Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was recently in the UK and no one was talking about it that I heard. Other than the media, far as I could tell, no one cares.

We all get to know each others' view point when talking face-to-face with those we know well, and quickly realise there's no point in arguing about it.  If they agree with our opinion, of course we'll continue talking with them about it.....

Few are likely to introduce it as a topic of conversation with those we don't know well - and if doing so the comment receives a luke-warm response, will refrain from further comment on the topic.

Plus, it's hardly going to be a topic of conversation for those seeing a much-loved friend or family member infrequently!

But you have a point, and I will ask a good friend (via email :sad:) her opinion as to whether it's a non-issue nowadays.  Even then, her answer will depend on whether it's still an issue because a) she talks about it frequently with similar minded friends B) it's constantly in the media.

In short, impossible to know unless one still lives in the uk.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why have you listed all these things as though they have anything to do with Brexit?

The Windrush scandal – came out recently, but goes back years

The breast screening scandal – Problem dates back to 2009, but only discovered this week

The foreign student deportation scandal – clutching at straws with this one – Started back in 2014 and 80% of deportations were valid

The intepreter scandal – Please share with us this Brexit related story – I can’t find it anywhere

The East Anglian mental health murder scandal – huh?

The local election ID scandal – and this links to Brexit how?

Show me where I said they were related to brexit. This is what I said

"Appears fairly obvious that brexit has let ministers take their eye off the ball."

I will spell it out for you, ministers are so caught up in the brexit saga that they are failing to give other issues their full attention. Had they done so, less people would have had to suffer from ill thought out and flawed government bureaucracy.

Theresa May is the common denominator.

It would appear  that you have also taken your finger off the pulse.

"They wrote to the home secretary this week saying they had been left in “limbo” and had been let down by the Home Office’s “shameful” rules. Each has been told they need to pay £2,389 if they wish to be granted the indefinite right to remain in the UK.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-army-afghan-interpreters-uk-stay-defence-secretary-gavin-williamson-a8335081.html?S2ref=1532332

"Palmer’s mother said: “He was told by the case worker: ‘look, you’re 24 and living at home - move out, get a job, get a life’. That was their answer to his mental health issues, even though I was going: ‘by the way, he has a selection of knives’.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/parents-of-east-harling-murderer-alexander-palmer-claim-they-warned-mental-health-workers-1-5502733

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"I wonder if the Germans had successfully invaded the U.K in the 40’s, if these  types of people would have formed a Vichy U.K."

I generally agree with your posts, but this is more than a bit unfair.  Too many ordinary people from all 'persuasions' became part of the nazi regime :sad:.

But I agree that the poster that talked about brexiteers' heads been put on spikes, exemplifies why so many of us are horrified by the remainer response to losing the referendum.

I don't think anyone needs reminding, do they, that the only blood spilt so far has been that of a Remainer MP at the hands of an ultra right wing Brexiteer.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Oh my word, I really never thought that anyone would stoop so low as to use the terrible, senseless murder of this wonderful woman to make a cheap-shot comment on a forum like this …. disgraceful, as is anyone that posts a ‘like’ to your sick comment; I hope you're feeling real proud of yourself

Proud? Not at all because there is nothing to feel proud about, but nor do I feel chastised by your faux outrage, which you seem to have in bucketfuls, if your very recent contributions to this thread are anything to go by.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Oh, that old chestnut, make a crass, tasteless comment and then if somebody criticises it, claim they are displaying “faux outrage” …. people can read your comment and make their own judgment

Indeed they can - and the more rational of them might even be able to put my comments in context. You might want to go back to the earlier Brexit threads and read how some of your fellow Brexiteers responded to the murder of Jo Cox, repeatedly denying any connection with the rampant racism of UKIP and the Brexit campaign, desperately spinning the line that this was a completely isolated incident by a mentally deranged individual acting without external stimulai.

And now people take a metaphor such as 'heads on a spike' and try to paint it as an example of remainer hostility and barbarism? That is the shameless response you should be outraged at.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Rampant racism..I do not think so..Patriotism is a far more correct word to use..by the way r/r..try some of the comments of your knuckle dragging snp loonies re racism!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yesterday, ss many as 90,000 independence supporters marched through Glasgow to show their solidarity and support for a better Scotland. The procession was led by 2 Sikhs, a couple of Polish guys, an Iranian and an Englishman playing the bagpipes.

They were met with a very small but enthusiastic group of UK supporters, several of whom were, apparently, later arrested for spitting on the marchers (I am not sure if the rotund one was arrested for making a nazi salute. I am not even sure if that is a crime in the UK. Is it?).

Personally, I am saddened that such people in the second photo live in my country. I thought we were a massively better people than that.

But why don't you tell me all about this SNP racism of yours?

