Caught with cannabis in the islands

2 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Exactly....The kid in my story didn't get his passport back until after he was deported....i.e., not before he was physically on the plane.

Yes, in most deportation instances, they usually do not get their passport back until the plane lands at the destination, immigration would give the passport to the flight crew / Captain.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattd said:

Yes, in most deportation instances, they usually do not get their passport back until the plane lands at the destination, immigration would give the passport to the flight crew / Captain.

That is exactly what happened and he was even handcuffed whilst being driven to the plane by the police/immigration.

Still looking on the bright side he didn't have to queue up with the rest of the "Suckers" at Security and Boarding and got personal transportation from the terminal and they even "assisted" him all the way to the top of the steps of the plane.....I didn't ask if he offered them a tip! :giggle:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

on a different note, feel free to ignore most of my comments yesterday i was pretty damn wasted but am certainly suffering for it now

Don't drink and type? Get well soon...........

Edited by jenny2017
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hobz said:

Yes he probably was. And yes, obviously this tourist would not stay here this long, which is my whole point, he would not get his bail money back. He would get out on bail and leave the country,,, the case would then be dropped and the bail money would be held by the state.

Obviously.  That's called doing a runner and anyone doing that deserves to lose their money.

8 hours ago, Mario666 said:

The court case will be on Koh Samui.

If they have already taken finger prints and if the military are involved it is too late to pay the bribe.....Were the military involved????

The kid that I was dealing was arrested on Koh Tao by the cops, but the army were also there at the checkpoint.

Anyway they kept his passport and he had to report back to the cop shop on Koh Tao every two weeks while he was waiting for a court date.

He didn't have to stay on Koh Tao between cop shop visits and so I advised him to come and stay on Samui and keep his head down.

He had to wait 6 weeks to go to court, but was able to go to immigration and explain the situation so they would not do him for overstay.....after the hearing he was arrested immediately outside the courthouse and taken to Bhoput police cells in Chaweng where he had to wait in custody until the following Tuesday to be taken by prison van to IDC in BKK to await extradition.......this is routine. They only take them on Tuesdays.

The British Embassy were worse than <deleted> useless and the British Consul on Koh Samui (who is a personal friend of mine) wouldn't go near it as he knows that Koh Tao is run by "Mafia" and because of their reputation he was too scared.

Do not hire a lawyer as many of them are in cahoots with the cops so it will be a waste of time and money and they won't do anything anyway.

At court he was fined THB 60,000....He had already paid the cops on Koh Tao 60,000 which he never got back.

At Koh Tao police station they also tried the interpreter trick on him who wanted a fee of 25K, but it turns out she is on their payroll. Luckily he couldn't and so didn't pay.

The kid I knew spent 2 days in IDC then was deported to UK.

My guess is that the OP's son will get the same treatment so as it seems it may be too late to pay the cops off he will just have to sit it out.

The amount of the fine at Samui court will depend on how much cannabis he had on him.

If OP or anyone else wants to contact me personally re this feel free.

This only happened at the back end of last year and I am speaking from personal experience.

Good luck to you MUM!

60000 fine for what ?!

Never heard about such a high fine that no normal Thai would be able to pay. And fines are based on Thai earnings, not foreigners...

Just now, JHolmesJr said:

i bet its been covered but the kid who got banged up was probably dobbed in by the pusher who sold him the weed.

That's the way it is....Not just Koh Tao.... but most places in LOS........Bent as F....Rhymes with duck....

Who will know the score unless when they are constantly smashed on alcohol or drugs!????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mario666 said:

The court case will be on Koh Samui.

If they have already taken finger prints and if the military are involved it is too late to pay the bribe.....Were the military involved????

The kid that I was dealing was arrested on Koh Tao by the cops, but the army were also there at the checkpoint.

Anyway they kept his passport and he had to report back to the cop shop on Koh Tao every two weeks while he was waiting for a court date.

He didn't have to stay on Koh Tao between cop shop visits and so I advised him to come and stay on Samui and keep his head down.

