Arsenal

MiG16

prediction as in

the other night cos we lost, I expect to see a lot of rivals coming in to rub salt in the wound as we say in thai

and look at tonight.

no one has anything to say when we win 3:0 do you :D

predictable :) not that I really care.

only care that we win. :D

prediction as in

the other night cos we lost, I expect to see a lot of rivals coming in to rub salt in the wound as we say in thai

and look at tonight.

Well Mig they cost me points as I predicted 2 - 0 win for Arsenal - so only got 2 points instead of 8 :D

Lets see what Tuesday brings !!! There may be a lot of posts after the game. :D

BT

prediction as in

and look at tonight.

Well Mig they cost me points as I predicted 2 - 0 win for Arsenal - so only got 2 points instead of 8 :D

Lets see what Tuesday brings !!! There may be a lot of posts after the game. :D

BT

Yea but not on this thread seeing as we are not allowed to jeer up the arse group (of one) :D

haha

it only takes one of Arsenal fan to ward off the lot of ManU's

thats cos we aint afraid of you :D

bring it on :D

by the way.... I just got a very very abusive PM from someone called ryansoccer :)

I have a sus feeling it is a ManU fan afraid of upcoming game HAHAHA

prediction as in

and look at tonight.

Take it from me.....ARSENAL to win on penalties and meet Chelsea in the Final......TRUE!!!

ermmm I dont care how you know, or why you think it will end at penalties

but you are in my good books :)

however...I foresee Barca.......

perhaps Gennissis has been reading the Arsenal website?

Wenger - We have not practised penalties

By Richard Clarke

Arsenal have not specifically practised penalties in the build-up to the Champions League Semi-Final second leg with Manchester United this evening.

If Arsène Wenger’s side win 1-0 in 90 minutes and extra-time remains goalless then a place in Rome will be decided from 12 yards.

Of course, Arsenal have already won a penalty shoot-out in this year’s competition. Ironically it came at the Stadio Olimpico, the venue for the Final, in the Knockout Round.

However, even though success this evening could make or break his season, Wenger has deliberately avoided a rehearsal.

“No. I don’t believe [in it],” he said. “We practise penalties in training, but never the day before the game. “If you practise penalties the day before the game, always one or two will miss. And then they will go into the game with that pressure. "We practise penalties usually in training for fun but I’m not a big fan of it the day before the game.”

a smart man is our Arsene

source: arsenal.com

prediction as in

and look at tonight.

[color="#ff0000"]Take it from me.....ARSENAL to win on penalties and meet [/color]Chelsea in the Final......TRUE!!!

And I guess that's why you do whatever you do for a living and SAF does what he does. :D

prediction as in

and look at tonight.

Take it from me.....ARSENAL to win on penalties and meet Chelsea in the Final......TRUE!!!

What in blow football? :D

I've read in The Nation yesterday how Arsene was preparing his boys - relax and play your own game, people never become great footballers under pressure, bla bla bla.

Is it normal for Arsene? No wonder his team can't win anything with attitude like this. I think he has become a sissy and it reflects badly on the whole team.

I've read in The Nation yesterday how Arsene was preparing his boys - relax and play your own game, people never become great footballers under pressure, bla bla bla.

Is it normal for Arsene? No wonder his team can't win anything with attitude like this. I think he has become a sissy and it reflects badly on the whole team.

No matter what the coach says you cant help it if a defender slips and your keeper reacts to slowly to a shot from 35 yards, at which point it was game over.

That was like Pacquao V Hatton - The Sequel.. :D

Yes and i stayed up to watch it, its not good when a team like Arsenal cant even come close to competing with the club that has too much money and is too well organised.

don't blame us because arsenal blew all their money on that stadium and gallas. :)

wenger's entirely to blame for arsenal's situation nowadays. considering the man made his name off teams which won trophies through a mix of good football and a number of hard players who could mix it up he seems to have sacrificed winning football at the altar of some vanity project. it's clear to anyone with eyes what is wrong with arsenal but he keeps on refusing to address it. new goalkeeper (could have had shay given), new centreback (could have had hangeland or numerous others) and a ball-winning midfielder (could have had palacios, de jong or kept diarra or flamini) and they'd be in far better shape. but he continues to avoid blame for them under-acheiving.

I blame me :)

with the flu Ive had since past week (no its not swine!) I missed the alarm and only woke up just as the game ended.

sighhhhhhh

No matter what the coach says you cant help it if a defender slips and your keeper reacts to slowly to a shot from 35 yards, at which point it was game over.

The coach is responsible for their lapse in concentration and forgiving attitude, so they do it again and again and again.

