US soldiers fined for fighting with Thai men who allegedly tried to aggressively sell them watches at Pattaya bar

webfact

6 minutes ago, Thian said:
1 hour ago, Esanlover said:

Look at the other chicken shit scared Farang. No help. Cowards. No stick to your beers.

I also wouldn't move a bit, in Pattaya you can expect anything to happen...it's not exactly Monaco or so.

And the faux watch vendors are protected by youknowwho or how else can they be allowed to walk in restaurants to annoy customers with faux watches?

Have to agree with Thian....what middle aged retiree tourist in their right mind is going to jump in the middle of a melee between unknown parties and due to unknown causes, and risk injury, imprisonment etc.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ezflip said:

What is missing from the top post if people don't bother to read the original story.

The Thai guys left a Rolex watch with the police as surety for their release. Gone gone gone..

17 hours ago, keith101 said:

We have all had our share of problems with these guys selling fake watches , the best way i found was just say no thanks and just look away and ignore them . If one got a bit nasty all i had to do was stand up at 188cm tall and weighing 110 kgs  they would always walk away . 

Easy for you Keith, but not everyone is tall. I am 168cm and weigh 63 kg, so I buy a lot of watches! 555

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

It's all about being polite. Yesterday a Thai bumped in to me, and a moto taxi guy almost hit me with his bike - both immediately apologized. I replied with "mai pen rai - kawp kuhn kahp." Unbeknownst to some Newbs, if I had said f... you etc, then the Thais attitudes and responses would have been very different. Frankly, I respect them for standing up for each other. Lets face it = nobody likes a big loud mouthed Farang. They get beat up all the time in the West.

Well said. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nev said:

A fine to the farang and the Thai perpetrators walk off scot free?, At least get them to give him a free watch ?

"The Thai men were fined THB5,000 each because they started the fight, while the soldiers had to pay THB1,000 each. All of them were released.":whistling:

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

It's all about being polite. Yesterday a Thai bumped in to me, and a moto taxi guy almost hit me with his bike - both immediately apologized. I replied with "mai pen rai - kawp kuhn kahp." Unbeknownst to some Newbs, if I had said f... you etc, then the Thais attitudes and responses would have been very different. Frankly, I respect them for standing up for each other. Lets face it = nobody likes a big loud mouthed Farang. They get beat up all the time in the West.

absolutely correct,  unfortunately there are few TV farang who hate everything Thailand and it's government. They must have got burnt by a Thai wife or girl,  but thats expected if you complain about everything especially to the wife. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robertthesculptor said:

Well just wonderful... Again hate shows its head...fine the damned foreigners. Who cares about them.... If all round had been fined..ok but to turn loose two thieves and fine the visitors??? Now that will make international news and cast a bad light on Thailand.

The Thai men were all fined 5000฿ because they started the brawl, the US soldiers were fined 1000฿!

But I reckon your comment is more in harmony with many on ThaiVisa:biggrin:

• Like 1

You're not allowed to defend yourself in Thailand if someone assaults you.  If you defend yourself, you're sanctioned.

If someone picks up a deadly weapon and assaults you, and you pick up something to defend your life, and happen to succeed, then you'll be jailed, taken to court, and very possibly imprisoned - for defending your life.

It's an incredibly screwed up legal system, one that allows victims to be victimized, and should the victim fight back successfully, then charges them with a crime.  :sleep:

So for anyone considering coming to Thailand on holiday or to live, do understand that you have no rights to defend yourself against grievous bodily harm.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

This is why it's so important that the RTP are stripped and rebuilt by a new PM..The watch seller assaulted the farang and when the farang defended himself was attacked by more tuff Thais lol invalid.

the RTP.are a international joke and l wouldn't piss on you.The PM should be ashamed and resign.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Thais sells illegal goods.
Thai throw punches first then others jumps in.
Farangs defend themself.

Farangs got fined.

Thais never mentioned again.

Way to go [emoji1242]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Media1 said:

This is why it's so important that the RTP are stripped and rebuilt by a new PM..The watch seller assaulted the farang and when the farang defended himself was attacked by more tuff Thais lol invalid.

the RTP.are a international joke and l wouldn't piss on you.The PM should be ashamed and resign.

Post of the month.

You Sir,  are a visionary :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

Just now, Xaos said:

Thais sells illegal goods.
Thai throw punches first then others jumps in.
Farangs defend themself.

Farangs got fined.

Thais never mentioned again.

Way to go emoji1242.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The Thais got fined five times the amount the USA guys...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, connda said:

You're not allowed to defend yourself in Thailand if someone assaults you.  If you defend yourself, you're sanctioned.

If someone picks up a deadly weapon and assaults you, and you pick up something to defend your life, and happen to succeed, then you'll be jailed, taken to court, and very possibly imprisoned - for defending your life.

It's an incredibly screwed up legal system, one that allows victims to be victimized, and should the victim fight back successfully, then charges them with a crime.  :sleep:

So for anyone considering coming to Thailand on holiday or to live, do understand that you have no rights to defend yourself against grievous bodily harm.

Good post and you are pretty much right on.

People need to understand the Thailand results of their actions or involvement.

A good thought is to remember you will be blamed for most incidents.  Traffic accidents or whatever.

Why?  Because you are here.  If you were not here it would have never happened.  Seems odd but that is their thinking in many cases.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Pattaya Vendors Arrested For Brawl With U.S. Soldiers

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

1519824777152-696x522.jpg

Arrested vendors are presented to media Wednesday at Pattaya City Police Station

PATTAYA — A group of watch sellers in the resort town of Pattaya were arrested Wednesday for allegedly starting a punching match with American soldiers, in town for a military exercise.

The six vendors were charged with selling counterfeit goods. Two of them were charged with assault for the Saturday brawl – footage of which later surfaced on social media and drew outrage. They were fined 5,000 baht for the assault.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/03/01/pattaya-vendors-arrested-brawl-u-s-soldiers/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-01
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, connda said:

That isnt true , you can use reasonable force to defend yourself .

If you use excessive force , then you may get prosecuted

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

The six vendors were charged with selling counterfeit goods.

So what punishment did they get for this?

The WHOLE WORLD knows that fake Rolex watches are sold in Pattaya giving thailand a bad name...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Same old same old.

Falngs blamed.

I hope the USA navy, make there guys spend there money else ware.

Pattaya clearly cares not about you.

Authorities of Pattaya you are a disgrace to the good people of Thailand and the tourists that come here.   

Shame on you. :bah:

Same old story, you didn't read the link, did you?  Shame on you!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That isnt true , you can use reasonable force to defend yourself .

If you use excessive force , then you may get prosecuted

What is excessive in this case Sherlock? Or should I say judge Judy.

Americans out  numbered and Thai's keep coming. What should be not excessive lay down let them kick you to death?