Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Double fail.

Perhaps you’ve been used to simple forms of English and struggle with the more complex to the point you believe it archaic.

Following your repeated attempts to bait me over my use of English your struggle with a perfectly constructed sentence is a bit of a hoot.

Would that English were not so complicated.

You might not struggle so.

OK Champer, you obviously find this acceptable English. 

Would that life were not so complicated.

Would that life ( what ) ?

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

American English.

Thank you.

I am British, not American

Really? American English?  Just a little while ago you said it sounded like it came from a 12th or 13th century book. Whatever school you attended clearly neglected educating you in history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Just a little while ago you said it sounded like it came from a 12th or 13th century book. Whatever school you attended clearly neglected educating you in history.

No, I did not say it came from a 12 or 13th century book. 

Is it from some 12 or 13th century book ?

The question mark denotes that I asked a question.

Whatever school you attended did not teach you the difference between a question and making statement.

Unlucky, try again.

52 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your term ‘less powerful economically’ needs clarification. The EU is the world’s second largest economy, behind the US.

Oops.

Don't laugh so fast. See my FT chart.

Edited by nauseus
   Don't laugh so fast. See my FT chart.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

No, I did not say it came from a 12 or 13th century book. 

The question mark denotes that I asked a question.

Whatever school you attended did not teach you the difference between a question and making statement.

Unlucky, try again.

On the basis of your performance today I’ll skip your English lessons if you don’t mind.

Finally, some politicians are starting to get it

In an interview with France’s BFMTV, Le Maire painted a dramatic picture of the challenges facing the European Union.

“Europe is in a state of decomposition, it’s falling apart before our eyes,” he said.

https://www.politico.eu/article/le-maire-eurozone-eu-falling-apart-before-our-eyes/

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Well I guess it depends whose numbers you look at, Big Boy. Here's a few with chart from the FT JAN 22 this year:

https://www.ft.com/content/dec6968c-f6ca-11e7-8715-e94187b3017e

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F54f66676-fc38-11e7-9b32-d7d59aace167?source=next&fit=scale-down&quality=highest&width=700

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/03/worlds-biggest-economies-in-2017/

Once the UK leaves then the EU will drop to 3rd again anyway. By the way it's still bullying and typifies the big EU cowardly bully. One of the many good reasons to bail out.

OK your using PPP gdp I was using actual GDP

7 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Gaulist who, has throuought his political career espoused* Anti European Community/European Union views, mouths off about the EU falling appart.

It has a familiar ring to it if you read the posts of Brexit zealots in thread.

’espoused’ is a real English word, and while it sounds archaic it’s quite often found in modern usage.

Oops!

If the UK was no longer held accountable by EU institutions, including the European court of justice, it could not benefit from the bloc’s security arrangements, he [Barnier]said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/19/barnier-uk-will-lose-access-to-eu-security-databases-after-brexit

Now who who was it that was struggling with this earlier today?

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You say this with pride, as though the EU is a country / federal state.  Sometimes the EU commissioners think the EU is a federal state too.  Or at least they believe it will become a federal state one day.

The EU is 27 very different nations cobbled together, and splitting at the seams. It's a project run by bureaucrats. A project that is doomed to failure, and is already fracturing.

If only they'd kept it as a common market instead of becoming power crazy.

Let me put you straight about something.

I did not make that statement with even the slightest feeling or expression of pride.

How you go from that erroneous assumption to the rest of your ramblings is, to me, a mystery but please leave me out of it.

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Astound me

Is it from some 12 or 13th century book ?

It is certainly not from modern English language.

I am not sure which 12 or 13th Century author you might be asking a question about. Probably just a wild stab in the dark. The earliest writer you might be trying to reference is Geoffrey Chaucer, but he is 14th Century. Only a century out but good effort. Here's a message for you from Chaucer: (Canterbury Tales)

“Youre tale anoyeth al this compaignye.
Swich talkyng is nat worth a boterflye,”
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

So, is Barnier suggesting that the EU won't try to find a bespoke solution to maintain the security collaboration between the EU and the UK after Brexit - thus putting the lives of UK and EU citizens at greater threat?

That would be disgraceful!

Why some people still want to be a part of this crock of sh* I'll never know...

Ah!! Now I understand what a crock refers to! ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

I am not sure which 12 or 13th Century author you might be asking a question about. Probably just a wild stab in the dark. The earliest writer you might be trying to reference is Geoffrey Chaucer, but he is 14th Century. Only a century out but good effort. Here's a message for you from Chaucer: (Canterbury Tales)

“Youre tale anoyeth al this compaignye.
Swich talkyng is nat worth a boterflye,”

14th Century? Geoffrey Chaucer? He was a real pissant. He was also piss*d most of the time ......no one would use words like that sober except Grouse. ?