Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

52 minutes ago, tebee said:

How To Lose Friends & Influence Nothing ( Or, Brexit).

tebee, I hope that this topic, and consequently this thread, are not becoming an obsession with you; even when you have nothing to say, you are still posting comments

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Spanish PM has just been toppled.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44327573

As for the bloke claiming to be ashamed to be British, I give you this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-44317170

'Lest we forget'

I’m not sure who ‘the bloke claiming to be ashamed of being British’ is, but a long life selling poppies - hats off to that example of service in a good cause.

[Edit] And I certainly support corrupt and failing PMs being forced from office.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure who ‘the bloke claiming to be ashamed of being British’ is, but a long life selling poppies - hats off to that example of service in a good cause.

[Edit] And I certainly support corrupt and failing PMs being forced from office.

I think it was on the Tommy Robinson thread so a slightly different context.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

So because it's complex we should never leave the EU, no matter how bad it gets?

To me that rings alarm bells, and says we should leave ASAP before it gets even more difficult to leave.

No, but we certainly shouldn't have charged into it without thinking like we did, because now, nobody knows what to do .

28 minutes ago, tebee said:

No, but we certainly shouldn't have charged into it without thinking like we did, because now, nobody knows what to do .

Thinking is for nanny-pambies.  We know what we want, and it’s quite clear; Brexit.  No more European bureaucrats, no more foreign workers, no more borderless trade, no more visaless travel, Alf Garnett on TV, no control or influence on international standards, unequal treaties with the Chinese and an embarrassing reliance on the indulgence of an orange buffoon.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Most leave voters had lots of time to think and all they were waiting for was an opportunity.

A government not led by a remainer would know what to do.

I am surprised that you elected one.

10 hours ago, tebee said:

Anyone who is older than a millennial never charged into anything.

Remainers do not know what to do, because they never thought for a second that the vote would be leave. In addition, it is not really a case of not knowing what to do, it is more a case of a Remainer, the UK PM still trying desperately to keep the UK joined at the hip to the EU.

With all the Trade wars currently escalating around the world, what's not to like about trading under WTO rules ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tebee said:

“We’re too great to accept a dilution of sovereignty that is fine for the Dutch & Poles”

You have enclosed this in quotation marks, but fail to name the source of the quote; so can you tell me who said this please ...... thanks 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You have enclosed this in quotation marks, but fail to name the source of the quote; so can you tell me who said this please ...... thanks 

It a "scare" quote - a technique used to convey that the words within them contain things with which the author may not agree - as itdeed are the other "quotes" in that post which for some reason you don't queary .

See  https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/12/the-scare-quote-2016-in-a-punctuation-mark/511319/

11 minutes ago, tebee said:

It a "scare" quote - a technique used to convey that the words within them contain things with which the author may not agree - as itdeed are the other "quotes" in that post which for some reason you don't queary .

See  https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/12/the-scare-quote-2016-in-a-punctuation-mark/511319/

Okay, thanks. So, you just made it up and disguised it as a quotation, to add emphasis. I see, a cunning stunt indeed.

I must admit it did scare me, as did itdeed and queary, but I’m easily scared these days

OK, in my professional life I used to be a computer programer,so I'm used to thinking and deducting logically. Forgive me if I say I can't quite get my head round some of the leavers thinking as I can't find the logic in it. To try and help me getter a better understanding of the leaver mindset can I ask the leavers on here a few questions?

Firstly - do you consider the vote was to leave the EU completely and absolutely - no future CU or FTA, trade on WTO  only - even if that option does major damage to our economy, peoples jobs and peoples lives ?