He had to wait 6 weeks to go to court, but was able to go to immigration and explain the situation so they would not do him for overstay.....after the hearing he was arrested immediately outside the courthouse and taken to Bhoput police cells in Chaweng where he had to wait in custody until the following Tuesday to be taken by prison van to IDC in BKK to await extradition.......this is routine. They only take them on Tuesdays.

The British Embassy were worse than <deleted> useless and the British Consul on Koh Samui (who is a personal friend of mine) wouldn't go near it as he knows that Koh Tao is run by "Mafia" and because of their reputation he was too scared.

Do not hire a lawyer as many of them are in cahoots with the cops so it will be a waste of time and money and they won't do anything anyway.

At court he was fined THB 60,000....He had already paid the cops on Koh Tao 60,000 which he never got back.

At Koh Tao police station they also tried the interpreter trick on him who wanted a fee of 25K, but it turns out she is on their payroll. Luckily he couldn't and so didn't pay.

The kid I knew spent 2 days in IDC then was deported to UK.

My guess is that the OP's son will get the same treatment so as it seems it may be too late to pay the cops off he will just have to sit it out.

The amount of the fine at Samui court will depend on how much cannabis he had on him.

If OP or anyone else wants to contact me personally re this feel free.

This only happened at the back end of last year and I am speaking from personal experience.

Good luck to you MUM!

You are talking about this case:

Can you tell us how many kilos of weed he had to be fined 60000 thb ?

You wrote:

He said it was a very small amount of weed (bought in Thailand) about enough for a couple of spliffs. Obviously he is not looking for sympathy as it is a deep hole he has dug for himself.

It seems so impossible to pay such fine for small quantity.

Edited by gamesgplayemail
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

60000 fine for what ?!

Never heard about such a high fine that no normal Thai would be able to pay. And fines are based on Thai earnings, not foreigners...

I am sorry to correct you...That is what he was fined....If you are doubting my integrity please PM me and we can discuss.

How long have you lived in LOS....In my experience they will take as much as they think they can get.

Are you familiar with "Double Pricing" Mr Games Player????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

I am sorry to correct you...That is what he was fined....If you are doubting my integrity please PM me and we can discuss.

How long have you lived in LOS....In my experience they will take as much as they think they can get.

For few joints ?1 60000 thb at the court ? This is more than ridiculous to even think that it is possible.

60000 thb giver to the dogs + 60000 at the court ?!

I can believe that someone is scared or stupid enough to pay 60k at the police station, but how impossible it is to pay 60000 at the court for few spiffs ?

I do not say that you lie, but that FOR SURE someone lied to you, if it's not you...

I see weekly a Thai who is translator for courts, and I know what happens weekly at Samui courts. And never never never someone had to pay so much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

20 years in LOS is enough for you ? 2 lawyers friends, 1 Thai translator for courts, and few relations who got caught on Islands and Bangkok.

So if your story is true it's only one of a kind. But still, I do not believe. They can dream to get from me 60k at the police station and court, then still deport me, how ridiculous it is when they would deport me anyway if I pay nothing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

For few joints ?1 60000 thb at the court ? This is more than ridiculous to even think that it is possible.

60000 thb giver to the dogs + 60000 at the court ?!

I can believe that someone is scared or stupid enough to pay 60k at the police station, but how impossible it is to pay 60000 at the court for few spiffs ?

I do not say that you lie, but that FOR SURE someone lied to you, if it's not you...

I see weekly a Thai who is translator for courts, and I know what happens weekly at Samui courts. And never never never someone had to pay so much.

As I said if you are calling me a liar take it offline.....What possible reason could I have to fabricate this story MR. Richard Head???

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Weird story,  i'm agree that it's very surprising that anyone had to pay so much for some weed.  There are monthly story on this forum about cannabis and people usually pay 2.000 baht fine only and go home.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gamesgplayemail said:

I am just polite when talking about what you do not seem to have at all...

1 minute ago, gamesgplayemail said:

I am just polite when talking about what you do not seem to have at all...

