Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Lets just say Flustered went out with all guns blazing. 

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

At feet.

Bit like Brexit then?

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

There can be no doubt (?) that the majority of the 'establishment' ("a lot of rich people") prefer to remain within the eu - but I agree, they "have no regard whatsoever for the common man, use them as fodder to further their own grandiose intentions".

Despite their best attempts to frighten the 'common man' into voting remain - they failed, as the 'common man' could see what was happening in their own lives, and no longer believed them.

To be honest, I think that the leaders of both sides are putting their own self interests first.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Wrong once again.

Belgium LOST the Congo after a 5 year civil war.

The UK GAVE India back.

A vast difference.

Are you sure you are Belgian? Most of the Belgians I met were snart and intelligent.

Oh, too much irony for one morning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vogie said:

No you didn't dream it, you are thinking of another poster, (Flustered) the one that got himself banned, I was REME, arte et marte not certa cito. 

We had our own flag at 'the wedding'

FB_IMG_1526794956130.jpg

Rough

Engineering 

Made

Easy

??:sorry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Wrong once again.

The UK GAVE India back.

A vast difference.

Are you sure you are Belgian? Most of the Belgians I met were snart and intelligent.

Gave it back just in time, under some duress, Churchill was not happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Time to put WW1 to bed, it is not Brexit related, although it was a helpful little exercise in just how little some people appear to know, or understand.

About 10pages back, I said that the probable next Italian Government had learnt a lot from the Brexit non--negotiations, and were adopting Policies that were putting them on a direct collision course with the EU. Despite dropping some contentious parts and Anti EU rhetoric , they were simply looking at another method of skinning a cat.

What I did not know at that time, was that their Policies were being put to the Italian electorate for approval or disapproval in an informal ballot

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-politics-ballot/italians-back-league-5-star-plan-as-groups-ready-government-team-idUSKCN1IL07X?il=0

Another colossal headache for the EU coming up. Can they really try and deny the Italian Government and the Italian people what they have voted and elected Politicians to do ? Despite these policies being against everything that the EU stands for. 

Don't give in and the backlash from Italy will be severe, give in and the backlash from elsewhere in the EU will be severe.

Will the EU take on board any lessons from Brexit, or will the mantra continue. More EU, more EU, more EU and throw us more money in the process will fix everything.

Thank you for the article

I note that about 0.5% of the population contributed to their polls.

We already know that the president will not accept a nominee from either party as prime minister. So it will be a technocrat of some flavour

In short Versailles (WW1) led directly to WW2 which led ultimately to the EU. The history is indeed relevant 

I do see further difficult time for the EU and particularly the Euro

Is your interest the future wellbeing of the Italian People? The collapse of the EU? Assisting Brexit? Or the general good? ?

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Rough

Engineering 

Made

Easy

??:sorry:

Don't be sorry, the REME were very good at taking the mickey out of ourselves, our colours were blue, red and yellow, blue for the seas we never crossed, red for the blood we never spilt and yellow for the reason why. ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Don't be sorry, the REME were very good at taking the mickey out of ourselves, our colours were blue, red and yellow, blue for the seas we never crossed, red for the blood we never spilt and yellow for the reason why. ??

I was a Crabfat meself. We used to put the orficers into aluminium tubes and send THEM off to do the fighting while we groundcrews sat in the crew room drinking tea waiting for them to return.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Is your interest the future wellbeing of the Italian People? The collapse of the EU? Assisting Brexit? Or the general good?

For anyone capable of differentiating between the EU Institutions and Individual Countries of the EU, the answer should be fairly obvious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Trans senior was a REME WO1(RSM).....

wo1.jpg.96de9bbc7dfdcd20912dd3ad3ab82b22.jpgwo2.jpg.5b5436ddd7ff486c1b9f404041712fb4.jpg

Though he did not like the boat trip to Egypt....?

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

When a government is in power what they said before the election and what they do afterwards are two different things, when in power reality hits, that isn't to say that the present situation is a comfortable one for Brussels, this is worse than brexit.

We might well find that the League / 5 Star coalition blows that theory to bits.

