UK ideas on post-Brexit ties are "pure illusion", EU's Tusk says

rooster59

4 hours ago, mfd101 said:

A nightmare world, I think - one where everything that can go wrong is going wrong, because of the democratic vote of the British people.

Suck it up, Fellas. Adults accept the consequences of their own decisions ...

It is a pity they didn't listen to the more sensible "children". The younger voters would have insisted on remain. But then, they are far less racist. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, robertson468 said:

Didn't realise that you ha carried out a poll of the UK Electorate?       Well done, can you publish the full results please...........or are you just guessing and talking nonesense?

It's irrelevant - as 'the polls' got it very wrong prior to the referendum....

2 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

It is a pity they didn't listen to the more sensible "children". The younger voters would have insisted on remain. But then, they are far less racist. 

Yes, but they didn't vote, or not enough of them. Hope they've learned their lesson!

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

W-h-a-t, your not implying corruption in the good old UK?   You might want to press charges with the UK Police as I am sure you have lots of evidence of wrong doing with the polls!

5 minutes ago, the guest said:

It's quite clear the UK couldn't negotiate itself out of a paper bag!

Because they don't want to leave.....

The vast majority of uk politicians support remain, but are somewhat concerned about how their constituents (in leave areas) will react at the next general election if they actively support the remain cause.

• Like 2

They were talking to the wrong people. Many older people voted for the 1st time. The biggest block of voters in the US is called The Monster Vote, and they abstain because they feel left behind. In the UK some turned out to vote

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Just now, Mosha said:

They were talking to the wrong people. Many older people voted for the 1st time. The biggest block of voters in the US is called The Monster Vote, and they abstain because they feel left behind. In the UK some turned out to vote

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

So was it the 'old people' vote or the 'left behind' vote that resulted in the brexit referendum result?

Personally, I think it was the latter.  Those that had found themselves 'priced' out of jobs/living in areas full of immigrants etc. etc.

• Like 1

The Ekins and Simpson pieces above bear careful reading by all the tired & emotional people on all sides.

Their substance is that the referendum outcome (Brexit) is a done deal which cannot be changed either by the British parliament or by a second referendum. All that either of those theoretical possibilities could do would be to reject the detail of the negotiated Brexit outcomes, which would result in Britain's exit without a deal. Naked into the world tumbled the newborn child ...

Edited by mfd101

3 hours ago, Mosha said:

Wait while the recipient states discover the donating states aren't prepared to divvy up more to cover the 10 Bn Euro that the UK provided, at least 10% if the EU budget.

You mean the 0.1% to 0.2% increase of GDP, which has been widely mentioned? 

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not entirely true as I abstained from voting as I wasn't sure which was the worst option - the UK govt. or the EU..... :sad:

O.k so if there was another referendum tomorrow,which way would you now vote?

Edited by nontabury

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Everyone has a right to give an opinion.  Brexit effects all of us in the western world.

Well according to you remoaners, it will be the British who will suffer 555.

And therefore it should be us who discuss the events leading up to our exiting this so called a union.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gamini said:

You brexit people are always harping on about the majority supporting it. But you never seem to accept the fact that only 17 million people voted for Brexit it out of an electorate of 46 million. you also don't seem to accept the fact that those who didn't vote, having seen the mess that the UK is in now would probably have voted against it. It would appear to me that supporters of brexit are a very scared of another referendum which will probably be totally in favour of remaining.

I accept the numbers but not the probability - you are wrong anyway.

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

Well according to you remoaners, it will be the British who will suffer 555.

And therefore it should be us who discuss the events leading up to our exiting this so called a union.

When you burn a bridge to an isolated island, it's quite obvious that the people who live on that island suffer the most.

Burning the bridge also affects to the people on the mainland, as their links to the people on the island becomes weaker, but naturally it does not affect them as much as the island folks. 

The EU  are making a Mockery of the UK, Coming up with every conceivable idiotic attempt to make it Harder for

them to Leave. The Latest to stop Brits Driving in Europe , How Childish Can this be.

The Sooner they are OUT of the EU  the Better. AND I Bet after they are Many MORE  Will Follow.

The Days of the EU are Numbered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1