Just keep taking the drugs Pal, but better not get caught on KT, KP or KS.....If you've been here so long you will understand!

In the meantime if you wish to doubt my credibility please feel free to visit me on Samui and I can introduce you to "My Little Friend".

Missing you already xxxx

• Haha 1

I worked with a young man who had a dispute over a bill at a hotel where he was staying.   The hotel locked his room with his personal possessions in it.   They called the police, which is what the young man wanted, to get the bill settled.  

The police searched his belongings and found a small amount of drugs.   For whatever, reason, he was arrested and not given bail.   He spent two years in prisons.  

It was an amount that would usually result in a fine, but for some reason they decided to take it all the way.   Perhaps they didn't like his nationality or the color of his skin.   Perhaps he was not polite enough.   I don't know.

But please stay on topic and keep the discussion civil.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

I worked with a young man who had a dispute over a bill at a hotel where he was staying.   The hotel locked his room with his personal possessions in it.   They called the police, which is what the young man wanted, to get the bill settled.  

The police searched his belongings and found a small amount of drugs.   For whatever, reason, he was arrested and not given bail.   He spent two years in prisons.  

It was an amount that would usually result in a fine, but for some reason they decided to take it all the way.   Perhaps they didn't like his nationality or the color of his skin.   Perhaps he was not polite enough.   I don't know.

But please stay on topic and keep the discussion civil.  

What means "I worked" ? Are you a lawyer ?

NEVER such a story was posted anywhere on the web, so how to believe you when not giving more details ?

Just like mario bros we are supposed to just trust you because you said it ?

Sorry, but I also do not believe that anybody goes to jail 2 years for some weed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Hi Scott,

If you are referring to me then I apologise for the "Playground Fight", but I am only telling the truth and only got involved with this thread to try and help Mum2.....

I will not be called a liar by anyone so if anyone doubts my story they are free to visit me in person on Koh Samui and I will make sure they are taken good care of.

Many thanks and best regards,

Mario666

What are you doing ? Threatening ? Because you are not able to post reliable information that could help the Mum ?

I see that you keep posting but not explaining ANYTHING !

And why anyone would trust you more after visiting you ? 5555 mario bros, what a funny guy.

Anyway, my opinion about you is set, and I hope that many people reading your posts will also understand.

I have nothing more to tell you and won't reply to any other lie or threatening.

It also seems that the mod should take care of you for threatening.

Adios champion.

• Like 2

at the bottom i've provided a cut/paste from the link below.  i can't say how current this website is.  but i don't see any 'fine' amounts for 2,000thb.  that said, i know people that have paid 50,000thb within hours of being caught by the police.  they are then able to leave the station with their passport as if nothing happened at all (in fact they didn't even have their passport with them).  this was in bangkok but i put it out there on this samui thread as it is helpful for others to know what to do if they are caught in bangkok.  i have read threads on this forum where members claim to have spent time in a cell and gone through the court system and paid small fines (i remember 5,000 but i could be wrong, i know it wasn't 10,000).

https://www.siam-legal.com/litigation/criminal-defence-drug-offences-in-thailand.php

For Cannabis Under Category 5:

• From 2-15 years imprisonment and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation
  • From 2-10 years imprisonment or a fine of 40,000 – 200,000 Baht or both for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal. If the quantity is over 10 kilograms, the penalty is increased to a maximum of 15 years and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht
  • Imprisonment not exceeding 5 years and or a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both for possession
  • Imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 for consumption

edit - i think the last bullet point is supposed to be an and/or but got lost in the translation.

Edited by buick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

What are you doing ? Threatening ? Because you are not able to post reliable information that could help the Mum ?

I see that you keep posting but not explaining ANYTHING !

And why anyone would trust you more after visiting you ? 5555 mario bros, what a funny guy.

Anyway, my opinion about you is set, and I hope that many people reading your posts will also understand.

I have nothing more to tell you and won't reply to any other lie or threatening.

It also seems that the mod should take care of you for threatening.

Adios champion.

No threats Mr. GP....Where did I mention any threat???

• Haha 1