Bored in Thailand

garyk

1 minute ago, tropo said:

Are you suggesting I sit around and talk, or are you just talking in general? I train at home with no one to talk to. Few people train with more focus and effort. That's one reason I love training at home - no distractions.

I am impressed.

Hey, show some of photos of your bod man...

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/6/2018 at 8:49 AM, scubascuba3 said:
On 3/6/2018 at 8:02 AM, steven100 said:
Not a hobby ... just something to pass the time.  You can go to the first bar at 10am then change bars in the afternoon... you meet alot of interesting folk and Thai's.

A bar can't survive when they have guys only having 3 drinks a day. I was at an event night and a balloon chaser turned up, he was told to naff off pretty quick

The Cheap Charlie's are more realistic about their situation/predicament than the Bar owners who arrive and think they will make a fortune in paradise (along with thousands of others all with the same idea!).

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

Are you suggesting I sit around and talk, or are you just talking in general? I train at home with no one to talk to. Few people train with more focus and effort. That's one reason I love training at home - no distractions.

Not suggesting anything. Just saying some do it.

Each to their own.

Just now, Justfine said:

Not suggesting anything. Just saying some do it.

Each to their own.

Yes, they do like to sit around, giving the impression perhaps that most do. 

Seeing as you obviously don't believe me:

Here is yesterday's 1-hour session. The hills are cardio sessions (row & ski), and the in-between spikes are high rep resistance exercises. No breaks there other than to sip water.

5a9fdb371fbf7_cardiosession.jpg.0efe1cc78f9262661fe7fb69a789089c.jpg

8 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Phils 30

M 90

T 30

Surely some people do this.

Find a good cheap base in each. Moving would stop boredom.

OK, I see what you mean. That would be great if you like to move around, but I prefer home life and no longer have any desire to constantly move. LOL> that means I'm becoming a boring person, but not feeling bored. It's hard to move a home-gym from country to country too. 

I constantly feel the urge to do something, so I started my own business at 55. I rather like to be productive than just busy. I do envy people who can just relax in their sofa all afternoon just doing nothing. I think we do as we are and people who are bored imo choose this state of mind. As many posters already mentioned there is no reason to be bored in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, norrska said:

The Cheap Charlie's are more realistic about their situation/predicament than the Bar owners who arrive and think they will make a fortune in paradise (along with thousands of others all with the same idea!).

I'm  not really capable of more than 3 alcoholic drinks a day.

Does't matter how nice the bar is, or how much money I have ...... more than 3 and I fall asleep/over.

In fact that's a good way to occupy the day,

Exercise in the morning, 3 drinks with lunch then a nap before the kid gets home from school (15:30).

2 hours ago, Justfine said:

Phils 30

M 90

T 30

Surely some people do this.

Find a good cheap base in each. Moving would stop boredom.

Problem being the longest time is in the dullest country.

8 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm  not really capable of more than 3 alcoholic drinks a day.

Does't matter how nice the bar is, or how much money I have ...... more than 3 and I fall asleep/over.

In fact that's a good way to occupy the day,

Exercise in the morning, 3 drinks with lunch then a nap before the kid gets home from school (15:30).

More than 20 a week is considered alcoholic anyway.

1 minute ago, The manic said:

No I mean health nazis, interfering government experts and non drinkers... Everybody has a, different body weight, tolerance,  limit etc so no generalizations can be made with accuracy.  Sobriety is not normal or common... Quite the opposite in most of the world. The pursuit of oblivion is the norm except for moral Puritans and judgemental busybodies.  like Humphrey Bogart said: "Never trust a man who doesn't drink. "

People over 40 that drink a lot are usually depressed about something.

Happy people don't need to drink a lot.

"Sobriety is not normal or common... "

People are born sober not drunk.

Having a few drinks here and there is not destructive though.

Drinking a lot shows addiction and problems.

Go ask a doctor instead of quoting celebs.

Bogart, a heavy smoker and drinker, had developed cancer of the esophagus. He almost never spoke of his failing health and refused to see a doctor until January 1956 after much persistence from Bacall. A diagnosis of cancer was made several weeks later. He underwent a surgical operation on March 1, 1956, where his entire esophagus, two lymph nodes, and a rib were removed but, by then, it was too late to halt the disease, even with chemotherapy

That's your hero? Died at 57.

40 minutes ago, The manic said:

No I mean health nazis, interfering government experts and non drinkers... Everybody has a, different body weight, tolerance,  limit etc so no generalizations can be made with accuracy.  Sobriety is not normal or common... Quite the opposite in most of the world. The pursuit of oblivion is the norm except for moral Puritans and judgemental busybodies.  like Humphrey Bogart said: "Never trust a man who doesn't drink. "

Here's looking at you kid!

27 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Bogart, a heavy smoker and drinker, had developed cancer of the esophagus. He almost never spoke of his failing health and refused to see a doctor until January 1956 after much persistence from Bacall. A diagnosis of cancer was made several weeks later. He underwent a surgical operation on March 1, 1956, where his entire esophagus, two lymph nodes, and a rib were removed but, by then, it was too late to halt the disease, even with chemotherapy

That's your hero? Died at 57.

Lots of fantastic humans have passed at a young age.  What is your point?  Are you saying Hemingway isn't cool either?  What about JFK, RFK, Hendrix, Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Bon Scott?

21 minutes ago, norrska said:

Lots of fantastic humans have passed at a young age.  What is your point?  Are you saying Hemingway isn't cool either?  What about JFK, RFK, Hendrix, Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Bon Scott?

Yes cool if you are a teenager looking for a false hero.

30 minutes ago, norrska said:

You forgot Sid Vicious ............ 

6 minutes ago, The manic said:

But not mediocrities or fatous fact nerds.  I find people who constantly seek out and promote judgemental negative viewpoints to promote the idea of their own moral superiority to be the real losers. I prefer the SV version of 'My Way' to the FS version.  Many of the people you have referred were indeed troubled as was Amy Whinehouse but to call them losers is rather mean minded given the talent, energy, creativity and joy they bought to the world. Something I doubt you will not do no matter how long you live. 

No they were losers.

16 hours ago, luk AJ said:

I constantly feel the urge to do something, so I started my own business at 55. I rather like to be productive than just busy. 

That's precisely why I spend a lot of time in the gym. I'm doing something and it's productive. The main reason is to slow down the physical decline into decrepitude. This could give me more days to kill in the future.

Archived