Shirtless Falange in Restaurants

Johnboxer

21 hours ago, SABloke said:

Rather than asking why it is allowed here, why don't you ask why it's not allowed in France?  :saai: Many things are different in different countries -  imagine how boring the world would be if everywhere was the same. :wink:

How gives a dame cos i dont. Move on next moan

5 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Shirtless in Pattaya?  Most guys have NO Shame in this town....fat slobs walking all over the place in their tiny speedos.....disgusting on all levels.....should be some law where you can shoot the dumb fuc*ks on the spot....IMHO....??

IMG_6554.JPG

I totally agree, it's disgusting , I don't think they would dress like this at home ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing wrong with being shirtless at a pool, but to walk around the streets and shopping malls shirtless is just being ignorant and showing no respect for this country, how often do you see Thais doing this?

we are talking about a poolside restaurant, not cruising the local mall

22 hours ago, SABloke said:

Rather than asking why it is allowed here, why don't you ask why it's not allowed in France?  :saai: Many things are different in different countries -  imagine how boring the world would be if everywhere was the same. :wink:

..Im with the OP..who wants stinking armpits wafting over your food..common decency to cover your man-boobies..women included.

Could easily get burnt in your soup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smotherb said:

I haven't seen a copy of the dress codes. Could someone share them?

Thou shalt not wear sandals with socks. Have never understood why that drives some people into quivering outrage. Makes better sense to wear socks to minimize foot infections.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Thou shalt not wear sandals with socks. Have never understood why that drives some people into quivering outrage. Makes better sense to wear socks to minimize foot infections.

I suppose wearing a tutu with your hip waders and Polish tuxedo would be gauche?

9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well even my own country men northern Europe age range 50-60 years old males shirtless sitting in the Jomtien restaurants with silly dumb ass 30 years old tattoos all over ur white bodies  guys u are looking pathetic.?.

Everyone's a critic!

At the beach, sitting around the pool, no shirt no problem.  Come away from those locations and for fo..ok sake have the common sense and decency to put a shirt/singlet on.  It's mostly twatpackers, the Western Civilization types, that seem to be clueless.  Nothing is more delightful and adds to your dining experience that having some shirtless di..ck head sitting next to you.  Of course in more and more cases it's simply another means of showing off their ridiculous body art.  There in Thailand the staff are relucant to confront these earslings and deny them service.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

20180227_122403.jpg
This gentleman certainly has the correct attire, taking a spot of lunch.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He could be the cover model for the Thai Visa Sartorial Guide to Elegant Dining.

We would need to address different locations:
Pool Swim-Up Bar: A tie is generally not required, unless specifically mentioned in the invitation.  

Fine Dining Restaurants (Japanese): It is normal to remove one's shoes, particularly tackity boots and clarty wellies.  Do not be afraid to ask the staff to help removing, for example, tight thigh-length boots.

I'll let others fill in what they can to make this a complete guide - for example at what time in the evening is a tuxedo required in McDonalds?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roo860 said:

20180227_122403.jpg
This gentleman certainly has the correct attire, taking a spot of lunch.

Can't see if he is wearing a tie. Is that his skin or  a back support belt just above his trousers? My guess is it's a support belt to help with the weight of the clothes he has on.

Can't see if he is wearing a tie. Is that his skin or  a back support belt just above his trousers? My guess is it's a support belt to help with the weight of the clothes he has on.

His surgical support.

He was not sporting a necktie or cravat, my wife did comment on the fact that I insist on wearing my Top Hat while partaking in lunch at my local greasy spoon.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:10 AM, SABloke said:

C'est la vie