Foreigner furious that man who attacked him was "allowed to escape"

webfact

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

knife boy must have a few thousand baht on him and dropped it on the floor on the way to the head.

New Guys here NCC1701A Think everything is above board here? They actually think the police are up holding the law when they seek to profit from the law. I would say in the interview room knife boy was making sure to police he was leaving and he had money for them to make sure that would happen. Suggestion from police" go to the toilet  and go out that   way " We will take care of this stupid Farang  for you .  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mok199 said:

always happy to see foriengers speak up to police .....this ''you are in thailand'' line ,is so very very worn out...remember who the real criminals are...

Precisely. So you reckon the can be value in speaking up to the criminals?

The funniest thing about the Thai police is how, when they are off duty, they just set up their own little road block to steal money from Thais and farangs. It's not like the other police don't know who they are.

Imagine the local police in your hometown doing this. It just couldn't possibly happen.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2018 at 12:31 PM, soistalker said:

The funniest thing about the Thai police is how, when they are off duty, they just set up their own little road block to steal money from Thais and farangs. It's not like the other police don't know who they are.

Imagine the local police in your hometown doing this. It just couldn't possibly happen.

I'm guessing you've never driven through rural Alabama with out of state plates and no webcam.

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2018 at 5:31 AM, soistalker said:

Happens regularly in my hometown.

• 5 months later...

These types of situations will be included in my script. Makes the writing much easier when these things actually happen.

Im working on a tv  comedy 10 part series. Ill present it to interested parties back in oz.

Im hoping ABC international will support it.

Have a great week everyone.

On 2/26/2018 at 9:52 AM, ezzra said:

Welcome to Pattaya... foreigner accused Thai, police don't really care, foreigner on foreigner

even less care, but when a Thai accuess foreigner, they'll come down on you like a ton of

bricks...

of course this is Thailand, you don't remember? Are you having Alzheimer or Parkinson?

On 8/22/2018 at 2:07 PM, AboutThaim said:

I read fairly often where a policeman is sent to an inactive post.  I also often wonder what that actually means.  Do they actually have “active posts”?  How less active can humans get than being a RTP Farce member?

I may be wrong inactive post means you do clerical work like replying letters, file up old reports, enter data into computers all the boring works without seeing the brown envelop. You don't get chance to shoot at badass. Your Glock pistol becomes redundant.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, madusa said:

I may be wrong inactive post means you do clerical work like replying letters, file up old reports, enter data into computers all the boring works without seeing the brown envelop. You don't get chance to shoot at badass. Your Glock pistol becomes redundant.

Thanks for that.  My post had a fair degree of facetiousness as I realize that many police do work for their meagre pay.  Only when their remuneration becomes a liveable wage will their be any chance of ridding the country of corruption.

A friend told me a few days ago that her father and three other men (that he worked with presumably) have been paying a local cop 3000 baht each per month because they cut down a tree, without permission, 15 years ago.  I don't know how true that story is but I don't know why she would lie about something like that. She named the police station the cop works at.

4 hours ago, AboutThaim said:

Thanks for that.  My post had a fair degree of facetiousness as I realize that many police do work for their meagre pay.  Only when their remuneration becomes a liveable wage will their be any chance of ridding the country of corruption.

A friend told me a few days ago that her father and three other men (that he worked with presumably) have been paying a local cop 3000 baht each per month because they cut down a tree, without permission, 15 years ago.  I don't know how true that story is but I don't know why she would lie about something like that. She named the police station the cop works at.

A father and 3 other men you say? And probably couple of cops on the take that means 7 to 8 people altogether. 15 years you say? So a few could have died by then.

28 minutes ago, madusa said:

A father and 3 other men you say? And probably couple of cops on the take that means 7 to 8 people altogether. 15 years you say? So a few could have died by then.

I asked her how many cops, she said only one. So it's four of them paying a total of 12000 baht per month to one cop.  Don't know how you extrapolate it to as many as eight peopleand that some may have died.  Not from what I was told but if you want to make up your own story fill your boots.

5 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

I asked her how many cops, she said only one. So it's four of them paying a total of 12000 baht per month to one cop.  Don't know how you extrapolate it to as many as eight peopleand that some may have died.  Not from what I was told but if you want to make up your own story fill your boots.

Oh ok, we got some mix up here. But you did say the tree was cut down 15 years ago. 15 years is an awfully long time . I could be dead in 3 to 5 years (my late 50s now). Heart attacks, diabetes you name it. Over excitement in sexual intercourse.I just have a feeling that they all died to say the truth, so what 's the problem there? The cops are the ones who died faster and earlier due to bad karma. No doubt about that. If those cops collect money for 15 years you need to wish all the bad things to happen to them don't you?