Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

Oh, I see, thanks. Luckily for me, I don't copy and paste, I manage to write my own comments [emoji851][emoji851]  [emoji111]️[emoji111]️

Definitely something wrong with your formatting - I can only see some of your posts using the app but they are visible on web browser.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, aright said:

The UK has made a number of proposals which the EU have rejected out of hand, without compromise. It is clear the EU is weaponising the Irish Border in an attempt to thwart a Brexit Agreement.

The Irish Border has become a political issue in the same way the Upper House is trying to engineer a political crisis over Brexit.

Time to Mogg-Up and leave the table taking the financial settlement with us.

What part of   "after ministers could not agree what approach to take"   do you not understand?

16 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

As a common courtesy to any posters that may be colour blind, would you kindly refrain from highlighting words in red, as they may not be aware of how important they are.

I would also appreciate it if you would refrain from posting links form the (comic)ally named Independent …… many thanks to you (*∆°)

You are obviously unaware that the highlighting is in the quoted text and you are not supposed to alter quoted text, something that many seem to ignore.

Just now, sandyf said:

You are obviously unaware that the highlighting is in the quoted text and you are not supposed to alter quoted text, something that many seem to ignore.

Indeed and the large font  comes I used comes from copying and pasting quoted text  - if you want us to provide evidence that what we say is true, you can't really complain we didn't use our own words in the quote !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Nice, butcher anyone that has a different opinion to your own; physical violence, the last resort of an exhausted mind

He obviously didn't mean it literally as I'm sure you know. His sequence of events however sounds probable, who knows, this is like a cheap American television adventure series, a cliffhanger after every episode. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He obviously didn't mean it literally as I'm sure you know. His sequence of events however sounds probable, who knows, this is like a cheap American television adventure series, a cliffhanger after every episode. 

Sorry, I must have missed it when tebee posted an authorisation for you to speak on his behalf 

9 hours ago, sandyf said:

Well, please make me aware; you only highlighted 3 words in red, ‘Theresa’ ‘May’ and  ‘Brexit’ …. is this the extent of the quoted text that you are not supposed to alter. If you can offer some clarity rather than offering further obfuscation on your reasoning, it would be greatly appreciated.

9 hours ago, tebee said:

I think - and I'm not counting my Brexit chickens before they are hatched but - I think this decision is going to be taken out of the hands of the executive.

Simply stated parliament does not appear to really be willing to "buy into" reviving the dead parrot and pretending there's a snowball's chance in hell the EU - and specifically Dublin - will accept it.

It's not going to fly. The Lords understand that. The Labour party - probably understands that but, lest there be any doubt, come this time July - with the June deadline past - and Brussels and Dublin apoplectic about option C - a full customs union will start to seem like the least humiliating option for HMG and parliament.

We're in full backbench prolefeed mode right now, that part of the process where we pretend to care what the ERG thinks.

We don't. There's a union of 450 million people, 16.8 "fifth column remainers" and a whole lot of parliamentarians who while "respecting" the vote - don't really seem to bothered in "entertaining fantasy".

The UK isn't leaving the customs union - not on the current parliamentary arithmetic.

May is going to wait for Labour to do the dirty work and bemoan the "saboteurs" "betraying Brexit", so long as she can blame someone else - and reasonably keep her job for a while longer.

Will the ERG challenge a Prime Minister who went through the motions of fighting the "good fight" on the customs union ?

To what - elect JRM who will have even less parlimentary support than May ?

Meh - unlikely.

Its only a matter of time until JRM's bluff is called, not that he cares - Brexit is his publicity vehicle - like Bozo and Fartage.

Best thing UK could do is a few Brexiteer decapitations and some heads on spikes @ the Tower.

Recommended by The Torygraph and me!

IMG_2670.PNG

Edited by Grouse

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

IMG_2670.PNG

Is this the same Denis Macshane who was jailed for expenses fraud?

Wasn't he a signatory of the principles of the Henry Jackson Society of whom it was said was full of fruit cake opinions more worthy of ridicule than debate.

• Like 2

Now that the awful, embarrassing UKIP have been eviscerated, I hope we will not hear anything from that clown Farage. The BBC will now not give him air time. No MPs and 2 council members left.

Their "party leader" was on Radio 4. He discribed UKIP as being like the Black Death! No seriously, reckoned they both brought forth change! I preferred the rats ?

9 minutes ago, aright said:

Is this the same Denis Macshane who was jailed for expenses fraud?

Wasn't he a signatory of the principles of the Henry Jackson Society of whom it was said was full of fruit cake opinions more worthy of ridicule than debate.

Yep, same guy! 

Are you arguing against the Telegraph?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_MacShane

He served his time

(on Hi-de-Hi.  "Good Morning Campers!")

Edited by Grouse

44 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Now that the awful, embarrassing UKIP have been eviscerated, I hope we will not hear anything from that clown Farage. The BBC will now not give him air time. No MPs and 2 council members left.

Their "party leader" was on Radio 4. He discribed UKIP as being like the Black Death! No seriously, reckoned they both brought forth change! I preferred the rats ?

Farage isn't in UKIP these days.  He's an MEP.  He's a turkey voting for Christmas!

He has a daily slot on LBC Mon-Fri, and another extended slot on Sundays.  In fact he's one of their most popular hosts. You should have a listen one day.  You might be surprised at how fairly he treats all callers, including those who clearly hate him.

He won't be going anywhere in terms of airtime - unfortunately for you :)

Also I believe it was the UKIP General Secretary who made the black death comment. Either way, a rather dark analogy!

From my POV I think it's a shame we don't have a viable party representing Leave anymore. UKIP had it's faults and black sheep, but at least they pushed for a true Brexit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well, please make me aware; you only highlighted 3 words in red, ‘Theresa’ ‘May’ and  ‘Brexit’ …. is this the extent of the quoted text that you are not supposed to alter. If you can offer some clarity rather than offering further obfuscation on your reasoning, it would be greatly appreciated.

It's perfectly clear what he said. He didn't highlight anything. He copied the text exactly as it was. What is so difficult to understand about that? I don't see how he could have put it more simply and clearly than the way he did. What exactly do you find confusing about this?

"You are obviously unaware that the highlighting is in the quoted text and you are not supposed to alter quoted text, something that many seem to ignore."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

This is entirely off topic and I draw a line under the matter now. ?

Good on you, mate.  Underlining is the way to do emphasis.  None of this ridiculous ‘red’ highlighting for the bafflement of the chromatically-challenged.

Edited by StreetCowboy