Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

9 hours ago, Rhys said:

So a Big Wing Thai Business can poach on forest reserve get off, and these two wild children, can roam and come into an increase of  XXX and be jailed for a long time...

Children??? This is a very serious offence, I believe if you forge or bring forged Baht into circulation you can get life imprisonment. I can imagine that the FBI will also want to know the details,this isn't going to be a slap on the wrist.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Children??? This is a very serious offence, I believe if you forge or bring forged Baht into circulation you can get life imprisonment. I can imagine that the FBI will also want to know the details,this isn't going to be a slap on the wrist.

It is a serious offence.

However, the 4 English guys on Koh Phangan changing fake British Pounds paid their way out and were on a flight within a couple of days. So, in Thailand if you can do a deal to pay off the cops in the early stages, serious offences can be forgotten along with the charges and consequent prison sentences. It's pay for play here.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/four-brits-charged-after-bundling-8871506

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

It is a serious offence.

However, the 4 English guys on Koh Phangan changing fake British Pounds paid their way out and were on a flight within a couple of days. So, in Thailand if you can do a deal to pay off the cops in the early stages, serious offences can be forgotten along with the charges and consequent prison sentences. It's pay for play here.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/four-brits-charged-after-bundling-8871506

Yes I remember that and I was very surprised that they got off so lightly although we don't know what happened to them back in the UK, I cant imagine that the British police just shrugged their shoulders and let it go, maybe that was part of the deal between the UK and Thai judiciary, the police in the UK will have wanted to know where the notes came from.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Yes I remember that and I was very surprised that they got off so lightly although we don't know what happened to them back in the UK, I cant imagine that the British police just shrugged their shoulders and let it go, maybe that was part of the deal between the UK and Thai judiciary, the police in the UK will have wanted to know where the notes came from.

They printed them themselves.

At least one of the four continued on his backpacking tour in Australia (one year working holiday visa). I know of no charges in the UK.

20 hours ago, djayz said:

Where would we be without gofundme? 

I competely believe the women - every day when I'm out for a walk I find money strewn around the streets. It's amazing! 

What rubbish. Did they say they found money every day, does no one ever lose money?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

In Thailand whether you like it or believe it or not you are guilty until proved innocent.

Yes, I expect that from the Thais. How are all you farangs posting on here about their guilt any different to them????

4 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Yes, I expect that from the Thais. How are all you farangs posting on here about their guilt any different to them????

I don't understand your anger, they were in possession of forged notes, it isn't unreasonable to expect a believable explanation, their version is more like a fairy story,it is going to be up to them to show it is true.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

$50,000 for an attorney? Seriously? That is about 1.6 Million baht.

A decent lawyer should cost no more than 2-300,000 for the pair of them.

What is the rest for? A fat luxurious holiday while they wait for the court case?

Will they accept fake dollars

1 hour ago, keithpa said:

What rubbish. Did they say they found money every day, does no one ever lose money?

Not $1000 in $100s. 

They now posted on the Gofundme that it was Cambodian spirit money and the word copy was covered in dirt so they didn’t see it. 

5 year olds come up with better excuses when they get caught eating sweets. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Finding money and keeping the money is illegal , it is theft .

Trying to pass off fake money as real money is an offence .

Its quite clear that they are guilty , that isnt disputable 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Finding money and keeping the money is illegal , it is theft .

Trying to pass off fake money as real money is an offence .

Its quite clear that they are guilty , that isnt disputable 

Nor the fact that like most Bimbos they believe no one will look past the pearly white smiles and fluttering eyelashes.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

They now posted on the Gofundme that it was Cambodian spirit money and the word copy was covered in dirt so they didn’t see it.  

What is more likely is that they found discarded the money , knew very well that it was fake and thought to themselves "Lets take it to Thailand and spend it, no one will notice its fake "

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Nor the fact that like most Bimbos they believe no one will look past the pearly white smiles and fluttering eyelashes.

You must have looked longer than me if you noticed that much positive detail!  One microglance was enough to confirm they are hard on the eyes.

• Like 2

nearly every vendor in cambodia takes a close look at my dollars and oftentimes
the money aint good enough so i have to keep picking up money from the belt
until they pass the eyeball test.
if they got the money handed to them in cambodia, it is well likely they got tricked them selves.
i'm sure i would not be able to differ fakes from true dollars myself

Just now, poanoi said:

if they got the money handed to them in cambodia, it is well likely they got tricked them selves.

They said already that they found it, and why would anybody be handed 1000USD in Cambodia?

1 minute ago, poanoi said:

Yes, someone gave them 1,000 dollars change in fake notes (must do better)