Two more people interviewed in Prawit watch scandal

webfact

19 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Yep the second hand stopped working and the date was out by a country mile as the salesperson in Central (Citizen desk) screwed up when I asked for the time to be adjusted and (you need a Phd in something to understand the instructions on these things) when I checked the website it suggested a service every 6 or 7 years which is about how long I have had it.

What are they charging?

6 minutes ago, merlin2002 said:

No doubt quite a number of these luxury watches will be thank you gifts from the Chinese, for the submarine and tanks contracts. He is the Defense Minister after all... :whistling:

Should have accepted single malt. Can drink the evidence. Or rum. Some rums go for thousands of dollars.

Edited by Justfine

18 minutes ago, Justfine said:

What are they charging?

Don't know yet, the Mrs took it to the Citizen desk in Central Festival Patts, they send it to BKK who in turn will assess and phone either us or Central to tell us how much, I take it that you have one also ?

On 2/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, rkidlad said:

Well, Prawit said from the beginning that this was “easy to explain”, so why are these people only being asked now. Why didn’t Prawit give these easy-to-explain names to the relevant people straight away. I guess he thought he’d only be caught for one or two watches. Not 25. 

And if someone catches him with another watch in a photo, will he be allowed another 3 months to explain that? 

These people are just now being interviewed because dragging out the investigation is the strategy here. If we appear to be doing an investigation we are immune from criticism, if we drag it out long enough people will lose interest and we don't upset the dictator that currently runs the show.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2018 at 9:35 PM, chama said:

These people are just now being interviewed because dragging out the investigation is the strategy here. If we appear to be doing an investigation we are immune from criticism, if we drag it out long enough people will lose interest and we don't upset the dictator that currently runs the show.

Thats the name of the game here Drag it and soon it will go away. Just like the girl who came forth about government people and the governor using them for teen sex What happened there? Nothing  All forgotten about and the girl disappeared so she cant talk anymore More than likely at the bottom of the Mekong River by now

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 11:30 AM, Justfine said:

What are they charging?

Hi Justfine, I had a call from Citizen yesterday afternoon, the cost for a service & some other stuff like cleaning and replacing some seals is Bht 3820, not sure quite what they are replacing as my Mrs took the call as they had no one who speaks English and she couldn't explain properly, if I get a detailed receipt I will try and copy it on here and maybe someone else can translate.

Anyway, back on topic, I did ask him for a loan of one watch but he never replied :whistling:  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Justfine said:

That's a lot. How much was the watch new?

Some of the citizen dive watches go for 5000 to 6000 baht new. 

300 quid 7 years ago, it was my retirement present to myself as the MoD couldn't be arsed to acknowledge my 30+ years of service, :smile: I did look on the Citizen site for a pic but reckon it's too old now and I can't remember the model No. SS bracelet with 24 carat gold embellishments, water resist to 50 mtrs   

On 3/1/2018 at 10:50 AM, webfact said:

Two more people linked to luxury watches seen in possession of Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan have been asked to give information to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), secretary-general Worawit Sukboon said yesterday.

well we now know their strategy, interview everyone in the country

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

well we now know their strategy, interview everyone in the country

I hear the investigation team have set up shop in a local burial ground. With lazers and measuring equipment. Waiting for the duppies! I'm not 100% sure they can sort the watch enigma out any time soon.

• Like 1