Scots for Independence.jpg

UK Patriots.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nauseus said:

SInce there was only one tragic incident like this, leavers are obviously not all "ultra right wing".

If you don't think anyone needs reminding, why did you remind us?

Of course not all leavers are ultra right wing -  what a rather unecessary comment. But my raising it again was, I would have thought, very obvious.

Certain posters have, in the past week or so, taken out of context common turns of phrase by remainers to suggest that, amongst remainers, there was only veneer of tolerance atop a hostile and aggressive core. I don't think anyone needed reminded of the incident, but many on this topic show extreme difficulty in joining the dots.

Try asking the management if Barrhead Travel who were brave enough to put their head above the parapet before the indy ref..the abuse that fine company took was inexcusable..intimidation..protests outside their various business units..dummys like john mason msp screaming all sorts at the company..and of course all the brave internet retards who also poured horrible abuse at at the company.

• Thanks 1

Just now, malagateddy said:

Try asking the management if Barrhead Travel who were brave enough to put their head above the parapet before the indy ref..the abuse that fine company took was inexcusable..intimidation..protests outside their various business units..dummys like john mason msp screaming all sorts at the company..and of course all the brave internet retards who also poured horrible abuse at at the company.

You said racism, not squabbling between scots. I assume you understand the meaning of racism - so please don't obfuscate.

I showed you clear examples of indy inclusion juxtaposed with British Nationalist thugs making nazi salutes in broad daylight.

If you talk about racism, I think it is clear - my side has none of that and your side is absolutely saturated in it.

20 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Of course not all leavers are ultra right wing -  what a rather unecessary comment. But my raising it again was, I would have thought, very obvious.

Certain posters have, in the past week or so, taken out of context common turns of phrase by remainers to suggest that, amongst remainers, there was only veneer of tolerance atop a hostile and aggressive core. I don't think anyone needed reminded of the incident, but many on this topic show extreme difficulty in joining the dots.

Oh. Next time I'll try and find the puzzle page then. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Anyone know why India still has the ultimate prejudice against its own people the untouchables, i cant figure it as they all look the same, yet in Europe they dont like it.?

Don't tell them they all look the same. You would upset the higher castes.

• Haha 1

Just now, nauseus said:

All is clear and obvious .....to your mind of narrow bandwidth.

One of the requests I have made most often whenever this issue comes up is for evidence of a problem. I have been given several examples of isolated incidents that, while regrettable, were in no way connected to the greater mass of independence supporters. I show plenty proof of Unionism and its links to racism, sectrainism and bigotry and all I recieve in reply is the suggestion that it is all in my head.

Please, for the love of god, help me out here! Show me the evidence!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

One of the requests I have made most often whenever this issue comes up is for evidence of a problem. I have been given several examples of isolated incidents that, while regrettable, were in no way connected to the greater mass of independence supporters. I show plenty proof of Unionism and its links to racism, sectrainism and bigotry and all I recieve in reply is the suggestion that it is all in my head.

Please, for the love of god, help me out here! Show me the evidence!

Whatever "proof" you may have shown seems to satisfy only yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Anyone know why India still has the ultimate prejudice against its own people the untouchables, i cant figure it as they all look the same, yet in Europe they dont like it.?

About 20 years ago I toured across Rajasthan in the back of an old Hindustan Ambassador. It was driven by a surly Indian guy who only really got animated and excited when talking about Gandhi. His English was pretty good so we talked about him quite extensively, but whenever I raised the question of the caste system, and why, if Indians revered Gandhi so much, and if Gandhi hated the system so much, Indians still perpetuated the system, he looked at me with a mix of bewilderment and pity, as if he couldn't quite understand how I would even countenance such a question. I never got a decent answer, I am afraid.

I can understand why the Brahmins like it - they are at the top of the pile. But the dilits, destined to remain at the bottom? Maybe stockholm syndrome?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Whatever "proof" you may have shown seems to satisfy only yourself. 

OK, I guess that you are following the usual Tory mantra - hurl mud without an ounce of substance to back it up, then just keep hurling it, all the while refusing to substantiate it or listen to reason?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

OK, I guess that you are following the usual Tory mantra - hurl mud without an ounce of substance to back it up, then just keep hurling it, all the while refusing to substantiate it or listen to reason?

I can't see anything that you have managed to substantiate. Only sensationalize.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I can't see anything that you have managed to substantiate. Only sensationalize.

I am not sure how I can be clearer. Malaga Teddy said that the SNP was filled with racists. I showed him photos from yesterday's march which clearly showed how wrong his understanding is, and that the racists were, indeed, those waving the Union Jack. If that is not clear for you then I think it is beyond my ability to break it down for you any further.

• Like 1