VIDEO: American soldier attacked by gang of Thai men in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ttrd said:

.... and still if you dont change the battery it will always show the correct time at least 2 times every 24 hours so overall the fake watches are just amazing value for money....:coffee1:

2 times a day  :smile:.  Just like the real thing then.  I bought a fake Jaeger Le Coultre reverso in Hong Kong twenty years ago and it still works fine.  They are fake in that they are copies of designer watches but are  still perfectly good watches in themselves.  There is no kudos anymore in most designer watches because they are all copied.  Unless you have very deep pockets and then you are likely to get mugged for it anyway!

4 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

any goose should know a watches for sale from a street walker gotta be fake.

whats the point to make a fuss about it?

just no thanks or mai ow krap work for me 10 years and no trouble.

i dont believe these tough guy ego maniac miliatary heros can have any brains if they feel a need to mouth off at a down and out street vendor

Aw, the poor little vendors, they are so polite and never hassle anyone, especially when they are in groups, do they? And, of course, you heard the GI mouth-off, didn't you?.

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

how to deal with street vendors 101: they dont exist, ignore them,

dont look at them, do not talk to them, dont stop,

at most shake your head while still not look at them

Whilst probably being good advice, it’s pretty sad that this is the way of it, to say the least.

but moving forward, prayuts thai nyong whatthefark will solve all these misunderstandings between peoples who rely on tourists to make a living, and their client base... sure it will.

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Not gutless, or stupid, it wouldn't have been long before there were about 10 motorbike taxi guys there, probably a few of them with blades. I've lived here 20 years and know not to get involved, the Thais will always be on the winning side.

This comes not long after a guy was killed in a bar fight here.

I had an old friend who got a knife in the ribs and a punctured lung many years ago in Bangkok, in an incident similar to this one in Pattaya.

Best not get involved.

The Thais didn't appear to win this time--looks like three of them felt the Yank--the bald guy, the guy in the checked shirt and the other guy in the black shirt with a pouch.

5 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

2 times a day  :smile:.  Just like the real thing then.  I bought a fake Jaeger Le Coultre reverso in Hong Kong twenty years ago and it still works fine.  They are fake in that they are copies of designer watches but are  still perfectly good watches in themselves.  There is no kudos anymore in most designer watches because they are all copied.  Unless you have very deep pockets and then you are likely to get mugged for it anyway!

I am totally agree With you and I am the owner of several fake watches bought different Places around the world - some has crashed, some are lost and some still function very well. It is With the fake  watches as for much other Electronics of different brands - they are all using the same basic Technology With some differences in quality of the materials. To own and wear a fake watch is actually nothing but a winn/winn situation as People in general will be impressed as they dont know its fake and the bandits will leave you in Peace as they know...;)

5 hours ago, toenail said:

The so called "American soldier" with the balding head looks too old to be a soldier. Fake information from him.

Were you there? Do you know him? Did you speak to anyone that was? I wasn't and don't know and leave it at that. Otherwise, I show my ignorance.

15 minutes ago, poanoi said:

dont buy street vendor watches, its trash.

buy at a proper shop with guarantee

You should have both and use them for different occasions on different locations. We cannot change the worlds reality, but we can learn how to deal with it in a safe and most costsaving way....:coffee1:

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

Read the story again?  It title American? then read on it is Westener?

You watch the video, where is the American, identified as a soldier?  who comes up with this shit?  Watch them fight, a trained military bitch slapping?

So what to expect, that the trained soldier who is not only trained in martial art but as well trained to NOT use it in civil arenas should have killed the seller...??...:coffee1:

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Not gutless, or stupid, it wouldn't have been long before there were about 10 motorbike taxi guys there, probably a few of them with blades. I've lived here 20 years and know not to get involved, the Thais will always be on the winning side.

This comes not long after a guy was killed in a bar fight here.

I had an old friend who got a knife in the ribs and a punctured lung many years ago in Bangkok, in an incident similar to this one in Pattaya.

Best not get involved.

one of the jet ski group turns up at .28 just behind the copper,   little ??  something from the jet ski video

5 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

The Military guy is out of there in 10 seconds, hops between bikes and down the soi. Hint "Look at the Haircut". The remainder just appear to be caught up in few wildly thrown punches, doesn't seem to be and harm done.

the one who did the damage had a white printed shirt on ,, the white shirt came out of bar with his mate at the wrong time  ,, then printed white shirt got a few more shots in

I just love good news!

Looks like three of the Thai bullies got a right slap from the soldier.

Would it have been fun if there were three soldiers against the 5-6 cowards!

Thais are a bunch of cowards and racists. The others who joined in, just because he was a foreigner, had no idea of what the row was about. 

Thai rak Thai?

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So, 3-5 Thai jump an American, because he wouldn't buy one of their fake watches, and half a dozen other farang just sit on their bar stools and watch.  Pathetic all the way around.

Why would they get involved, I would say it’s the Americans fault, I’ve said no many times (100+) to watch and glasses sellers and never had them attack me, they move on to the next person. 

I really do not understand, how these fights start?

Been living here for years and have never found myself in any trouble or fights of any kind.

Sorry, but I simply do not believe the 3 Thais jumped on this guy without any real reason. He must have provoked them in some way. They do not jump people, just because you say no to buy something.

6 hours ago, Darcula said:

All part of the jungle survival training course. Drinking snake blood, eating scorpions, etc.

So.Rambo/Delta Force/Green Beret/Navy Seal is all a hoax! What happened to all the close combat training?  They can’t fight without their AR-15 !!! Fake news on those superhero

1 minute ago, Bangkokazy said:

Nobody is so stupid to buy a watches in Asia and believe it's genuine.

011.png

I did.

What,on Earth,are you trying to say?

Okay..the innards kinda got gummed up after 6 months...but,because I can speak colloquial 17th century Thai,been livin' here for 30 years and NEVER been ripped off..I can only put it down to the Chiang Mai effect.

Everyone  knows the Chiang Mai effect.

4 minutes ago, Bangkokazy said:

Nobody is so stupid to buy a watches in Asia and believe it's genuine.

011.png

They are not bought because People are stupid, BUT because they are NOT genuin...:coffee1:

Archived