who cares.TAT is having  soon a new marketing slogan the trashed beaches!

I wonder somebody still put his feet in that dirty water!

• Like 2

They have well trained lifeguards at Patong but bloody dumb tourists take no notice of them or the beach signs!

Not going to work in Pattaya or elsewhere either, unless the only tourists are from western world countries that have such a system in place where it is understood. Maybe good window dressing/face saving but that is about all. :thumbsup:

Don't know anything about the Jomtien ones but it sure sounds/reads unworkable there.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

1 hour ago, manhood said:

Pattaya is as many places in Thailand just a dump hole and authoroties not care about anything then filling up their pocklets as much as they can.

Some drown tourists...who cares.TAT is having  soon a new marketing slogan the trashed beaches!

I wonder somebody still put his feet in that dirty water!

You're so right manhood.

World class resort?Do me a favour.Glad I made the move up to Phitsanulok 15 years ago.Pattaya was bad enough then,hence the move North,and a move I've never regretted.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Has to be more to this story. I'm 54 and a fairly good swimmer and the sea here in Pattaya is not exactly a rip tide. Probably come back full of Vodka.

couldn't swim to save himself 

He looks.like a beached whale 

17 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Pattaya is not a world class resort 

And few years ago they put lifeguard tower up but never use it 

To mush corruption in City Hall 

LOL. They can't use those lifeguard towers as they are made of metal and would be too hot to sit on. No doubt a nice earner for someone though.

The only thing they need to do is put up signs in several languages warning that swimming there is a hazard to life and health. Swimming in sewage is never a good idea.

If someone still wants to do so it's on their own head.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Has to be more to this story. I'm 54 and a fairly good swimmer and the sea here in Pattaya is not exactly a rip tide. Probably come back full of Vodka.

He may also have suffered a heart attack. It's the number one cause of death in the world (eg. in the US 1 in 4 deaths), so once in a while, it could happen while people are out swimming. I doubt they will report on the results of the autopsy, so we'll never know. The media just wants to have us all jump to conclusions to suit their story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

No lifeguards; no police force; no road safety; no hope.

You're hardly scraping the surface, man. Go big or go home. Here's the cheese:

In the future, just give that link.

Edited by JSixpack