Pattaya Beach anti-smoking rally set for March 6

Rimmer

Pattaya Beach anti-smoking rally set for March 6

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya Beach will see its first anti-smoking rally March 6 as city hall tries to implement a beach smoking ban citywide.

Deputy Mayor Vichien Pongpanit chaired a Feb. 23 meeting on the first smoking ban public relations event outside Dongtan Beach. He estimated 85 percent of people visiting Dongtan now understand and follow the smoking prohibition and predicted that number will reach 100 percent within a month.

The challenge now is to bring the ban on smoking to Pattaya and Naklua beaches. The first step was to educate beach chair vendors, who signed on to the effort by collecting 110,000 cigarette butts.

The butts were given to the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources for analysis.

The March 6 event will include an exhibition on the health dangers of cigarettes and the negative effects of throwing butts on the beach.

Read more:https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/112-pattaya-news/?do=add

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-03-02

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The butts were given to the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources for analysis.

Analysis .! What can you tell from a bit of smoked out filter .? .. We has just come back from Patt' beach having spent most of the day there and we didn't detect any toking by way of the smell of smoke carried on the breeze .. We did observe those who wanted a chuff retreat to the promenade bit but they were only a few .. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hopefully ban those selfish farangs from smoking in restaurants when your dining with your kids while they are at it !

If it's allowed to smoke i will, if i have to go to a designated smoking-area i'll do that.

Maybe they should make restaurants for smokers and separate ones for non-smokers? Same for kids who cry all the time.

37 minutes ago, Thian said:

If it's allowed to smoke i will, if i have to go to a designated smoking-area i'll do that.

Maybe they should make restaurants for smokers and separate ones for non-smokers? Same for kids who cry all the time.

they have in the UK, all smokers are in the garden so no fun out there for non smokers anymore, dont get me started on the fact they actually stink of cigarettes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Analysis .! What can you tell from a bit of smoked out filter .? .. We has just come back from Patt' beach having spent most of the day there and we didn't detect any toking by way of the smell of smoke carried on the breeze .. We did observe those who wanted a chuff retreat to the promenade bit but they were only a few .. 

not banned on Patt beach yet 

9 hours ago, likeke said:

These morons who smoke in restaurants should be kicked out and fined. How rude. If you smoke stop. And if you do smoke, then do it outside of eating establishments and away from children and the elderly. Period.

There are loads of non smoking restaurants  ..... why not use them ?  ..... I don't like kids running around in restaurants or crying .... so I don't use them .....

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hopefully ban those selfish farangs from smoking in restaurants when your dining with your kids while they are at it !

Nothing selfish about it if it's allowed  .... I don't like breathing in car and bike fumes ... but I don't imagine that's going to stop people using them  ... 

110,000 butts from the beach....wow!   That must have been a massive effort sorting that many butts from all the plastic bags, bottles, condoms, syringes, fishing gear, disposable nappies and various other flotsam and jetsam that washes up on those beaches daily.

22 hours ago, cookieqw said:

they have in the UK, all smokers are in the garden so no fun out there for non smokers anymore, dont get me started on the fact they actually stink of cigarettes

Smokers....where do I start....oh better not  :sad: