quelling hunger ?

poanoi

3 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Of Course it's different.

Because it's not hot there like Thailand. When I made yogurt in Canada I kept it warm in the oven. The sun just makes it easier. It's the heat not the light. In fact I cover the container so it doesn't get light just the heat.

2 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Of Course it's different.

Because it's not hot there like Thailand. When I made yogurt in Canada I kept it warm in the oven. The sun just makes it easier. It's the heat not the light. In fact I cover the container so it doesn't get light just the heat.

Ants would jump in without a cover.

3 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

It changes constantly. I don't think carbs are necessarily bad.

Carbs are not bad at all, processed carbs are bad and carbs in excess are bad. 

Countless people are slim and great shape who eat carbs. Not everyone needs to go low carb. It can help but so can other things.

Just find something that works for you and stick with it.

People who force low carb on everyone are like cult people. Moderation and balance is key. 

(i know your not like one of those)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, robblok said:

Carbs are not bad at all, processed carbs are bad and carbs in excess are bad. 

Countless people are slim and great shape who eat carbs. Not everyone needs to go low carb. It can help but so can other things.

Just find something that works for you and stick with it.

People who force low carb on everyone are like cult people. Moderation and balance is key. 

(i know your not like one of those)

Nobody is being forced into diet choices. 

3 minutes ago, Justfine said:

My bad.

I got you mixed up with a poster asking what the best yogurt to buy was.555

I really don't listen to all these "this is good for you" "this is bad for you crap anymore.

I've had people tell me nuts are good fruit is bad and vice versa. I just have a little of everything.

If I eat bread it's all grain often homemade, rice I like brown, pasta, make my own, etc.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Ants would jump in without a cover.

555 No I mean it's an airtight sealed tupperware with a cloth over it to prevent sunlight but not sun heat.

I hate the ants here. My computer is full of them.

25 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Nobody is being forced into diet choices. 

No but there are people who are convinced low carb is the only way to lose weight and tell everyone so while this is not true. 

It is just one of many options that people can select from.

But almost everyone is in agreement that processed carbs are bad.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

No but there are people who are convinced low carb is the only way to lose weight and tell everyone so while this is not true. 

It is just one of many options that people can select from.

But almost everyone is in agreement that processed carbs are bad.

People just share their own experiences.

There are many ways to lose weight.

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

People just share their own experiences.

There are many ways to lose weight.

Yes but I don't really care about losing weight.. i care about losing fat.

If i go zero carb now i lose a few kg in a week (all water) and then later if you eat carbs again you get all that water back. (no attack on low carb, just pointing out that weight loss comes in many forms). Just like I don't want to lose muscle (by not eating enough protein and exercising) and then screw my metabolic rate even more.

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

Yes but I don't really care about losing weight.. i care about losing fat.

If i go zero carb now i lose a few kg in a week (all water) and then later if you eat carbs again you get all that water back. (no attack on low carb, just pointing out that weight loss comes in many forms). Just like I don't want to lose muscle (by not eating enough protein and exercising) and then screw my metabolic rate even more.

Nobody sensible goes zero carb.

A diet should be based on long term results.

I expect to follow the same basic plan for 50 years.

4 minutes ago, Justfine said:

What cardio do you do?

Me .. loaded carries... take 2 kettebells of 20 kg and walk around the park 4 rounds (around 15 minutes). Distance covered gets less and less as you have to put them down more often with each round.  Want to build it up to 5 rounds 20 min. That is something I do every day in the morning before breakfast.

Then 4 times a week around an hour in my gym. Heavy lifting say bodybuilder workout.

So no steady state cardio (yet) if i hit a plateau i might go on my eleptical or concept 2 model d rowing machine. Truth be told I hate steady state cardio. 

But I don't have much to lose .. maybe 4 kg still... hard to say I am not fat by any mean so it comes off real hard. Its just I was super lean.. but had 3 months of bad sleep.. that meant no mood.. no training.. crappy diet.. now my sleep is improving and so is my diet.