The Italian situation is, of course, different; these populist parties did not change their policies for campaigning purposes, the very contrary is true. They did not go to the people saying they would change their aspirations for a future Italy, the people came to them, and said, yes, we like what you have been telling us, this is what we want.

So, they have no reason to renege on their campaign policies because they have proved to be very successful. If anything, buoyed by their success, they are more likely to do more than they promised, rather than less.

We shall have to wait and see, but this was no ordinary election result, they want radical change and it has proved very popular with the electorate, we might well see talk of leaving the Euro and the cancellation of their €250 billion debt resurface before very long; whatever happens, it is a far bigger problem than Brexit for the EU

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Wrong once again.

The UK GAVE India back.

A vast difference.

The British used to have a sense of humour.

Or maybe "giving back India" is a subtle form of it?

And am I Belgian? Had I been born 30 km to the north I would be Dutch, 50 km east German, 100 km south Luxemburger, 120 km south French.

And I hate to think what I would be if born more to the west.

This is a strong antidote against insular feelings and nationalism.

PS. I think you may need to google "km".

15 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

The British used to have a sense of humour.

Or maybe "giving back India" is a subtle form of it?

And am I Belgian? Had I been born 30 km to the north I would be Dutch, 50 km east German, 100 km south Luxemburger, 120 km south French.

And I hate to think what I would be if born more to the west.

This is a strong antidote against insular feelings and nationalism.

PS. I think you may need to google "km".

So you are not a Brit....?

Sorry but I think in Miles....?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

we might well see talk of leaving the Euro and the cancellation of their €250 billion debt resurface before very long; whatever happens, it is a far bigger problem than Brexit for the EU

I do not believe we will see any talk of leaving the € or leaving the EU.

After watching Brexit Non negotiations. Simply implement their Policies, let the EU go crazy, then simply go to the people, the EU will not allow us to implement what we were voted into Power to do, you tell us what you want us to do.

It is pointless trying to negotiate with a brick a wall,, act and let the people decide.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

For anyone capable of differentiating between the EU Institutions and Individual Countries of the EU, the answer should be fairly obvious.

You speak in riddles

Let's simplify it

You clearly favour Brexit

You probably don't give a damn about the Italians?

So we can forget "the general good"

I am left with the conclusion that you would like to see the collapse of the EU together with its institutions and the Euro

You brought up the Italian situation out of pure schadenfreude.

Do you not understand that whereas you wish to leave, millions of others across Europe want it to succeed?

I agree that the EU has many faults but, in general, it is a "good thing"

Personally, I think that the Italians will sober up. Increasing pensions, retiring earlier, massive investment and free Barolo for all won't work. 

What is it with the Latin countries?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

From your reply you don't seem to know where you are from.

Add that to the fact that you seem to have no sense of history and the best I can come up with is that you are from LaLa land.

I work in km, metres and millimetres, tonnes, kg and grams, miles, yards, feet and inches, furlongs and chains,gallons and litres, tons, stones, pounds and ounces. pounds, shillings and pence. I have however given up on the rod, pole and perch.

I also have both analogue and digital clocks in my house.

Were those clocks given to you during WW1?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Crikey looks like a lot of Chang has flowed through these threads overnight. One of the  greatest political triumphs of my sallow 57 years is peace in Northern Ireland. A result that during the 70s , 80s and 90s I never thought I would live to see. Tragic to see Brexit chipping away at the foundations of the Good Friday Agreement and the Brexit wreckers treating any concerns over this as pettifogging irrelevances or  Irish/EU perfidy. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/21/support-for-brexit-falls-sharply-in-northern-ireland

my mums from belfast. we used to live in clooney base in derry. but spent most of our time in north queen street. used to throw stones at the soldiers, my dad was one 555. nothing peaceful about the place. 

13 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

my mums from belfast. we used to live in clooney base in derry. but spent most of our time in north queen street. used to throw stones at the soldiers, my dad was one 555. nothing peaceful about the place. 

Compared to those decades it is - at least there's no bombings shootings on an epic scale. Have even been on the open top tour bus of Falls Road / Shankhill - can't imagine doing that and living as a Brit back in the day !