Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

tebee

Just to allay your fears the UK is doing nothing.

Northern Ireland’s police will not sell three disused stations along the Irish border as previously planned, a precautionary Brexit measure taken just days after asking for more officers to help secure the frontier.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-nireland/northern-irish-police-to-retain-disused-stations-as-brexit-precaution-idUSKCN1IZ0WB?il=0

Of course it is being reported as purely a precautionary measure. It would be utterly crazy to think that they might have been sent a memo telling them to get ready for a no deal Brexit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Ain't it a mystery to those that are blind or just refuse to see.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/03/anti-immigrant-party-tipped-victory-divisive-slovenian-election/

Just why are these right - wing, anti immigration,  ( populist, fascist, odd bunches and loads of other labels ) being elected all over the place ?

What could be the common denominator ?

The global economy, just like the previous times we have seen rises in fascism in Europe.

48 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Ain't it a mystery to those that are blind or just refuse to see.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/03/anti-immigrant-party-tipped-victory-divisive-slovenian-election/

Just why are these right - wing, anti immigration,  ( populist, fascist, odd bunches and loads of other labels ) being elected all over the place ?

What could be the common denominator ?

The playground has been too quiet, it's time for a bust up, it's what humans do.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Slashing corporation tax and red tape while luring in voters with some populist policies doesn't sound very left wing to me, it sounds like Mussolini's fascism all over again.

Are you sure that it is Five Star and not The League that wants to cut taxes?

41 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Difficult to separate them now Grouse; they are a coalition Government, and are therefore agreeing policies jointly, even if that means some behind closed door scuffles, which I'm sure it does

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You expect me to conduct research into an alleged disparity in care between native born and immigrant NHS staff?  I don't actually have the means to do that!  All I can do is read news reports and figures the NHS release.

What you have posted is someone who thought they knew better than the nurse, insisted on seeing a doctor, and blamed the nurses hesitance on their English ability. 

If it has been a problem for years it really should be easy for you to find some evidence, but you can't, can you?  So I have to disregard all that you have said, you claim it has vanished because it was the truth, that is the lamest excuse I have heard in a long while.

I'll track it down eventually. But I suspect you are in Denial about issues such as immigration and other issues.

• Like 1

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

The naysayers started off by labelling the rise of such political parties as ‘populism’ as if it undermined them and was an insult. They then realised exactly what populism meant, ie: more popular with the electorate, rather than less popular; so, the next logical step for them is to label them ‘fascists’  ….. no doubt, neo-nazi’s will be next. However, if vowing to rid the country of the enormous economic and social burden of 500,000 ‘illegal’ immigrants is fascism, the Italian electorate don't seem to care much, and quite frankly neither do I.

The common denominator is there for all to see, even if some wish to retain their virtuosity by denying it, or giving it the simplification of calling it racism 

AJP Taylor, noted historian warned about the European Union and is referenced in this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5797349/PETER-OBORNE-chilling-perils-EUs-latest-bid-kill-democracy.html

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

Slovenia is quite a rich little Country, so that probably rules out the Global economy.

It is quite rich, but the UK is richer and we have also seen a rise in far right since the global financial crisis, so it obviously doesn't rule it out.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

A reduction in corporate taxes from the current sliding scale from 23% to 65% down to a flat rate of 15% is part of 5-star's 20 point plan.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

A reduction in corporate taxes from the current sliding scale from 23% to 65% down to a flat rate of 15% is part of 5-star's 20 point plan.

I stand corrected! 

These people are even more balmy than I thought!

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I stand corrected! 

These people are even more balmy than I thought!

They are similar to UKIP, they change their policies more often than their underpants, no one knows what they really want, apart from the massive tax cuts for the richest.

• Haha 1

Populism is a euphemism for what the thickos think [emoji846].

Real life is rather more complex. That is why we have representative democracy as a filter.

Free beer for all I say!
Grouse..watch your language..people like myself..BREXITEERS are anything but "thick".
Just please remember and visit Govanhill in Glasgow whilst on your travels.
You may well "change your tune" re Brexit.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Grouse..watch your language..people like myself..BREXITEERS are anything but "thick".

I was talking about populism. You reckon Brexiters are thickos? Well I never!

I will post a picture from Govenhill!

15 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Would the aim be to reflect on how Govanhill was before Glasgow received the single biggest allocation of NCPI community funding approved by the EEC?

Would the aim be to reflect on how Govanhill was before Glasgow received the single biggest allocation of NCPI community funding approved by the EEC?
No..the aim is to show Grouse that Govanhill has went from being an ok neighbourhood to a disgraceful slum clearance area due to the influx of very much undesirable immigrants..particularly from certain eu countries.

13 minutes ago, The manic said:

UKIP's main policy was achieved regarding Brexit and it won 6 million votes in recent national elections. It has changed the narrative and forced dialogue on that which the facist left, radical feminists, etc tried to suppress. 

Wow!  UKIP has six million voters...... how many MP's do they have in the House of Commons?

A larger populist presence in the next European parliament is a growing concern in Brussels and other key EU capitals. It could deny the mainstream right and left parties control over the chamber and complicate plans to choose replacements for the biggest EU jobs becoming vacant in 2019 

https://www.politico.eu/article/populist-plan-for-2019-election-puts-eu-in-cross-hairs/

All these populists and a certain Turkey thinks that they are all '' Thicko's ''

I think that comes under delusional. ( Everybody is wrong or thick, I am correct )

That will clash nicely with the 2020 - 2027 EU Budget negotiations.

Juncker must be downing Cognac like there is no tomorrow 

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 2

Ignore.

Full attack & insult mode has been launched. Only has one meaning, even their safe spaces are not enough to keep them safe from the disaster area the EU is fast becoming.
Not too long now till its WTR..then we can watch the ferrets jump out the sack and savage the brussels jobsworths[emoji6]

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

No..the aim is to show Grouse that Govanhill has went from being an ok neighbourhood to a disgraceful slum clearance area due to the influx of very much undesirable immigrants..particularly from certain eu countries.

It used to the Irish they complained about in Govanhill, then the Pakistanis, now its the Roma, its really nothing new.

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Not too long now till its WTR..then we can watch the ferrets jump out the sack and savage the brussels jobsworthsemoji6.png

https://howmanydaystill.com/its/brexit-6

Northern Ireland’s police will not sell three disused stations along the Irish border as previously planned, a precautionary Brexit measure taken just days after asking for more officers to help secure the frontier.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-nireland/northern-irish-police-to-retain-disused-stations-as-brexit-precaution-idUSKCN1IZ0WB?il=0

Smell the fear.

• Like 1