Death of Year 10 student in Buriram: song thaew driver, other motorcyclist deny negligence

webfact

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I dont anybody taught them to drive

in answer to your question NO ONE has taught these fools anything! not even when they get their license! 266,000 deaths in a year is proof enough that they are not taught the rules of the road.

• Like 1

No,, you don't see or feel your car fly in the air when you drive over something you see falling in front off your car???  And why he run off,, he was not to be blamed!! Maybe Drunk or so??

And the other <deleted> who came from the side soi,, no not his foult,, How stopid can you be...  Hang him High !!!

All of you don't really see what happened here....

The person making the turn, did what is known as "The Budda Turn".

Just merge into an on-coming lane, by faith.

The boy who died should not have been driving, he is a boy.

Helmut laws are not enforced.

But all in all, everything worked out just fine,

Depopulation was achieved.

This is the goal of all nations today and pushed by the UN.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

TNews reported that the boy's mother and father cradled his lifeless body on the tarmac following the accident.

Who let him ride (under the legal age & with no licence, insurance or training) in the first place?

8 minutes ago, welovethailand said:

All of you don't really see what happened here....

The person making the turn, did what is known as "The Budda Turn".

Just merge into an on-coming lane, by faith.

The boy who died should not have been driving, he is a boy.

Helmut laws are not enforced.

But all in all, everything worked out just fine,

Depopulation was achieved.

This is the goal of all nations today and pushed by the UN.

Apart from those encouraging their citizens to up the birth rate

31 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Who let him ride (under the legal age & with no licence, insurance or training) in the first place?

He is not under the legal age. Here in Thailand a 15 year old can legally get a motorbike licence and he is a year 10 student which means he is 15 years old. There has been nothing released in the press as to whether either of the bike riders were licenced or that the 2 bikes were registered and insured

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

He is not under the legal age. Here in Thailand a 15 year old can legally get a motorbike licence and he is a year 10 student which means he is 15 years old. There has been nothing released in the press as to whether either of the bike riders were licenced or that the 2 bikes were registered and insured

Russell give it up mate you are flogging a dead horse

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Who still let him ride in the first place?

Edited by evadgib

There is one thing about the Songtheaw that many people do not realise and that is it weighs in at around 6 tonne which is 6 times heavier than the normal car so when the driver swerved to the right to miss the boy his front wheel would have passed over the young boys mid section and the only thick part of the human body there is the spine so the Songtheaw driver would not feel any bump but when you look at the video the back of the Songtheaw was full of passengers and surely 1 of those passenger saw the boys body come out from under the Songtheaw and press the button for the driver to stop or did they all ignore it

• Thanks 1

Shocking video and a needless waste of life. You can't really call it an 'accident' because the motorcyclist coming from the right was almost criminally negligent.

Would a helmet have saved the young boy's life? Quite possibly if the vehicle ran over his head. A full face helmet (meeting western compliance standards) might have saved him from a broken neck if the vehicle ran over his neck. Hard to tell.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Who still let him ride in the first place?

Who lets you drive the car or ride the bike? If you are licenced you can legally drive or ride

if he is licenced he can legally ride the bike? Who let the 23 year old ride his bike

Sorry evadgib but your argument does not hold water because anyone with a licence can drive a car or ride a motorbike

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Shocking video and a needless waste of life. You can't really call it an 'accident' because the motorcyclist coming from the right was almost criminally negligent.

Would a helmet have saved the young boy's life? Quite possibly if the vehicle ran over his head. A full face helmet (meeting western compliance standards) might have saved him from a broken neck if the vehicle ran over his neck. Hard to tell.

I think you have it all wrong. The rider that was criminally negligent was the rider who failed to stop at the stop sign on the side soi and did not give way to the traffic on the priority road and it is that rider who has been charged by the police.

No helmet would have save this young boys life, if you have a good look at the video you will see that the front left wheel of the Songtheaw passed over the boys midsection.