I blame me :)

with the flu Ive had since past week (no its not swine!) I missed the alarm and only woke up just as the game ended.

sighhhhhhh

Look at this way Migsy - had you woken up it would have only made you feel worse. :D

Migsy and other gunner fans on here (are there any?), I put this article in here cause its funny (the first paragraph anyway) and something that many a TV member can relate too. :)

Bendtner sorryfor ‘regrettable’ night out

By Glenn Moore

In the wake of such a crushing defeat as Tuesday night's Champions League exit to Manchester United there was little for Arsenal's players to do but look forward and hope. Except, that is, for Nicklas Bendtner who appeared to opt for drowning his sorrows and was photographed leaving London's Boujis nightclub at four in the morning with his trousers around his knees.

Following their publication the Dane apologised. "No matter how disappointed I was, it does not excuse my behaviour later in the evening," he said. "I may be young but my actions were a poor error of judgment and something I deeply regret."

More senior, and sober, players preferred the psychological crutch of insisting: "We will come back stronger." There were, however, two caveats. Cesc Fabregas, Kolo Touré and Emmanuel Adebayor, the spine of the team, all recognised the squad needed strengthening, and could not afford to lose key players.

"I'm very confident we can push on next season," said Fabregas. "We've gone 21 games without being beaten [in the Premier League] and that shows we have improved a lot." Touré added: "Nobody was expecting much from us this season but we showed great spirit and are really proud of what we have done." Their sentiments were echoed by Adebayor: "We reached the [Champions League] quarter-final last season and the semis this. I hope that next season we can become winners." But it is four years since Arsenal won anything and Touré admitted: "We don't know how to win a trophy right now. Winning the first will help us to win some more."

To do so, however, reinforcements are required, admitted Fabregas. "Manchester United have many, many players who can make a difference," he said, adding: "Chelsea, too. We don't have that same deep squad but we have to cope with it because our job is to play football and the rest is for the boss [Arsène Wenger]."

Adebayor was more forthright. "We need some players," he said. "We lost [Alexander] Hleb to Barcelona, [Mathieu] Flamini to Milan, and it was quite difficult to play. I think we have taken a step backwards – not only me but the team."

Touré also noted, "We [also] need to keep the players [we have]." Will they? The trio have themselves been linked to moves with, in particular, Milan coveting Adebayor, Manchester City chasing Touré, who was on the transfer list mid-season, and Barcelona perpetually associated with Fabregas.

Touré insisted: "I think I am part of the club and have to stay to help us win things again." For what it is worth, and he has been known to contradict himself, Adebayor also pledged himself to the cause, in a fashion.

"Before signing for Arsenal [in January 2006], I can remember people telling me I have the chance to win things," he said. "Now I am empty-handed but I don't have any reason for leaving until I have won trophies and got what I came here for.

"Arsenal put me where I am today. They made me one of the biggest strikers in the world. I have to pay them back. How am I going to pay them back? Helping them win trophies. That's what I am here for and I have to fight for that. Next season, 100 per cent, I am an Arsenal footballer."

With Fabregas having recently said he, too, is staying, there presumably will be no major departures. "I don't know," he said. "We thought last year we would all stay together but we weren't at the end."

Edited by bkkjames

ofcourse there are other Gunners on this board

quite a few actuallly

they just arent as talkative as the ManU lot, thats all

quite a few actuallly

Yes, they have been pretty quiet this week. :)

prediction as in

and look at tonight.

OOOP'S :D:D:D

quite a few actuallly

we are still here toadie

and we wont be going far :D

will come back for our title soon

quite a few actuallly

we are still here toadie

Welcome back. :D

quite a few actuallly

Yes, they have been pretty quiet this week. :D

we are still here toadie

Welcome back. :D

:):D:D

To the Forum ? :D

BT :D

we are still here toadie

Not further than 4th place in the league. :)

ARSENAL F.C.

End of Season Dinner Dance 2009 SAME AS LAST YEAR - but ?

Starter

Egg on Face

Seasoned Hash

Frogs legs (past their best)

Spanish Surprise (well beaten)

Main course

Humble Pie

Chump Chops

French (has) Beans

Manager's Beef (not rare)

Catch of the Day - (gutted)

NB: everything is imported, nothing is home grown.

Dessert

Sour Grapes (may be hard to swallow)

Fruitless Tarts

Raspberry Fools

Hard Cheese

Drinks

Bitter

Little Spirit

French Whine

Cabernet Empty 2009

Champagne - sorry none ordered

STRICTLY NO DOUBLES OR TREBLES

NB: drinks should be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year.

Guests are asked not to get HAMMERED ( but can wear trousers round ankles as is the fashion)

Guest speaker:

Sir Alex Ferguson - "What it's like to win the European Cup" - AGAIN

Please note that the club’s European Tour for the season 2009-10 is not guaranteed YET.

Sorry MIG could not resist :D

BT