Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

Just now, giddyup said:

Then why are you arguing about an alleged crime? Now you say no crime has been committed.

..............because they "allege" that they found some money and tried to change fake money at a money changers , which is a crime and "alleged" .

I am not "now" saying that no crime has been committed , I said that some time before , a few pages back .

Go back to page 12 , read all the posts and keep up to date and then comment , rather than me having to explain everything to you

• Haha 1

These cryptic Facebook posts make it seem more and more like a scam. 

If it was real there would surely be news reports, photos from the Currency Exchange CCTV of them, police info etc. The police here CANNOT wait to have a photo pointing at the assailants, especially some bad foreigners, yet there is nothing. 

The only info is from their Facebook and gofundme. Very suspicious. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, sanemax said:

..............because they "allege" that they found some money and tried to change fake money at a money changers , which is a crime and "alleged" .

I am not "now" saying that no crime has been committed , I said that some time before , a few pages back .

Go back to page 12 , read all the posts and keep up to date and then comment , rather than me having to explain everything to you

You are talking around in circles, go and have a lie down. I've hit the ignore button.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

I would have thought making up stories to get crowd funding happens every week.

What clowns are giving money to strangers for sob stories?

Seems like the infamous Nigerian Scams are infectious! 

8 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

These cryptic Facebook posts make it seem more and more like a scam. 

If it was real there would surely be news reports, photos from the Currency Exchange CCTV of them, police info etc. The police here CANNOT wait to have a photo pointing at the assailants, especially some bad foreigners, yet there is nothing. 

The only info is from their Facebook and gofundme. Very suspicious. 

Agree.

In other words, looks very much like a planned scam.

Just now, Justfine said:

What laws does that break?

There's also the point about ethics and morals.

It's well possible that no law has been broken (in all sorts of situations) but the actions taken are immoral and unethical and take advantage of naive people and emathima to what's acceptable to civil society.

Just now, scorecard said:

There's also the point about ethics and morals.

It's well possible that no law has been broken (in all sorts of situations) but the actions taken are immoral and unethical and take advantage of naive people and emathima to what's acceptable to civil society.

Hello crowd funding. Hello third world charity.

• Confused 1

Just now, Father Fintan Stack said:

Cases like this bring the point that it's a shame that we don't have money in a digital form, on an immutable ledger, that is completely secure and stored solely by the owner and can't be faked or counterfeited and every single transaction can be traced and proven. It would be amazing if it was debt-free and deflationary too, and could not be reproduced by governments on a whim, when they decide to counterfeit themselves (quantitative easing). 

Yet we are told that this type of 'money' will be used by criminals. :laugh:

Yeah like crypo crap that gets hacked every week and expensive to use.

4 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Geez

Hello crowd funding. Hello third world charity.

Can you please explain?

('cos the subject was Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars)

Edited by ravip

4 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Cases like this bring the point that it's a shame that we don't have money in a digital form, on an immutable ledger, that is completely secure and stored solely by the owner and can't be faked or counterfeited and every single transaction can be traced and proven. It would be amazing if it was debt-free and deflationary too, and could not be reproduced by governments on a whim, when they decide to counterfeit themselves (quantitative easing). 

Yet we are told that this type of 'money' will be used by criminals. :laugh:

I was with you up until your last sentence.  A debt-free, deflationary currency would be a disaster.  And if you think that quantitative easing is a form of counterfeiting, then you might as well take a step back and look at the bigger picture of fiat currencies - as they are "counterfeit" from the get go.

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Even a half decent crypto can't be hacked as it is a distributed network. In addition, it is far cheaper to use than fiat money. 

Exchanges and wallets can be hacked though, but that is if you are stupid not to use security precautions and/or leave your funds on centralised exchanges. 

Rubbish.