Boom time coming to Chonburi and Pattaya - but who knows what EEC actually means?

webfact

46 minutes ago, Jonah777 said:

FIX THE EXISTING FIRST PEOPLE BEFORE EXPANSION:

Pattaya (WORLD CLASS RESORT as Thai officials call it) and surrounding areas have little to "NO" adequate infrastructure, any heavy rains and the streets are flooded, not adequate electric, terrible if any city planning, beaches which I wouldn't aloud a black lab to swim in let alone my children, city and various services can't meet demands now, crime & corruption on a level which exceeds New York, London and Bangkok combined, traffic messes everywhere one turns,  NO restrictions for zoning   ..thus the entire city is chaos on steroids  ....any talk of "Expansion" without fixing the existing issues shall make is "WORLD CLASS RESORT" unfit for any visitors or resident.

Here ya go man:

• Haha 1

"The Chonburi governor has said that the people need to understand what the Eastern Economic Corridor actually means....."

I though there was only 1 EEC - European Economic Community.

But, as we're quite a few miles from Europe, in this case, I presume that "Corridor" must be the money trail between the perps and the other, more lucrative end.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

NO idea what EEC is, but it will probably result in more effluent flowing into he sea and strewn rubbish.

Sir...Sir... I got it...really I know what it is ..European Economic Community. Seriously, I wonder if some farmers thought it had something to do with that EEC, Ha!

Boom time for the 'happy few' i am afraid.

Many people have gotten their land taken rather cheap because of the new high way and now it all starts again with the EGAT wanting to plant transmission lines through residential areas because Utapao and such need their electric juice.

4 hours ago, lanista said:

When Burma finally opens its doors and introduces the world to hundreds of pristine islands i think thats it for Pattaya. But will they allow sex tourism?  Laos wont, and its tourism industry has already stalled.

Pattaya has always relied on the status quo holding  it together.

So.. a potential boom boom business expansion for sex tourism on the nearby Thai island of Phuket, might be in the offerings.... as a side trip to southern Burmese island holidays

sweet

2 hours ago, Jonah777 said:

FIX THE EXISTING FIRST PEOPLE BEFORE EXPANSION:

Pattaya (WORLD CLASS RESORT as Thai officials call it) and surrounding areas have little to "NO" adequate infrastructure, any heavy rains and the streets are flooded, not adequate electric, terrible if any city planning, beaches which I wouldn't aloud a black lab to swim in let alone my children, city and various services can't meet demands now, crime & corruption on a level which exceeds New York, London and Bangkok combined, traffic messes everywhere one turns,  NO restrictions for zoning   ..thus the entire city is chaos on steroids  ....any talk of "Expansion" without fixing the existing issues shall make is "WORLD CLASS RESORT" unfit for any visitors or resident.

Nah Man .. Pattaya ain't without it problems sure but it's not without it's allure either .. The number of visitors that come here says that .. The place has an edge to it a dirty grimy one sometimes but an edge nonetheless .. And for all its faults I'll wager there are tourist authorities of other nations who look at the number of visitors here with a degree of envy thinking " how the f*** do they attract that many people " .. And Patt' will go on maybe with increasing numbers of alternative visitors to those who have previously made it their own but it will continue .. 

Its all well and good to develop an area as an economic center for Industry and Commerce.

But this being Thailand, there will have been little or no consideration given to the Environmental impact on the area, or any infrastructure  projects undertaken to cope with the anticipated amount of waste product, not just from the Industrial Complex,s, but also from the amount of additional Labour influx into the area.

For sure, the amount of Industrial hazmat and hazchem will increase to pollute the Eastern Seaboard even more than it is polluted now, and only yesterday, the Powers that be were bitching on about pollution keeping tourists away from Rayong.

Tourism + Industry = an bad mixture, and the Industry will always win out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

More boom coming to the city of boom boom then .. " But who knows what the EEC actually means " .. Indeed who does .? None of our lot appear to have a handle on it .. 

Last year I had the opportunity to work on a whole bunch of communication concepts & assets for the EEC project. Please find below a very brief summary based on my understanding of the visions and plans for all the mega projects at hand.

THE EEC - GATEWAY TO ASIA & STRATEGIC LOGISTIC HUB FOR ASEAN

The EEC is actually part of the “Thailand 4.0” agenda and an important pillar of the long-term national strategy.
An economic model based on creativity, innovation, new technology and high-quality services.

Thailand’s policymakers are determined in their commitment to transform the country’s economic model. One of the key Special Economic Zones the Eastern Economic Corridor EEC is crucial in transitioning from the current economic model to Thailand 4 0.

This industrial policy is intended to complement the wider 12th National Economic and Social Development Plan, for 2017–21, and fit more broadly within the junta's new 20-year National Strategy, which was originally proposed in 2015. The junta has set out three aims for the 4.0 strategy: to elevate Thailand to the status of a high-income nation; to reduce inequality; and to promote environmentally sustainable growth and development.

The 4.0 strategy will focus on ten strategic industries. This will include those currently found in Thailand and value can be added via new technologies, encompassing smart electronics, high-income and medical tourism, agriculture and biotechnology, food and beverages, and automotive industries. It will also extend to developing industries that are new to the country, namely robotics, aerospace, digital services, bio-energy and bio-chemicals, and healthcare.

The EEC development will cover Chon Buri, Rayong and Chachoengsao provinces.

In its first year, the EEC program is expected to draw foreign direct investment amounting to Bt300 billion, with the sector targets being new high-growth industries such as next-generation automobiles, smart electronics, medical and wellness tourism, robotics, aviation and logistics.

The three eastern provinces will also be closely linked with Bangkok via new infrastructure schemes such as high-speed trains between Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang and U-Tapao airports.

BOI Video “Think Asia, Invest Thailand”
https://youtu.be/QlEHdC4WWVU

EEC pack for BOI fair_Rev4 3 1.pdf

I guess Pattaya will try and milk the EEC development for all they can, but the truth is it will bypass Pattaya, quite literally, the 7 extension terminates at Ban Chang with only a spur off to Sukhumvit at Ban Amphur.

Ban Chang has some massive plans, and with the local Navy involvement it is gathering pace. 

Many Chinese, Japanese and Korean investors are also heavily involved.

On 2/22/2018 at 9:02 AM, geisha said:

Before developing the EEC, it had better develop its infrastructure or the whole area is going to sink into filth and s..t.

Cannot believe the tone on this thread. Anyone who has not seen the improvements to the roads around Laem Chabang ought to see an optician. Remember what it was like before the flyover.

Now that the Chonburi is complete and the tolls are in operation, although it is free if you join south of Phanat Nikhom, I can get from Chonburi to Pattaya in half the time of a few years back. But people would make out that nothing is changing for the better.

Fairly obvious members are only interested in their own infrastructure.

• Like 1