Another kind Pattaya German - and this one sure loves even the mangiest of soi dogs!

webfact

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Well, until herr Franz kafka would live in Pattaya or in Thailand for that matter, where soi dogs

are nothing but a nuisance and a health risk, he will rephrase his quotation....

Point well made, and taken but on the other hand, he did say "All knowledge, the totality of all questions and all answers is contained in the dog".  I assume even the unpleasant ones! I wonder if Kafka's claim will appear as a Theory of Knowledge essay title next year?  There's got to be at least one IB examiner reading this!

13 minutes ago, HLover said:

I feel sorry for you and the other neighbors around him. Thank you for sharing a real report on the situation, instead of a hollow feel good news article.

The Herr German should rent a warehouse and design it for a dog/cat rescue facility.

Selfish.

Why should the German be responsible for taking the animals out of circulation? Thai people have created this problem and should be responsible for the mess they have allowed to happen. Selfish??!! If he was selfish he would turn a blind eye to the dogs' plight as Thais have done. Should he pay to have all the street dogs neutered too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Whatever happened to the "World class resort" speil ?

The resort - most known for its notorious industry and underworld criminals - now seems to be teeming with those that the Thais deem to be "jai bun" (kindhearted and full of merit).    :cheesy: :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Why should the German be responsible for taking the animals out of circulation? Thai people have created this problem and should be responsible for the mess they have allowed to happen. Selfish??!! If he was selfish he would turn a blind eye to the dogs' plight as Thais have done. Should he pay to have all the street dogs neutered too?

Germans eh, who would ever of thought it possible.  :smile:

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Seems he volunteered to be the local dog savior.  Apparently his neighbors (who are fellow human beings) don't appreciate the hundreds of extra animals around the neighborhood.

But your questions are very well thought.

3 hours ago, Spock said:

First decent post I have read. Posters suggesting that the dogs should be put down are not considering Thai practice. Neutering the strays is a great idea but it's not going to happen so is almost as worthless as the calls for euthanasia. Also annoys me that posters almost blame the dogs for the plight they are in rather than an irresponsible attitude to pet ownership or ignoring the growth of street dog numbers. At least the German is trying to relieve the unnecessary pain and suffering of these animals. Humans are responsible for their plight. Domesticated dogs are generally loving, non-aggressive and loyal. Dogs are not meant to spend their lives fossicking about for scraps of food or competing for territory. I support what the German guy is doing in the circumstances. He is showing compassion to the dogs which cannot be said of the many posters who simply complain about their presence.

One of the few decent post here

• Haha 1

As with all people with good intentions,towards the welfare of sick or malnourished  dogs and cats, this guy will create an even larger problem when he either goes back home or moves house here in Thailand.

Who will care for and feed all the strays when he is out of the picture ? I bet he has not even thought of that,

In many Spanish time share complexes, they display signs that say " Do not feed the stray cats and dogs, because when you go home they will starve. " 

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Domesticated dogs are generally loving, non-aggressive and loyal.

This is soi dogs Thai people have dumb and they are very dangerous on roads 

If someone are good heart they will take care of them in  a remote place where they no longer are a danger to the people and the noise level will be nice people there supporting this are only because they not live in this 

I not say kill the dogs but Thai people need to take responsibility for their dogs and not just dumb them when they not want the dogs anymore 

This soi is very dangerous road in the evening and night if not believe me you are welcome to walk or drive here 

Come come try out our soi dogs welcome you 

8 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Unless he also sterilizes the dogs and cats, he just adds to the problem, not helping....

Exactly!

The more dogs that survive the more they will spread, and more undernourished and sick dogs will be running around! 

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat
  • Like 1

So far in the last couple years, we have lost 4 cats, plus several kittens to a midnight pack of roving Soi dogs coming into our complex that get past the gate security with the sole intent to kill and maim.  They jump our fence, and attack anything feline. I'm getting fed up and very saddened to hear my daughter cry over and over again as we awake to find another lifeless kitten ripped to pieces in the yard by these killers.  She is now totally scared of the dark, and has bad nightmares. She has to sleep with the lights on now, inside and out. The poor cats take refuge however they can, and flower pots are being knocked over and broken, the car is scratched as the dogs claw their way up onto the roof, even once biting and ripping off the front spoiler trying to get to a terrified cat hiding under the engine.  I get up and chase them when I hear them attack, throwing sticks at them. Security comes, and we try to corner them, but they split up, jumping across through other yards and eventually make it out the gate again, on their nightly raid.

Sorry, I love dogs, but I'd certainly love to crush in the skulls of these ones in with a heavy pipe. If the friendly German could pick up these wild killers and take them off the streets, I'd certainly make a donation.

I know this man. He is often seen in the Naklua area taking care of the injured dogs. He has his own website and there is a phone number to call in case of emergency. He is doing everything right from what I can see, yes he needs donations for the dogs, food and medications, this is not a scam operation, he also receive donations from overseas.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, uffe123 said:

That is fine and dandy as long as they crap in his yard. Neighbor has two mangy dogs he lets run around and they come and shit in front of my place every morning. If this was the U.S. I would shoot them. there would be 2 dead dogs.

The same happened to me but not outside the gate. These two fellows would quickly sneaked passed the gate and defecate in my court yard. One fine day they did not know my two Neopolitan Mastiffs were released earlier in the day and Bingo! Both skulls were crushed by them. What a nice clean job done by my two boys. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, peperobi said:

And another guy that try to make money with animals...many of that kind of "organization's" become quite rich by playing with the animals love from other peoples!

Examples with links?

How about one example with a link?

Nothing?

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, uffe123 said:

That is fine and dandy as long as they crap in his yard. Neighbor has two mangy dogs he lets run around and they come and shit in front of my place every morning. If this was the U.S. I would shoot them. there would be 2 dead dogs.

What Thais do is this.

They fill plastic waterbottles with water and place them at intervals of 1(one) meter alongside their property.

Keeps the dogs from shitting and peeing there, according to the Thais. :WPFflags:

On 3/9/2018 at 8:28 AM, dorchester said:

Isn't koto gonna be pissed about someone else takin the limelight

I would imagine he's very pleased with himself about the  no butt beach...

butts.jpg.8954b434bf48ea369942b02b47811630.jpg

But how about a no rabid dog beach ?

Edited by johng

• 2 weeks later...