Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

32 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

As they are 6 of the top 10 of Europe's poorest Countries, can you explain why they will increase the domestic market ?

Unless of course, you mean flood them with other Countries money, let Capitalism flourish and turn them into debt slaves.

https://tradingeconomics.com/poland/gdp-per-capita

Take Poland as an example. I think their economy has expanded significantly as a direct result of being members of the EU

15 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

As I Said, hypocrisy personified, old bean. However, it’s a shame that among your intellectually superior remain buddies, you do not have a French language speaker. Then you wouldn’t have to rely on a mere Brexiteer like myself to correct your French, in the helpful way that I did.

As I recall, I did indeed thank you for correcting my lamentable French.

Now kindly stop the childish posts or face another complaint

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

tebee

The terms of the Referendum were known before the Referendum took place.

The only term that was fixed was

You cannot cry after the event that only X% voted or it was only decided by 52% - 48%.

Read this, and then come back and tell me that the vote was not decisive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum,_2016

It is physically impossible that ALL these UK Regions, Major Cities and Local Regions:

1. Did not know what they were voting for.

2. Are all Racist, Right Wing, Xenophobic Tories or UKippers

3. Are all uneducated or have sub standard education.

The government stated in parliament that a supermajority was not needed because the referendum  was only advisory.

You seem to think we can change the British constitution by sending out a leaflet - your opinion of British Democracy seems very poor then. 

I'm not saying any of those challenges are valid - though they may be - I'm saying that a supermajority would have avoided them and we would not be in the turmoil we are now. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

There is a Remain Demo on Saturday.

It will be interesting to see how these highly educated remainers conduct themselves ??

You are still very confused about statistics aren't you? I have stated that people with tertiary education tended to vote remain. I did not say that all remainers were necessarily highly educated. What on earth is your profession?

59 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Correct

This gives a far more in depth analysis than the 52 - 48 mantra and a whole different picture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum,_2016

Which breaks it down by UK Regions, Major Cities and finally Local Regions.

Thank you for that interesting link and breakdown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Don't forget that nannies can come along too.

Perhaps not ??

You have to feel for some people. For them, Brexit is an utter disaster. They moan about those ignorant working class people who voted to leave the EU last year. Those people living in the wastelands of the North and the Midlands are not educated; they don't understand the nuances; they don't understand the consequences. How could they? They are not as cultured as we are. They don't have second homes in France - they can't even speak French. We drink wine from some of the finest vineyards in the world - they drink strong lager. It really says it all. 

Now the Remoaners have something else to moan about: a lack of au pairs. 

http://www.tfa.net/brexit_blues_for_some_remainers_who_can_t_get_au_pairs

???

Who does that sound like ??

Edited by The Renegade
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Changing the Constitution 

???

It was Referendum on leaving the EU

The only laid down stipulation was

No amount of Red herrings, straw clutching or feet stamping is going to change that.

You may not have realized it old bean, but Britain has always( for values of always < 400 or so years)  been a parliamentary democracy. If the referendum is to be binding on that parliament , that means we have changed our constitution to a direct democracy model  - I think we should have discussed this first ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Far greater minds than yours have challenged the government and failed. The majority of the people accepted the referendum as legal.

The referendum might be legal, but it is not, and can not be, binding.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Soros..massive financial concerns threw money at the remain camp..as we forum chat right now..soros us at it again.
What right has a hungarian/american billionaire got to stick his nose into British affairs.
Oh I forgot..his new world order..kalergi plan??

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Unlike the ‘Leave Campain’ the Remain campaign was not found by the Electoral Comission to have committed multiple breaches of election law lawmakers, to have over spent or falsely accounted its spending.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/journalist/electoral-commission-media-centre/news-releases-donations/leave.eu-fined-for-multiple-breaches-of-electoral-law-following-investigation

Unlike the head of the Leave campaign, the head of the Remain campaign has not been referred to the police for breaches of electoral law.

https://www.ft.com/content/a3b72900-54e2-11e8-b24e-cad6aa67e23e

• Confused 2

42 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

YOU were the one that brought up:-

"I don't think remain people do placards and posters. A little too populist don't you think."!

I pointed out that this was obviously untrue, and so you're back to the remain vote was due to 'the uneducated'.... , with no consideration as to the entirely different lives lead by the wealthy compared to the poor!  Which IMO, is far more of a factor when it came to the referendum vote.

I’m sure there are more important Brexit issues than who does or does not do placards.

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I was on tour of the UK in the weeks leading up to the vote and from what I saw, felt and heard it was not a surprise to me that the result turned out as it did, nor am I convinced that was all done on age grounds, plenty of young people voted to leave as well.

I was on a major tour of the Soi Buakaow region leading up to the vote and the usual bunch of loud-mouthed racists were lining up to support Leave so I have to say that doom was already baked into the cake.

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

tebee

The terms of the Referendum were known before the Referendum took place.

The only term that was fixed was

You cannot cry after the event that only X% voted or it was only decided by 52% - 48%.

Read this, and then come back and tell me that the vote was not decisive

It is physically impossible that ALL these UK Regions, Major Cities and Local Regions:

1. Did not know what they were voting for.

2. Are all Racist, Right Wing, Xenophobic Tories or UKippers

3. Are all uneducated or have sub standard education.

You cannot make any claim that the referendum suspends the democratic process.

Farage Understood this when he said:

“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

The UK is a democracy, your support for the longstanding British democratic process is very welcome.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

35 minutes ago, tebee said:

You may not have realized it old bean, but Britain has always( for values of always < 400 or so years)  been a parliamentary democracy. If the referendum is to be binding on that parliament , that means we have changed our constitution to a direct democracy model  - I think we should have discussed this first ?

???

Sheer brilliance again tebee

The Referendum was held.

A Court case ensued brought about by a remainer.

As a result of that Court case. In January 2017 a Parliamentary vote was held and by a majority of 4-1, Parliament accepted the result of the Referendum and voted to trigger Article 50.

Any argument you have on the terms of the Referendum are now null and void.

Any argument you have on the actual Referendum are now null and void.

The only argument that you may have is with the Parliamentary vote of January 2017 to trigger Article 50. Go ahead, something tells me you will not get very far with any argument.

The UK does not have a codified Constitution, so I agree, the UK should be having a discussion on having a full, written Constitution.

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 1