VIDEO: American soldier attacked by gang of Thai men in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I did.

What,on Earth,are you trying to say?

Okay..the innards kinda got gummed up after 6 months...but,because I can speak colloquial 17th century Thai,been livin' here for 30 years and NEVER been ripped off..I can only put it down to the Chiang Mai effect.

Everyone  knows the Chiang Mai effect.

You probably have not bought a clock either

6 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

They were not even thinking about helping another foreigner, me thinks. Shame. 

Why would they? Many idiot farang as well in Thailand...and many guns around plus you don't know who's side the police will take.

Those watchvendors also walk into restaurants like they own the place, very annoying....owners of restaurants don't dare to stop them which tells me enough....

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...because he wouldn't buy one of their fake watches...".

You really think that is all there was to it?  Really?  Why should the others get involved in the fracas?  Pity you weren't around to sort them all out, eh?

The soldier did not need any help

6 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Best thing I ever did was stay. :smile: Never had any problem w/ the vendors. Fact, I share a smile with them sometimes. They agree my watch & sunglasses are real whereas theirs are fake.

Vendor management is merely one of those skills true cesspoolians pick up rather quickly and easily.

I think we could also find a few not in the video. Anywhere.

I think the soldier picked up vendor management rather quickly as well

just more Thai garbage that is allowed to harass and insult customers in other venues and is blessed to do so by the utterly incompetent RTP of Pattaya. One of these rats tried to park himself on a chair at my wife's shop. Thought he was a owner. This was quickly rectified lol. <deleted> go pay rent. Better still go hand yourself.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

I believe the American was wearing a white t'shirt, the guy with the sore face is one of the fake watch sellers, the other one beside him looks like he got a slap too, nothing makes me more pleased

yeah theThais got a belt and the then ran for a tissue lol. The bald headed bloke was with the Thais all street.sellers

6 hours ago, LennyW said:

At least 3 of them got a slap before the soldier walked away, hopefully they might think twice next time.........nah, who am i kidding!!

All from Sth Thai hated by other Thais. They should go and drown themselves do society a favor

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

All from Sth Thai hated by other Thais. They should go and drown themselves do society a favor

If they are all hated by the other Thai then they must be awful bad,

I mean,like really,really bad as the Bangkok Thai just about hate everyone (except themselves,of course)

7 hours ago, sahibji said:

as long there is no suitable enforcement these cowardly acts will go on. wild dogs can only hunt in packs.

A gang and a cripple all laughable pushing a super fit war machine. Spastics they derseve what they got

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So, 3-5 Thai jump an American, because he wouldn't buy one of their fake watches, and half a dozen other farang just sit on their bar stools and watch.  Pathetic all the way aro

Yes, I wonder what Jose Manuel Polanco Jr. would have done.  Better to let life flow by you in Thailand.

7 hours ago, petermik said:

I got a certificate with my 1000 baht Rolex bought here in Pattaya.......:thumbsup:

I didn't get a certificate, but did get a 'lifetime' warranty with my watch.

Any problems with the watch just take it back for a refund or exchange.

LeoTex 

looks like a really nice place. really hot girls. guys sat down look like a great bunch. and hey, how did we know the yanks were yanks? socks with shoes and trainers. stop doing that will you 5555

if you gotta insist on wearing socks with your shoes and trainers make them trainer socks, better look guys. by the way good job there.

2 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

I just love good news!

Looks like three of the Thai bullies got a right slap from the soldier.

Would it have been fun if there were three soldiers against the 5-6 cowards!

Thais are a bunch of cowards and racists. The others who joined in, just because he was a foreigner, had no idea of what the row was about. 

Thai rak Thai?

"Thais are a bunch of cowards and racists"

Are you honestly and seriously mean that the Thais are racists?

Comparatively, how would the 'Racist Meter' reflect on Westerners?

Does not your post have a 'ring' of racism in itself?

How about a MAJORITY of posts on TV?

Who really 'created' racism on this planet?

Could you be honest to yourself and answer the above questions, please?

(Just so that I get the correct meaning of Racist) 

3 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

It's not clear from the video how the fight got started, but you can see the first soldier running away between the bikes, then the second soldier sucker punched another thai and ran away in the other dierction.

You aren't looking at the CCTV video, where the American is king snaked by the watch seller and within the blink of an eye the Thai had a friend join in who happened to be standing behing the American. The first two Thai's set up an ambush for whatever reason and attacked the American in the white shirt.  Stickboybkk has the video from the bar.

2 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

I just love good news!

Looks like three of the Thai bullies got a right slap from the soldier.

Would it have been fun if there were three soldiers against the 5-6 cowards!

Thais are a bunch of cowards and racists. The others who joined in, just because he was a foreigner, had no idea of what the row was about. 

Thai rak Thai?

Well, when it comes to the thai crowd mentality part my experience has a different and positive twist. I was driving from Pattaya towards Trat and on the way I got a flat tire. No need to ask anyone as it came Thais from all corners that wanted to give a hand ended up with that they fixed everything with a smile and for no charge so their crowd mentality is not only negative - when it comes to the racist/coward part my experience is that they are not different from us westerner with a mix of all types of individuals....:coffee1:

11 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Well, when it comes to the thai crowd mentality part my experience has a different and positive twist. I was driving from Pattaya towards Trat and on the way I got a flat tire. No need to ask anyone as it came Thais from all corners that wanted to give a hand ended up with that they fixed everything with a smile and for no charge so their crowd mentality is not only negative - when it comes to the racist/coward part my experience is that they are not different from us westerner with a mix of all types of individuals....:coffee1:

It really cant be any other way with a 68m or whatever population

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So, 3-5 Thai jump an American, because he wouldn't buy one of their fake watches, and half a dozen other farang just sit on their bar stools and watch.  Pathetic all the way around.

Well yeah Rambo what can I say.

Only thing I know for sure is that you never intervened in such a event, because then you wouldn't have made this silly comment.

At least it earned you some likes.

38 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

You aren't looking at the CCTV video, where the American is king snaked by the watch seller and within the blink of an eye the Thai had a friend join in who happened to be standing behing the American. The first two Thai's set up an ambush for whatever reason and attacked the American in the white shirt.  Stickboybkk has the video from the bar.

It impossible to see exactly what is going on in the poor quality cctv in the bar.  While it looks like the Thai threw the first punch, he might have had an elbow in the face just before that.

Your ambush theory is made up nonsense.

Archived