Motorbike driver misbehaving/physical abuse

Mayure

Today I took a motorbike drive on hire along with my wife from Bali hai pier to my hotel Travelodge(soi 15). Driver asked for 50 baht and I said ok. When we reached.my hotel and I gave him 50 baht, driver said that he wants 150 baht not 50 baht. When I told him that at first he asked for 50 baht then why he is asking for 150 baht, this driver started pushing me. This was quite embarrassing situation for me as I didn't wanted any violence, I asked him peacefully why you are pushing me. Then he said give me 100 baht and he will go. To avoid nuisance , I gave him 100 baht but tlsuch behaviour is totally unacceptable. I am attaching this drivers number plate image. Please take adequate action... Thanks

Edited by Rimmer
Picture removed

15 hours ago, petermik said:

Sorry for your misfortune but it seems to me you misheard the taxi driver in the first place,a 50 baht taxi fare will not take you the distance you traveled here in Pattaya especially as there were the two of you riding...150 baht is the correct fare  :sorry:

For a motorcycle?

Personally I don't ride 3up, but even 2 motorcycle taxis for that distance should only need to be 50 baht each.

He was hustled.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

For a motorcycle?

Personally I don't ride 3up, but even 2 motorcycle taxis for that distance should only need to be 50 baht each.

He was hustled.

Do you know the actual distance from Bali Hi to soi 15..........a brisk walk of approx 45 minutes....150 baht for two is about right sorry :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I did it the other way round. Baht bus driver wanted two hundred to go from Soi Diamond up to Pratamnak Soi 2 late at night. I said one twenty. He agreed. I got up front. Upon arrival I handed him "one" 20 and stated that was our agreement. He looked shocked, and then he saw I was smiling and we both laughed as I forked over the balance plus tip. Good thing he was unarmed.

20 hours ago, petermik said:

Do you know the actual distance from Bali Hi to soi 15..........a brisk walk of approx 45 minutes....150 baht for two is about right sorry :thumbsup:

soi 15! Do you know where it is? Apparently the driver thought it was only 50 baht originally.

It is a short alley off Walking St.

And Bali Hai is at one end of Walking St!

Edited by jacko45k

I can but apologise for some of the silly replies seen here. 

The motorcycle taxis on the Walking Street and Bali Hai area are notoriously corrupt.

Added to that is the seemingly accepted practice of carrying to two people on one bike and then charging double. Only a idiot would accept this. 

If they are going to charge double for two people on one bike, insist on two bikes. 

But apart from that, the fare from Bali Hai to Sai Song Soi Sip Ha is 50 baht. There is no 75 baht fare. They just make it up as they go along.

The official fare from North Pattaya bus station to Bali Hai is 100 baht, so how can it be 75 baht from Bali Hai to Second Road's Soi 15?

The answer is that it is not.

50 baht is fair and if there are two of you, take separate bikes. Why sacrifice your comfort for no saving?

In case you don't agree with my fare estimation, here is the price list posted opposite the North Pattaya bus station;

IMG-20180302-WA0004.jpg

On 3/5/2018 at 10:28 AM, petermik said:

Sorry for your misfortune but it seems to me you misheard the taxi driver in the first place,a 50 baht taxi fare will not take you the distance you traveled here in Pattaya especially as there were the two of you riding...150 baht is the correct fare  :sorry:

On 3/6/2018 at 3:02 AM, petermik said:

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

soi 15! Do you know where it is? Apparently the driver thought it was only 50 baht originally.

It is a short alley off Walking St.

And Bali Hai is at one end of Walking St!

Jack

Read the original story again the OP clearly states "Travelodge Hotel soi 15" this is off soi Buakhow leading down to the rear of The Avenue shopping mall.....not soi 15 off Walking st :whistling:...........again 150 baht for two persons is about right.

I will accept your apology BTW.....:clap2:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Jack

Read the original story again the OP clearly states "Travelodge Hotel soi 15" this is off soi Buakhow leading down to the rear of The Avenue shopping mall.....not soi 15 off Walking st :whistling:...........again 150 baht for two persons is about right.

In fact you are one of the posters to whom I referred earlier. Utter nonsense.

The normal fare for the rip off merchants on Walking Street to Soi 15, Second road is 50 baht, not 75 baht.

As for putting two up on one bike and charging double, only an idiot would consider that acceptable.

So you are wrong, the fare is 50 baht for that journey on a motorcycle taxi. 

If it were from the other end of Walking Street it would be 30 baht.

How do I know? I actually kept an apartment on Walking Street for more than ten years, so I know what goes on there.

9 minutes ago, roger101 said:

To quote the official prices in Bangkok.

25 Baht for up to 2 kilometers then 5 Baht per Kilometer.

As the crow flies its approx 1.6 kilometers, by road 1.95 Kilometers.

in pattaya the practice is 50 baht per 500 meters, or take a baht bus.

i got too much pain to wait on a bus so i take bike

14 hours ago, petermik said:

Jack

Excuse me then, but of course it should have said soi 15 second rd.

It is off second rd and ends at Soi Buakhao where the tree fell down recently,

It is only about  1.5km from Bali Hai and 150 baht is still a bit high.

13 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

In fact you are one of the posters to whom I referred earlier. Utter nonsense.

The normal fare for the rip off merchants on Walking Street to Soi 15, Second road is 50 baht, not 75 baht.

As for putting two up on one bike and charging double, only an idiot would consider that acceptable.

So you are wrong, the fare is 50 baht for that journey on a motorcycle taxi. 

If it were from the other end of Walking Street it would be 30 baht.

How do I know? I actually kept an apartment on Walking Street for more than ten years, so I know what goes on there.

Different soi 15

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Excuse me then, but of course it should have said soi 15 second rd.

It is off second rd and ends at Soi Buakhao where the tree fell down recently,

It is only about  1.5km from Bali Hai and 150 baht is still a bit high.

It's not just "a bit high" but a total rip off for two on a bike. It's 50 baht for that journey. No question.

The Bali Hai crew are just used to ripping people off. I saw them at it almost every day.

Yet there is always some smart alec on the board who thinks they know better and ridicules the newbie for questioning the payment of 150 baht for a 2.7 km(the long way around), trip on a single motorcycle.

Perhaps they missed the official price list I posted. From the North Pattaya Road bus station to the Bali Hai Pier is 100 baht. A distance of at least 6.6 km.

So trying to justify a fare of 150 baht for two on a bike for a journey of 2.7km or less smacks of extortion.

Rider should be reported.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:02 AM, petermik said:

Why do you keep saying sorry, if you think you are right about your evaluation? ??sorry ??

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, petermik said:

the correct fare is -

25baht maximum for up to 1km and 5baht for each added km 

so a 3km ride should be 35baht for each passenger