Who can recommend a good dentist in CM???

kingoak

Help!!!!

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in CM who can make dentures that will last without falling apart.

I ask because I had a set of dentures made at a dentist in the city, by the Moat, in November 2016.

The bottom plate was a partial plate and the metal clips that held the plate onto the natural teeth broke off after 2 months. There was no charge for this and a new partial plate was made.

After another 9 months the top full plate snapped in half and I revisited the dentist and he had it glued back together and he charged another 600 baht for the glueing.

Now after another 4 months the bottom partial plate is cracked and I am expecting it to snap in half soon like the top plate did and I expect the dentist will make another charge to glue this bottom partial plate.

I am wondering how long these glued plates are going to last now as of course there are no guarantees for any workmanship here.

The original pair were made in NZ and I had had them for over 20 years without one problem and they were still like new although they were a bit stained and that is why I replaced them........ I am wishing now that I had never replaced them here!!!

Any suggestions  please of someone reliable who does a good job???

53 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

WIth sympathy I write that there are a HUGE number of references for dentists over years and years on this forum.  Use search!  No need AT ALL to start a new thread.

Except that the search function is USELESS!! I was searching today for a couple of things and nothing came up. I know they were there as I contributed to a couple. Don't show up on google either.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies guys. If possible I would really be interested to hear from someone who has had dentures made here which were of good quality and have lasted some years now.

Someone suggested to me CMU dentistry department. Any comments thanks?

14 minutes ago, kingoak said:

Thanks for your replies guys. If possible I would really be interested to hear from someone who has had dentures made here which were of good quality and have lasted some years now.

All the work is done by students who are supervised, the setting is not the most conducive to comfort etc.

years ago i had some dental work done by students at big univ in USA. great work and the gold crowns holding up well. cost well below competitors.  the student dentist was near the end of his edu and already had lots of training so just coz a student, i can advise you not to reject.

14 hours ago, kingoak said:

Was looking for the same [new dentures] and found your thread.:thumbsup:

Hoping some serious replies will come up. I perused a lot of older threads and not much helpful advise was found. Was told that Ram Hospital do a good job at a fair price, will be making enquiries shortly. CMU sounds like it may be worth a call also, but, like you , would like some real feedback from someone who has actually had dentures made somewhere in Chiang Mai to their satisfaction.

2 minutes ago, jamieoutlook said:

Would you mind explaining a bit more please [about the setting, i mean].

Did you get dentures made there and were they good value?

Thanks.

I have no experience of dentures so I can't answer. The setting, however, is predominantly aimed at Thai's looking for inexpensive dentistry hence English language skills are not as you might wish but the place is not aesthetically pleasing to the eye, similar to many large government hospitals.

I highly recommend Dr. Kullapop at Dental World.

Having come here with a terrible fitting partial denture from the States (this was in 2010), I went to Grace Dental Clinic.  They have a large staff of doctors, but I was lucky enough to have been assigned Dr. Kullapop to do my work.

He started from scratch and made me a new denture that fit perfectly.  Several years ago, I had more dental work done which required that the denture be adjusted.  This time though Dr. Kullapop wasn't available and the doctor who worked on me messed up my denture resulting in my teeth no longer making good contact.

So, I went to the front desk and insisted on seeing Dr. Kullapop.  They finally told me that he left them to work somewhere else.

A google search revealed that he was at Dental World.  I was otherwise happy with Grace, but I had to leave them to return to Dr. Kullapop's care.

He recently made a lower partial for me and I couldn't be happier with it.  Both my dentures are comfortable and make good contact.

Now the Doctor does the molds and fitting, etc., but the actual dentures are made somewhere else.  I don't know where.

All I know is they fit perfectly and I haven't had a problem with them.

If I had to look for a new dentist, for some reason, my priority would be the best fitting dentures.  So, even if mine were to break, I wouldn't change doctors.