Digital post service to be trialled in Thailand

webfact

Digital post service to be trialled in Thailand

By The Nation

64e7b054b4e00c800d686641ac152605.jpeg

Hitachi has signed a memorandum of understanding with Thailand Post, the Thai government-owned state enterprise under the supervision of the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, to provide new postal services.

Hitachi and Hitachi Asia (Thailand) will work with Thailand Post to start proof of concept regarding an experimental digital post service that will enable receivers to receive notifications from state agencies through their computers and smartphones.

The agreement will also accommodate the outsourcing of a mail-printing service.

Hitachi said: “Studies will also be conducted on the needs associated with other public administrative information and various types of notifications from private companies, such as direct mail and invoices, to determine the feasibility of specific Thailand Post services specifically for such notifications.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339374

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-21

15 minutes ago, JAG said:

They might as well try digital. The analogue system isn't exactly a storming success....

That largely depends on where you live in Thailand there been many topics and many of us have no problems with the normal mail while others have huge problems. 

I just give the postman a bottle of JW black once a year for his great service. I almost never lose any post. Last time I lost 2 parcels i should have gotten from the UK. I think they were nicked there not here. Was not much of a loss just some fishing gear.

Just now, mikebell said:

I know, let's call it email!

We got something similar in Holland the goverment just sends its mail to a client portal that every citizen can access (mainly for taxes). Its not email its just a digital postoffice from the goverment. The problem with email is that you can't check if email adresses are correct and need updating. A system where you have one digital page for goverment post is different as its always sure to get there. 

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

We got something similar in Holland the goverment just sends its mail to a client portal that every citizen can access (mainly for taxes). Its not email its just a digital postoffice from the goverment. The problem with email is that you can't check if email adresses are correct and need updating. A system where you have one digital page for goverment post is different as its always sure to get there. 

Do you mean DigiD* ? (or "Mijn Overheid")

It's for messages from many authorities, not just taxes; for yearly car checks for instance but also messages from your health insurance, your house registration messages etc.

It's very handy since one forgets about all the things in life.

You can also access DigiD from abroad (Thailand** for instance)

https://www.digid.nl/en/

** https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/wonen-werken/digid-aanvragen-in-het-buitenland/thailand

3 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Do you mean DigiD* ? (or "Mijn Overheid")

It's for messages from many authorities, not just taxes; for yearly car checks for instance but also messages from your health insurance, your house registration messages etc.

It's very handy since one forgets about all the things in life.

You can also access DigiD from abroad (Thailand** for instance)

https://www.digid.nl/en/

** https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/wonen-werken/digid-aanvragen-in-het-buitenland/thailand

Yes, that is what i mean, as an accountant i am mainly involved with the tax part of it. As I havent owned a house or had much to do with health insurance (got my own here) I only knew from my business dealings it was about taxes. But that is exactly what I was thinking about. Its a good system and should not be ridiculed if Thailand goes for a similar system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Yes, that is what i mean, as an accountant i am mainly involved with the tax part of it. As I havent owned a house or had much to do with health insurance (got my own here) I only knew from my business dealings it was about taxes. But that is exactly what I was thinking about. Its a good system and should not be ridiculed if Thailand goes for a similar system.

Indeed.

But many citizens in Holland still do not use or even know about the DigiD system.

It will take many more years before everybody uses it and that will be the same in other countries like Thailand.

That's a pity really since this system really can help people (not to forget about taxes and other important stuff)

1 minute ago, LaoPo said:

Indeed.

But many citizens in Holland still do not use or even know about the DigiD system.

It will take many more years before everybody uses it and that will be the same in other countries like Thailand.

That's a pity really since this system really can help people (not to forget about taxes and other important stuff)

Yes its actually a really good system and yes many people won't be able to work with it mainly older people (because its digital). Though I know of quite a few younger clients that also did not know about it. 

But my point is that its a good system and if Thailand can develop something like that its a huge step forward. In time many people will be able to work with it.

Problem is always how is it implemented and how safe is it. But we should not stop progress that easy and let them work on it.

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes, it must be something like that – we also have it in Denmark, and it works very well, especially for Danes living abroad, and now not being dependent on snail-mail – it's mandatory for all Danes to have a digital mailbox, but elder and handicapped can apply for receiving paper-letters instead...:smile: