Arsenal

MiG16

Arsenal should focus everything on getting above spurs asap and if that still only means finishing 2nd then so be it! Leicester deserve to be where they are at this point of time.

What do you mean "if", you ain't finishing no higher than 2nd laugh.png

You're both being silly.

Arsenal should concentrate on doing whatever they need to do to prepare for West Ham (A) next week.

At this stage of the season that should be our only focus, it's pointless the team doing anything else. It's about winning every game, simple as.

We, on the other hand, can speculate something stupid.

biggrin.png

(Tiny totts vs Merchandise United next week, ooh that's always good for a ruckus. And on the pitch <heh>

Good to see Jack is taking his rehabilitation seriously enough to get involved in pissed up fights at nightclubs.

Not sure there is a place for him in the side anyway with Mo and Le Coq working so well together.

It won't post properly here, but if you want to see the Cann Table:

http://users.sussex.ac.uk/~iane/cannyclubs.php

Thanks. Interesting way of showing the table.

Jenny Cann was a Gooner mate of mine, extremely knowledgeable about the team and football.

Died of cancer too young bless her.

She would have been chuffed to bits - Tony Adams turned up at her funeral.

biggrin.png

Sorry to hear of your loss.

On the telly here in LOS, which ever company produces the Premier league shows a 'Premier Legends' documentary swries as filler on individual retired players. The most interesting programme was the Tony Adams one and he came across as a lovely genuine bloke. I can't say this about many players past or present but one of the few I would honestly like to meet would be TA (of the current City squad I'd only like to meer Zaba...he and Adams are made of similar stuff).

Sorry to hear of your loss.

On the telly here in LOS, which ever company produces the Premier league shows a 'Premier Legends' documentary swries as filler on individual retired players. The most interesting programme was the Tony Adams one and he came across as a lovely genuine bloke. I can't say this about many players past or present but one of the few I would honestly like to meet would be TA (of the current City squad I'd only like to meer Zaba...he and Adams are made of similar stuff).

I met Tony Adams about twelve or thirteen years ago. Top bloke.

Carmine, tell us more. Arsenal event, in a pub, friend of friend?

Starbucks on Putney High Street. Can't remember much, just that we started chatting and he was really sound. Strangely no football discussed!! Seem to remember he was on his way to see his kids.

Always respected him as a player as i think did most Spurs fans.

Funny, but his book had just come out yet lots of Jennys mate's were trying to get him down the Arsenal Tavern for the wake!

The last I saw of him was sneaking off behind a hedge. Gave him a cheeky thumbs up and a wink to which he replied likewise with a smile!

Starbucks on Putney High Street. Can't remember much, just that we started chatting and he was really sound. Strangely no football discussed!! Seem to remember he was on his way to see his kids.

Did he get everybody in the queue organised in to flat back 4 waiting on his signal to move up?

• Like 1

Did he get everybody in the queue organised in to flat back 4 waiting on his signal to move up?

That was George Graham's coaching, they were drilled repeatedly as a unit separate from the rest of the training sessions.

And it generally worked.

They also scored a lot of goals from corners, too.

A lot of Arsenal fans miss that discipline in defence.

Yep, nobody can dispute the efficiency of that back 4. Enjoy http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/may/08/joy-of-six-great-defences

By God it was tediously boring though wasn't it!

Not when you were winning it wasn't.

30,000 arms used to go up in unison.

biggrin.png

I suppose you only needed to cheer once per game. coffee1.gif

We even have a song.

biggrin.png

Trouble is I keep forgetting the words...

If Wenger is tempted to sell the plonker Jack I hope he doesn't do so to a UK rival. On balance I would give him one last chance on the yob stuff and the glass ankle. Still think he is a great CAM when fit and I would hate to see him prove that to all his myriad detractors at a Man City or similar.

Someone needs to cast a love and Daddy spell over him.

Edit: good god - just checked Wiki the guy is married and has several kids! Needs to get his extra-marital licks in a much better class of club then! I might have been drugged in the odd shady club around the world (Berlin and Tokyo to be specific) but that's over 4 decades, I'm no pro athlete and I don't recall ever coming close to fight night!

Edited by SantiSuk

If Wenger is tempted to sell the plonker Jack I hope he doesn't do so to a UK rival. On balance I would give him one last chance on the yob stuff and the glass ankle. Still think he is a great CAM when fit and I would hate to see him prove that to all his myriad detractors at a Man City or similar.

Edit: good god - just checked Wiki the guy is married and has several kids! Needs to get his extra-marital licks in a much better class of club then! I might have been drugged in the odd shady club around the world (Berlin and Tokyo to be specific) but that's over 4 decades, I'm no pro athlete and I don't recall ever coming close to fight night!

Good money after bad with Wilshere. I'd showcase him in some preseason matches in the summer to show he's not hobbled and then send him packing. He looks like an incorrigible case to me. Mores the pity given his talent. Generally speaking, Arsenal could do worse than to finally sell some of Wenger's chronic underachievers.

Good money after bad with Wilshere. I'd showcase him in some preseason matches in the summer to show he's not hobbled and then send him packing. He looks like an incorrigible case to me. Mores the pity given his talent. Generally speaking, Arsenal could do worse than to finally sell some of Wenger's chronic underachievers.

So you would lambast Pep if he brought him into Man City then JD.

Agree with your general sentiment though. Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Mertesacker, Chambers, Walcott and Campbell would go if I were king! None of those have the natural flair of Wayward Wilshere. Maybe even 20 goal a season Giroud if that's what it takes to bring in a genuine world class striker* (not sure though who the sacrificial lamb should be between Welbeck, now he has been surprisingly effective post-comeback, and Giroud). Too many players at Arsenal have been amazing talents in the making but now look decidedly ropey. Arsene has not been kingmaker in the last third of his reign.

Top priorities for next season are a left back (No 2), a $hit-hot hard-@rse CB and a genuine world class striker. No more excuses accepted this time around AW on the latter!

*the one who should have been bought last Summer and should have been leading our line all season to the title.

Edited by SantiSuk

So you would lambast Pep if he brought him into Man City then JD.

I wouldn't want any part of him at City and I doubt Pep would. Remember, Pep was the one who got rid of two talented party boys at Barca, Ronaldinho and Deco. Add in Wilshere's injury sheet.