Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

45 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Or just cancel VAT as it is an EU tax and the UK will no longer be part of the EU and will have no reason to charge VAT.

Keep trying, you are currently failing miserably.

Ah, brexiers, as always simple solutions.

And how do you propose to replace the 120 billion pound revenue the treasury get from it ?  Or shall we just abolish the NHS and the old age pension?  

I wonder if Boris was sent so far out of the way deliberately - interesting that he has failed to mention that we already have a free trade deal with Peru, at least while we remain in the EU, and that he seems to be under the impression that the stumbling block with Argentina is a problem they have with France.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

30 minutes ago, Orac said:

I wonder if Boris was sent so far out of the way deliberately - interesting that he has failed to mention that we already have a free trade deal with Peru, at least while we remain in the EU, and that he seems to be under the impression that the stumbling block with Argentina is a problem they have with France.

To be taken as read that anything served to the public differs significantly to the detail behind closed doors yet confirms they're getting on with it. 

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Or just cancel VAT as it is an EU tax and the UK will no longer be part of the EU and will have no reason to charge VAT.

Keep trying, you are currently failing miserably.

Huh

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Soros is interested in making money. Long term or short term.

Don't be fooled into thinking his efforts to derail Brexit are for any other reason.

I don't necessarily  disagree with you. What I am saying is that, if it is the case, it shows it has changed its focus from wild speculative operations (such as in 1992) to more standard and more long term investment. Otherwise he would jump at this new occasion to conduct more aggressive speculative operations.

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The tone of most of your comments seems to suggest there is no way of leaving the EU. Like we are trapped in the EU forever, no matter how it evolves.

Are you comfortable with that?  I'm certainly not.

I'll be honest, as you may have guessed, I don't want us to leave.

But what is really worrying me  at me moment is we are due to leave in 9 months, we are nowhere near sorting out any sort of post-exit deal and we are totally unprepared for the no deal situation.

I'm not sure if the government is just chronically  incompetent or whether there is a secret plan to call the whole thing off at the last moment and they are too worried about losing face to admit it now.

5 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Brexit HAS NOT created chaos....Our incompetent government has.

A class of 5 year olds could do a better job.

Are you sure Boss ?

I thought it was the dirty, underhand tricks thrown about like rice at a Chinese wedding in an attempt to thwart Brexit that caused the chaos.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Grouse said:

https://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/house-of-commons-faqs/business-faq-page/recess-dates/

How about the holidays our MPs get! So little time, so many holidays. How about working continuously to get a good result? 18 weeks off is rather too generous I think. 

I don't think the 18 weeks is a holiday its time in their constituencies.

If you can believe this I don't think their holidays are excessive

John McEwan ABTA Chairman said: “Our first ABTA Parliamentary Holiday survey clearly shows that a summer break and other holidays throughout the year, are as important for our political representatives as for the rest of us. ABTA is calling on Government to recognise this importance and cancel the planned drastic increase in Air Passenger Duty this November which will see a family of four paying £360 in tax for a flight to Florida at a time when family budgets are already under severe pressure”

When asked how many holidays they would be taking this year, MPs and Peers replied; take no holiday: MPs 13% Peers 0%; take only one holiday: MPs 30% Peers 9%; take two holidays: MPs 50% Peers 41%; take three or more holidays: MPs 7% Peers 50%.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aright said:

I don't think the 18 weeks is a holiday its time in their constituencies.

If you can believe this I don't think their holidays are excessive

John McEwan ABTA Chairman said: “Our first ABTA Parliamentary Holiday survey clearly shows that a summer break and other holidays throughout the year, are as important for our political representatives as for the rest of us. ABTA is calling on Government to recognise this importance and cancel the planned drastic increase in Air Passenger Duty this November which will see a family of four paying £360 in tax for a flight to Florida at a time when family budgets are already under severe pressure”

When asked how many holidays they would be taking this year, MPs and Peers replied; take no holiday: MPs 13% Peers 0%; take only one holiday: MPs 30% Peers 9%; take two holidays: MPs 50% Peers 41%; take three or more holidays: MPs 7% Peers 50%.

Ok, I was bored!

How bout this?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/30/brexit-uk-may-get-poorer-access-than-israel-to-eu-science-scheme

?

As I have said before..the UK should state quite clearly that it is quite prepared to walk away with no deal then watch many of the eu member countries turn on brussels like a crazed pack of feral animals
Imo..the remoaners are men of straw or they stand to lose a lot of money when the UK breaks away from the eu.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app