Anyone noticed the caffeine content?

finy

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

I was just mentioning to a friend yesterday how my values have changed over the years....what I used to think was important and worth focusing my attention on.. seems so trivial  now.

Am not knocking the OP....I'm just once more reminded about the amount of time I wasted during my life. Unfortunately, my lesson could only be learned over many years and different experiences.

Hey man, I’m really sorry about your unfortunate past.

I hope I didn’t stir up many bad memories.

I just wanted a kick for a really long day of work and 7 eleven is next door. Pointless drinking it if it’s just a milkshake.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I was just mentioning to a friend yesterday how my values have changed over the years....what I used to think was important and worth focusing my attention on.. seems so trivial  now.

Am not knocking the OP....I'm just once more reminded about the amount of time I wasted during my life. Unfortunately, my lesson could only be learned over many years and different experiences.

Please tell us more. Some examples, please.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Myself and a mate were talking about this yesterday , We came up with 2 new words.

Ferlangera ..........Someone who bangs on about how things are not the same here as back home.

Ferlungabore ..................Someone who gets you cornered and when there is no room to escape goes on about the same thing over an over.

Now me and mate are well into retirement age another thing I have not heard since being here , arriving 2005 is    ' Sorry , can't stop '.   These are the best days ever. Hope I didn't drift too far off topic.

• Like 1

They say its that thea seems to contain more cofeine then coffee.

If worry so much you always can take decafee and they say that also seem to have problems.

At all stores and shops I would worry more about the water that is used.

You drink bottled water because all say tap water is not good.

Most shops use tap water for coffee, noodle and food

And if filtered, what kind of filters and how well maintained?

And many prole who claim to have problems with cafeinie in cofee and what administer doses of cafenine that are the same or even higher have problrms at all.

When provide a placebo they have.

For most people it is between the eard

Cofeine has a good effect on your heart, prostate and other things.

31 minutes ago, elgenon said:

There are coffee based energy drinks. Do they have them in Thailand? If you just want a kick, how about Red Bull or such?

Never been? They have been selling Red Bull t'shirts for years.

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Myself and a mate were talking about this yesterday , We came up with 2 new words.

Ferlangera ..........Someone who bangs on about how things are not the same here as back home.

Ferlungabore ..................Someone who gets you cornered and when there is no room to escape goes on about the same thing over an over.

Now me and mate are well into retirement age another thing I have not heard since being here , arriving 2005 is    ' Sorry , can't stop '.   These are the best days ever. Hope I didn't drift too far off topic.

Hi toofarnorth, shame during your 12 odd years of experience here you haven't discovered that a non Thai is called a farang.

CANDA.

I use those ice coffees in an emergency sometimes - think (based on my reaction-am fairly sensitive to caffeine) they have the level of caffeine of a normal cup of coffee - around 100mg for a cup. The base is probably instant coffee which has a bit less - so 60-80mg might be a closer guess. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, elgenon said:

There are coffee based energy drinks. Do they have them in Thailand? If you just want a kick, how about Red Bull or such?

They only have 50mg per bottle.

You would need 4 or 6 to hit 200/300mg.

But thanks, good suggestion.

Only ever been called a ferlung , never been called a ferang .  Maybe there are parts of LoS where 1 ferlung will call ferlung a ferang.

I'm afraid you are incorrect, the correct word is farang, if you don't believe me look up a dictionary.

CANDA.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, canda said:

I'm afraid you are incorrect, the correct word is farang, if you don't believe me look up a dictionary.

CANDA.

I'll split the difference and vote for farung. But only if you roll the r and ain't lazy.

or, are not. 

Edited by NOWHERE

1 hour ago, finy said:

They only have 50mg per bottle.

You would need 4 or 6 to hit 200/300mg.

But thanks, good suggestion.

M150 is 10mg caffeine/100ml

Kritang Daeng (Red Bull) is 32mg/100ml

Lipovitan is 50.1mg/100ml

M150/RedBull are sold in 150ml bottles, Lipo in 100ml

So, to max out on caffeine, it has to be Lipo.

Edited by mrfill
correction of figures
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canda said:

CANDA.

Would this be a Thai dictionary or English. In 12 years I have never ever been called a farang by a Thai or ferlung. The black strip you drive along is called by most Thais ' The load '  Which dictionary might that be in ?

Would this be a Thai dictionary or English. In 12 years I have never ever been called a farang by a Thai or ferlung. The black strip you drive along is called by most Thais ' The load '  Which dictionary might that be in ?

As you are trying to communicate to a primarily english speaking audience, would you not consider using the English language correctly, maybe you might find people actually understand what you are talking about without scratching their heads.

I would imagine most English dictionaries ( & Thai for that matter) would make reference to the word farang.

A suggestion...go to google & type in...define farang ..then try again with whatever the nondiscript word you are using is...you might find the result enlightening !

CANDA.

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Nonsense.

17 hours ago, mrfill said:

M150 is 10mg caffeine/100ml

Kritang Daeng (Red Bull) is 32mg/100ml

Lipovitan is 50.1mg/100ml

M150/RedBull are sold in 150ml bottles, Lipo in 100ml

So, to max out on caffeine, it has to be Lipo.

Yeah, that would make Red Bull about 50mg.

I heard a venti ice coffee from Starbucks (not sure if same in Thailand) has about 300mg in it.

I’m not sure why people go wild over those little things and say they have magic qualities.