7 minutes ago, Justfine said:

4kgs is nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.

I am not worried about it and I will lose it in 2 months or so. I just like to have well defined abs. I had reasonable abs before the sleeping problem i want them back. Just pure vanity nothing more. Its also not like i can show them off as i train at home. Just something i like to keep. 

I was fat back in 2011 (hated myself hated pictures of me) then i lost 25 kg and kept it off (ok I gained again but that was muscle). At that point i vowed never to get fat again.

13 hours ago, Justfine said:

Chubby people live longer than skinny people according to numerous studies.

Those studies say overweight which is only a few pounds to 25lbs more body weight than the optimal weight in the BMI tables.  Most people like my brother that are 60-100 lbs overweight are completely delusional about this research and what it says and means.  No one who is chubby is in this category.  Those rolls of fat do indeed lead to all sorts of disease and early death. 

BTW before the low fat food processing craze the BMI tables for overweight were the normal weight tables.  Isn't it great how the food processing companies and pharmacy companies and doctors can make us sick by just changing a few tables around?

And yes the BMI is unfair to our olympic athletes on the forum and the genetically gifted and blah blah but they work for 85% of the population.  And someone will say oh those are just used by the insurance companies to make money.  Yes. They are used by the insurance companies to accurately predict disease and death!

The cancer.org site is pushing healthy body weight as one of the biggest ways to prevent cancer.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/diet-physical-activity/body-weight-and-cancer-risk/adult-bmi.html

My maximum weight would be 201 lbs on those tables.  I am now at 184 lbs but my originally chubby ass self was at 226 which is way to high to be in the overweight category although everyone expressed alarm when I started my exercise and diet programs a few years ago.  I am still not at an optimal weight.  Could get too thin and cut my life expectancy and other nonsense that just is not true!

20 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

Those studies say overweight which is only a few pounds to 25lbs more body weight than the optimal weight in the BMI tables.  Most people like my brother that are 60-100 lbs overweight are completely delusional about this research and what it says and means.  No one who is chubby is in this category.  Those rolls of fat do indeed lead to all sorts of disease and early death. 

BTW before the low fat food processing craze the BMI tables for overweight were the normal weight tables.  Isn't it great how the food processing companies and pharmacy companies and doctors can make us sick by just changing a few tables around?

And yes the BMI is unfair to our olympic athletes on the forum and the genetically gifted and blah blah but they work for 85% of the population.  And someone will say oh those are just used by the insurance companies to make money.  Yes. They are used by the insurance companies to accurately predict disease and death!

The cancer.org site is pushing healthy body weight as one of the biggest ways to prevent cancer.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/diet-physical-activity/body-weight-and-cancer-risk/adult-bmi.html

My maximum weight would be 201 lbs on those tables.  I am now at 184 lbs but my originally chubby ass self was at 226 which is way to high to be in the overweight category although everyone expressed alarm when I started my exercise and diet programs a few years ago.  I am still not at an optimal weight.  Could get too thin and cut my life expectancy and other nonsense that just is not true!

Of course its not true.. it depends how you got skinny if you got skinny through exercise and healthy living or are naturally skinny with bad habits. Those are 2 totally different things. The only thing those studies do is comfort people nothing more. 

For me BMI is unfair.. but so what I don't care about it BMI is outdated but it works for 85% of the population its easy for paper pushers. 

Nicely done with your reduction of 42 lbs.. well done keep it up.  The thing is people who are chubby / fat love to say things like that to hold you down. Because if you get slim and in great shape they look even worse for not doing it. People love shared misery. 

Edited by robblok

I think bmi is rubbish. Elite rugby players are 20kgs overweight according to those things.

Try telling Paul Gallen or Sonny Bill Williams they are fat and unfit.

Those tables only work for skinny people with little muscle or bone mass.

Waist measurements are a much better guide.

If I lived on dirt and water for 52 weeks my bmi would still be too high lol