Toon Bodyslam hands over 1.3 billion baht donation to 11 hospitals

webfact

Toon Bodyslam hands over 1,300 million baht donation to 11 hospitals

PNSOC610225001004101.jpg

BANGKOK, 26 February 2018 (NNT) – Famous singer Arthivara Kongmalai, better known as Toon Bodyslam, presented 1.3 billion baht of public donations raised from the charity marathon run late last year to 11 hospitals to be used in the acquisition of necessary medical equipment. 

The donation was handed over to Maj Gen Nimit Samotharn, director of Phra Mongkutklao hospital, on behalf of a representative of the 11 hospitals at Rot Fai Park. 

Apart from the total public donation, amounted to 1,377 million baht as of 2.00 pm. on Sunday, Toon and his running mates also presented four million baht raised from the sale of T-shirts to the representative. The donation will be later given to Mai Kaen hospital in Pattani province for the purchase of an X-ray machine. 

The 1,300 million baht donation will be distributed to 11 hospitals as following: Phra Mongkutklao hospital 221 million baht; Khon Kaen hospital 143 million baht; Surat Thani hospital 136.5 million baht; Ratchaburi hospital 130 million baht; Chiang Rai Prachasongkroh hospital 110.5 million baht; Saraburi hospital 104 million baht; Yala hospital 91 million baht; Nakhon Ping hospital in Chiang Mai 91 million baht; Chao Phraya Yommaraj hospital 91 million baht; Chao Phraya Abhaiphubet hospital in Prachin Buri 91 million baht and Chao Nan hospital 91 million baht.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-02-26

2 hours ago, meechai said:

Agreed Thailand needed a hero very badly & found a good one in Toon

Of course it goes without saying there will be no controls. TIT

The pinching will start with the first machine bought. The purchasing officer will make a small

side deal with the machine salesperson. Raise price & split commission

So it goes as it always has in Thailand.

But hospitals will have some new machines & services. That is what Toon wanted

to give.

Maybe.

On the other hand there is rather much public and official oversight on this feat.

I guess everybody will be careful and hopefully afraid to do wrong.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I have great respect for Mr. Bodyslam (I LOVE that name!) and his great accomplishment.

I truly hope that there are public controls on the money raised to prevent the corrupt officials from stealing their 'share'...

Beware of hospitals that may acquire modern ambulance without all those annoying logos, red cross markings, etc. Very handy for beach parties, camping, etc...

A very good initiative, and a job well done.

Government can feel very ashamed for not spending money on healthcare but on some stupid U-boats.

But thats why you have governments, they spend your money on crazy things.

Sadly im afraid as many others with me, the money will be blown away.

Respect Toon !

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 7:54 AM, Oziex1 said:

Understandably we are concerned about the donations going to those who deserve it, as one poster puts it so well as "cultural faults"

They don't think they're stealing the believe they are entitled to it.

I think he is a good man. Besides the point, does one get a tax break from this?