Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

It also always features in 'top suicide' country listings...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Try and get SOMETHING correct!

Actually, it is an interesting fact that suicide rates as as high as they are in some of the best countries in the World. Thinking is that often one can rationalise the situation as there are people who are worse off and people better off. Sadly, in Scandinavia everyone is doing OK at least!

11 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Try and get SOMETHING correct!

Try and get SOMETHING analysed properly.

I'm in Udon Thani at the moment so if you want to talk about suicide I'm your man. :smile:

Dark lands: the grim truth behind the 'Scandinavian miracle'

Television in Denmark is rubbish, Finnish men like a drink – and Sweden is not exactly a model of democracy. Why, asks one expert, does everybody think the Nordic region is a utopia?
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aright said:

Try and get SOMETHING analysed properly.

I'm in Udon Thani at the moment so if you want to talk about suicide I'm your man. :smile:

Dark lands: the grim truth behind the 'Scandinavian miracle'

Television in Denmark is rubbish, Finnish men like a drink – and Sweden is not exactly a model of democracy. Why, asks one expert, does everybody think the Nordic region is a utopia?

Yes very droll and some words of truth. The Scandinavians MUST get rid of their Muslims. Even so, I love these northern lands.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jisqle37uWI

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, oilinki said:

Of course Scotland and Northern Ireland will pay their own fees, like every other independent country does. They will also gain full rights, like independent countries have. This include fishing rights and rights to the natural resources. 

After the formation of independent, free countries, there is no reason for them to be part of any legal entity of former United Kingdom.  After all, the free will of the people of Northern Ireland and Scotland should be respected.

If they join the European Union, they might be helped by the EU at the start to get them to the way to prosperity. That's what EU does anyway. At the end of the day it benefits all of us who are part of the EU. 

How will they raise these fees is a big question?

The easy and possibly the only way will be to raise taxes.

The revenue from the North Sea Oil does NOT belong to Scotland alone but to the whole of the UK and of course Scotland will get its share of that revenue.

Northern Ireland does not have that advantage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The revenue from the North Sea Oil does NOT belong to Scotland alone but to the whole of the UK and of course Scotland will get its share of that revenue.

I am not sure how you come to that conclusion. An independent Scotland will collect all royalties and taxes from hydrocarbons recovered from the Scottish region of the North Sea, much as any other country which produces from the region. Similarly, rUK will collect the same from production within its territorial waters. It isn't that complicated, really.

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Good news - at the 2014 indyref EU nationals voted around 75% to remain in the UK if I recall correctly. Next time round, I would expect the split to be much more in favour of UKexit.

I don’t know from where you get that idea, probably in Manila. From where I’m sitting, in a part of the U.K that has seen a very large influx of Eastern Europeans, 

I can tell you, they all seem to be very happy,with the idea of Brexit.

And guess what, they’re still coming in, probably knowing that the open boarder will soon be controlled.

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I don’t know from where you get that idea, probably in Manila. From where I’m sitting, in a part of the U.K that has seen a very large influx of Eastern Europeans, 

I can tell you, they all seem to be very happy,with the idea of Brexit.

And guess what, they’re still coming in, probably knowing that the open boarder will soon be controlled.

One of the many differences between you and me is your strong reliance on accecdotal evidence to back up your position.

Why would our Eastern European friends be so keen to see barriers in place between the UK and the continent? Makes little sense, surely, especially with the pernicious and seemingly scattergun approach that the UK immigration authorities are taking to expulsions at present. Turkeys voting for Christmas, no?

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Yes, and let’s not forget,that the value of oil since the Scottish referendum has collapsed. It’s now a completely different ball game.

D526357D-A1D8-4168-A7ED-FE1279EAEEB4.jpeg

Why do you care? Are you so attached to the Scots and all things Scottish that you can not bare the thought of them leaving?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/sterling-slump-euros-dollars-currency-exchange-a8265401.html

Buy euros and dollars now before sterling slumps: that was the message from a leading foreign currency expert at a travel industry event on the impact of Brexit. Mr Parsons said: “The pace of growth we’re going to see over the next few years will be dismal.” He also predicted that India will soon overtake the UK as the world’s fifth-biggest economy,

On free movement of labour, Andrew Stewart, chief financial office of Hotelplan UK, said: “The environment for UK staff [in Europe] is a lot more hostile than it was a year ago.”

Kate Nicholls, chief executive of UK Hospitality, warned that British hotels and restaurants faced a labour shortage, and said: “There are too many scenarios to plan for.”

• Haha 2

I am certainly attached to the Scots. 
Of course they should be allowed to leave the UK if that is their wish. What do you think the exit penalty should be?

Given their stated aim to remain/rejoin the EU they could ask Barnier to negotiate their exit penalty and England would probably end up handing over the Crown Jewels going by the current performance.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jip99 said:

A colourful but pointless analogy.

I have always found that when you have found a house that you REALLY want, you don't mind having to repair a few defects............ especially when your previous house was crumbling.

"a few defects"  - that's a good one.

Note your reluctance to acknowledge that people can change their minds. Obviously not in the brexit vocabulary.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

He forgot to mention the fire that will fall from the sky and the plague of locusts .etc etc .

Closer attention to detail reveals that this is a tourism only perspective on Brexit. So what's being said is with regards to that single sector only, fire and locusts are included in the farming sector report which will be published shortly.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, vogie said:

But they are not leaving, they prefer to be part of the Union, why are you so keen for them to go?

Because I like Scotland and I like the EU. I have property in Edinburgh and a Danish passport is in process. I think an independent Scotland as part of the EU sounds like an excellent idea!

Did you see last weeks Any Questions? All was on display. Just look at the audience. You can spot the Brexiters a mile off. And, BTW, Cox was not demolished, he was the demolition man! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Nothing "HiSo" about me; unless you consider that a first class education makes a difference! ?

Education is totally up to the individual to achieve, take in...If you are talking about "I had a first class education because it cost a lot", well I reckon that is not necessarily the case.....