Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

36 minutes ago, transam said:

Education is totally up to the individual to achieve, take in...If you are talking about "I had a first class education because it cost a lot", well I reckon that is not necessarily the case.....

Nice try, Transam, but way off beam. I went to a grammar school which became comprehensive while I was there. Totally free. I then went to Durham University to study joint honours Applied Physics and Chemistry. This was also totally free and the government even covered my subsistence costs. My first class education was a result of first class teachers and lecturers. I am VERY grateful to them. Facilities were also first rate, but these were constructed in the 60s when government actually cared about education, health and housing!

28 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Your education, no. Your pomposity throughout this thread, yes.

Oh dear, another soul who feels inadequate! Just because I am more supercilious than you!?

I recommend that you cut the ad hominem comments and learn from others. I learn things on here all the time ?

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Because I like Scotland and I like the EU. I have property in Edinburgh and a Danish passport is in process. I think an independent Scotland as part of the EU sounds like an excellent idea!

Did you see last weeks Any Questions? All was on display. Just look at the audience. You can spot the Brexiters a mile off. And, BTW, Cox was not demolished, he was the demolition man! 

It's not what you like, it's what the Scots want, and the majority don't want to leave the Union. 

Cox was owned, he was an embarrassment!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Oh dear, another soul who feels inadequate! Just because I am more supercilious than you!?

I recommend that you cut the ad hominem comments and learn from others. I learn things on here all the time ?

Thou doth pontificate too much.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

It's not what you like, it's what the Scots want, and the majority don't want to leave the Union. 

Cox was owned, he was an embarrassment!

The first three pols taken after the EU referendum all saw Scottish independence in the lead, that's turned back around and remain is currently in the lead but it will all depend on the Brexit negotiations, if May's charade carries on much longer there will likely be higher support of Scottish independence.

1 minute ago, transam said:

I have never mentioned my education here, nor if I always fly business class (which some do), only my...singing.gif.5d6b98016356cbcdabdcf17132e18581.gif...ability, which is a known fact...:stoner:

Jean Paul Sartre would have a field day with this.,,

If you die and go to lucifer's domain you have only one choice of room..for eternity..

Room 101-Americans and Trump

The tea room-Brits and Brexit.

No Exit.

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The first three pols taken after the EU referendum all saw Scottish independence in the lead, that's turned back around and remain is currently in the lead but it will all depend on the Brexit negotiations, if May's charade carries on much longer there will likely be higher support of Scottish independence.

The SNP lost a third of its seats, big guns like Salmond and Robertson all lost their seats in the 2017 general election, do you think the Scottish electorate were trying to tell Nicola Sturgeon something? Support for the SNP the would appear to be dwaining, but of course you will disagree with the facts wont you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I have never mentioned my education here, nor if I always fly business class (which some do), only my...singing.gif.5d6b98016356cbcdabdcf17132e18581.gif...ability, which is a known fact...:stoner:

Sometimes posters need to integrate personal experience with other facts in order to make a point, taking those personal experiences in isolation and attacking them is a sign of desperation. Talking about desperation, nah, enough about your singing. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Sad 1

On 28/02/2018 at 7:07 AM, nakhonandy said:

Typical Grauniad claptrap, nothing to do with Brexit. Countries all over Europe have the same issues, not just the UK.

Then again honesty does not fit the left labour agenda, which has always been passionately anti EU, until it was trendy to lable all Brexit voters right wing racists.

I know that I my home town many of the 'so called' homeless people have been offered accommodation but have refused it because it is not suitable i.e. no WiFi connection, cable TV, have to pay for rent and utilities etc..

Typical of the Guardian to run an unbalanced story.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vogie said:

The SNP lost a third of its seats, big guns like Salmond and Robertson all lost their seats in the 2017 general election, do you think the Scottish electorate were trying to tell Nicola Sturgeon something? Support for the SNP the would appear to be dwaining, but of course you will disagree with the facts wont you.

The fact is they won 35 of the 59 seats and so the Scottish electorate must be trying to tell us that they want the SNP, or do you disagree with the electorates choice?

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The fact is they won 35 of the 59 seats and so the Scottish electorate must be trying to tell us that they want the SNP, or do you disagree with the electorates choice?

The SNP lost about forty percent of it's seats at the last general election. So, yes, I think the Scottish electorate is trying to tell us something. Or is this more liberal left doublespeak of the kind that announced Labour as the winners of the last general election because they increased their vote from poor to not bad?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Please reread my post, you might understand it a second time.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

The SNP lost about forty percent of it's seats at the last general election. So, yes, I think the Scottish electorate is trying to tell us something. Or is this more liberal left doublespeak of the kind that announced Labour as the winners of the last general election because they increased their vote from poor to not bad?

No, SNP won the most seats by a long way, if you're looking for a message from the Scottish electorate, then why do you keep referring to only those who changed their minds?  It is a democracy, there is a majority, the people chose SNP.

4 minutes ago, aright said:

At the election  the SNP  lost its Westminster leader, chief whip, foreign affairs spokesman and international trade spokeswoman and 13% of the vote, whereas the Tories doubled their share of the vote. It was a real pyrrhic victory wasn't it.

They did not do well but they are still the most popular choice, is that difficult for you to understand?  Elections are not won by percentages gained or lost, they are won by majorities, and SNP held theirs.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

I understood it the first time, it ignores the majority of the electorates message to Sturgeon, or did you miss that simple fact?

You are not answering my post, my post does fit in with your agenda, so make one up that does, well done.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You are not answering my post, my post does fit in with your agenda, so make one up that does, well done.

Your only question was, "do you think the Scottish electorate were trying to tell Nicola Sturgeon something", which I answered with, "they won 35 of the 59 seats and so the Scottish electorate must be trying to tell us that they want the SNP".

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, SNP won the most seats by a long way, if you're looking for a message from the Scottish electorate, then why do you keep referring to only those who changed their minds?  It is a democracy, there is a majority, the people chose SNP.

If what you say is true why hasn't the "fish out of water" given Scotland the promised referendum? Would it have something to do with  she doesn't think she would win it?I

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aright said:

If what you say is true why hasn't the "fish out of water" given Scotland the promised referendum? Would it have something to do with  she doesn't think she would win it?I

Perhaps they are waiting for May to secure it for them.

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What do they call it when someone feels the need to continually talk about their education? If only I'd studied psychology...

So the poster pens a rebuttal to Transams's jibe about an expensive education and he repeats several times that his education was free, as a consequence you see that as him needing to talk continually about his education. Tell us, what else are you confused about, apart from that point and Brexit!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Putting words in people's mouths again...... old remoaners tend to do that.

Of course someone can change their mind in the analogy I provided. What you have consistently failed to grasp is the majority would not change their minds on their fundamental decision - they would work to correct defects.

"the majority would not change their minds"  - You are perfectly free to think what you like, doesn't make it a fact.

At this point in time the only fact that is of any significance is that there is a plan for the UK to remain in the single market until Dec 2020 and that is not yet cast in stone. It would be extremely narrow minded to think that peoples point of view is not being influenced by the proceedings taking place. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to claim which direction was predominant and only hope it would be in what I consider the right direction.

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

So the poster pens a rebuttal to Transams's jibe about an expensive education and he repeats several times that his education was free, as a consequence you see that as him needing to talk continually about his education. Tell us, what else are you confused about, apart from that point and Brexit!

Have you had a bad day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1