Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

39 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

When making generalization I do not hid behind anonymity.

i.am nether a bigot nor a card carrying member of the Patrichiacy, must have slept in when they were issued.

Your generalisations on feminism might amount to bigotry, actually.

1 minute ago, Paul Catton said:

To be fair with Amykat, it would appear she has been through quite a fair bit of crap through the last decade living in Thailand.

Her resolve of provision for her adopted daughter speaks volumes that many wouldn't undertake.

That has nothing to do with this thread though .

She needs to keep her own personal life separate from the matter of the O.P.

They are two completely separate issues, which should not over lap

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You cannot be bothered to read back through the highlights of this thread and you expect me to be bothered to write a summary for you to read !!!!!!!!!!

So:

- Has the case come up in court in Chiang Mai?

- Any result / - are they still out bail?

- Have they left Thailand?

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You cannot be bothered to read back through the highlights of this thread and you expect me to be bothered to write a summary for you to read !!!!!!!!!!

Well, pretty much. :biggrin:

Unless you can point me to the location of those highlights.

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So:

- Has the case come up in court in Chiang Mai?

- Any result / - are they still out bail?

- Have they left Thailand?

There doesnt seem to have been any updated information at all , not even proof of being arrested, let alone any Court dates .

Still no proof that they even tried to change the fake money in the first place and no proof that they ever got arrested .

I have a feeling that there will soon be an update saying something like *We went to a private Court , got fined all the money raised and are now in Bali and signed a secrecy agreement  , thanks for your help everyone*

2 minutes ago, HLover said:

Probably all fake, to cash in on the Go Fund Me campaign.

That is what I believe .

They found the fake money in Cambodia and thought "this looks real"

We could take it to Thailand and change it into Baht there , they might not notice and if they do notice , they just wont change the money , if we get caught , we could start a gofundme page and they will pay all out costs .

Hey, lets not even bother to try to change the money , lets just start a GFM page to get money instead , that way, we get money and theres no possibility of getting in trouble and no one will ever know .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

It didn't pass.

Shit got real, real fast.

I do believe that if they had been arrested , a newstory of that caliber would have at last made the local newspaper , more probably , it would have made the National newspapers/media with a photo of them , surrounded the the RTP all pointing at the money.

All they would have had to have done is to show a copy of their charge sheet, bail sheet or anything official  , with any info which they wanted to be kept secret, hidden .

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 8:42 PM, Scott said:

Counterfeit money is handled by the Secret Service.   Usually, people from their home country can tell a fake bank note more easily than a foreigner.   They tend to feel differently.  

In the past, both North Korea and Syria were involved in making fake $100 bills.   The cost of producing a good fake was really expensive, though.  

I once worked for a US gov't program in Thailand and we had a training session with Secret Service  and they passed around fake notes.   The US citizens almost always could tell the fakes, but the non US citizens had trouble.   Those were all good fakes.  

The GoFundMe and You Caring pages are still live and I'd like to know who Brendon Berlanga, Emergencies....from California is. Somebody who doesn't really exist?

Brandon Berlanga 

26 minutes ago, britishrepublican said:

I'm sure the Thai authorities will see through this pack of lies. They got caught trying to pass off counterfeit dollars, I hope the Thai authorities throw the book at them.

They belong in jail.

I didn't see any proof that they really got caught passing on fake notes, did you?

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

The GoFundMe and You Caring pages are still live and I'd like to know who Brendon Berlanga, Emergencies....from California is. Somebody who doesn't really exist?

Brandon Berlanga 

He is one of the girls boyfriend, hes in the USA .

He was the one who posted about Cambodian ATM machines giving out fake US $ bills

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He is one of the girls boyfriend, hes in the USA .

He was the one who posted about Cambodian ATM machines giving out fake US $ bills

He's also "promoting" another "GoFundMe victim". I had a good laugh when I saw his title:  "Emergencies". A great way to make good money and to finance a new car, holidays, etc...

I do not think that the money came from an ATM, if so they'd have gotten the money back, ATM's have a camera...even in Cambodia.

BTW, since when do ATM's in Cambodia give out American bucks???????????????????????????????????      Cambodian Riel would be more real. 

It's sad that the real victims won't get much attention after such fraudsters. And I'm calling him a fraudster, one of them. 

Perhaps time to write a report to the online cops of Citrus heights...

Edited by jenny2017

5 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

unless it's changed in the past couple years, most

atm's that accept foreign cards dispense usd.  was pretty rare to find one that would spit out riel.

I never withdrew money from an Cambodian ATM, it seems that some of them spit out Riel, some dollars. 

3 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

I didn't see any proof that they really got caught passing on fake notes, did you?

Ok ... luv.

Let's see what the authorities say. I think I would sooner believe them than two criminals caught passing dodgy USD.

They found them... ha ha. I can picture the judges face when they tell him that. He'll throw the book at them.

Do you know how severe they punish these kinds of offences here in thailand? They'll be 3 years waiting to get to court. Slap it up them!

3 minutes ago, britishrepublican said:

Ok ... luv.

Let's see what the authorities say. I think I would sooner believe them than two criminals caught passing dodgy USD.

They found them... ha ha. I can picture the judges face when they tell him that. He'll throw the book at them.

Do you know how severe they punish these kinds of offences here in thailand? They'll be 3 years waiting to get to court. Slap it up them!

I dont see them getting the book thrown at them, this is Thailand!  People get released on bail for murder and sentences are halved if the plead guilty.  Seen people do allot worse than this and they get a slap on the wrist.  These girls will get something like 2-3 years suspended sentence and have to pay a 3000-5000THB fine. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ericthai said:

I dont see them getting the book thrown at them, this is Thailand!  People get released on bail for murder and sentences are halved if the plead guilty.  Seen people do allot worse than this and they get a slap on the wrist.  These girls will get something like 2-3 years suspended sentence and have to pay a 3000-5000THB fine. 

But is there any actual legal process in motion?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Makara appears to have slunk away.

Just amykat left, putting up a robust defence for the alleged fraudsters.

I haven't gone anywhere just dealing with you guys is pointless.

11 hours ago, smx1313 said:

To be fair I don't think the petition was something they started. From reading the Facebook postings at the beginning of all this it seems that someone thought, for whatever reason, that Trump should intervene. They then took it upon themselves to start the petition. 

Bingo. Wasn't them at all

35 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

Whoa! Ease up cowboy. 

There's no need for such a personal attack or harsh judgement.

Makara came here simply to try and offer a possible defense for someone they have a good opinion of.

The response? A Grand Inquisition by total strangers from all over the world. People DEMANDING information, proof, evidence as if judges in a court of law.

We saw Makara trying diligently to respond to the onslaught, provide answers to heated questioning from all sides, 24 hours a day for weeks.

So after the intense onslaught from an angry mob, 77 pages of posts, you find *gasp* that there are, OMG, inaccurate statements?

Legal documents that they have no access to where not delivered? 

But most damning of all, Makara dared to get frustrated with the mindless slings and arrows!

So now you, High And Mighty Lord Inquisitor, pronounce the judgement to be SHAME.

Maybe it might be best to take a deep breath, unwind a little. This is a legal issue that doesn't involve any of us no matter how fun it is to play armchair detective.

If I tried to answer nearly 100 pages of scrutiny in a situation like this I would probably have some inconsistent answers.

Maybe you would not, who knows? You are still not in a position to pronounce judgement.

Perhaps I know at least a little more than you. 

• Haha 1