The idiot who made the turn without looking hit the other bike and pushed it into the path of the oncoming bus . No blame on the bus driver but would have thought he knew he hit something . !00% blame on the motorbike rider hope its his turn soon with his brain dead road sense 

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Off course the motorbike driver denies responsibility. Why would he confess now?

He will just wait till he gets convicted, then decides to testify it was his mistake, and his penalty will be halved.

You'll do the same? In such a case.

Nice person are you, sorry to say!

RIP to the young student.

I question how a 10 year old boy is riding a motorcycle without a license, the legal age is15 years, no valid insurance (due to age), in all probability  self-taught to ride with no official guidance.

This is common to all school children you see every morning when schools are open.

The people to blame are people who are trusted to look after our children, parents, police and teachers.

Sad but true.

Again RIP little one, to where you will truly be protected.

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

You can see in the video that he doesn't look!!!  His head is at no point turned to the right, he doesn't slow down, he just rides straight out into the flow of traffic. Denied negligence?  This is manslaughter in my book. 

This is SOP. I have scene this a thousand times. If you don't look then you can't see it therefore it does not exist. 

There was mention in a previous post by  Russell 17au.....'' looks like the student went down below his (song thaew driver's) line of sight '' .

Difficult when half his windscreen was festooned with stickers and perhaps a few dangling ecclesiastical nick knacks !!....

like so many lorries, buses and mini vans !!

st.JPG

6 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Off course the motorbike driver denies responsibility. Why would he confess now?

He will just wait till he gets convicted, then decides to testify it was his mistake, and his penalty will be halved.

And I forgot to mention, you can accept you kil somebody??, because of not following the traffic rules.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

TNews reported that the boy's mother and father cradled his lifeless body on the tarmac following the accident.

I am a little pissed at some of the heartless comments being posted here, some of which are border line delete-able. The boy was 15, so legally old enough to ride, though if he had a license is not mentioned, even though he could qualify for one. I think it fair to say that with a little more experience he may have seen the idiot from the side road coming and taken evasive action.

However, this post is about whether the motorbike and songtaew were negligent, not about if he should have been on the road in the first place.

Please remember that and show a little respect to the dead kid and his grieving family.

Too bad a student was killed. He could do a thing about it as it wasn't his fault. The brain dead monkey coming from the side road is to blame. He also didn't care about the student after the crash. Just putting his bike at the side and calling mommy, I think.

Too bad it was a student on a motorcycle driving on the main road that got hit by the brain dead monkey and not a 18-wheeler. 

Edited by PAIBKK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

Who lets you drive the car or ride the bike? If you are licenced you can legally drive or ride

if he is licenced he can legally ride the bike? Who let the 23 year old ride his bike

Sorry evadgib but your argument does not hold water because anyone with a licence can drive a car or ride a motorbike

My opinion remains that an element of responsibility lies with the far too common practice of allowing children to ride bikes owned, supplied and fuelled by adults. Your observation re 15 being the legal age might have merit if 15 was the age that they actually took to the roads for the first time and that they had passed a test before doing so. In my experience they start as young as SIX when their feet can't even touch the floor.

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

No helmet would make any difference if you get run over by a car yet alone that bus. They can only soften an impact and have very little strength. You can deform them with your hands.

7 hours ago, connda said:

There is the absolute classic example of a motorcycle merging from a side street onto a thoroughfare with bothering to even look to the right for oncoming traffic. 

I could make an hour long video from my dash cam showing example after example after example of this type of suicidal insanity.  But this time, the MC rider kills someone. Yes he is to blame. 

But the larger blame rests directly on the Thai government for not taking any proactive measures to stop this kind of 'failure to yield' insanity that kills, literally, thousands every year. 

This is completely senseless, but typifies the carnage that plagues Thai roads.  RIP young man.

A few years ago I wrote about an accident that involved two young girls that were killed while riding their motorbike going the wrong way and of course no helmets' They came upon a car that was parked along the shoulder and when they went around it, they met head on with an eighteen wheeler. I assigned blame to the girls driving like they were, parents for allowing the girls to operate a motorbike with no training, police for not enforcing laws and the government for not forcing the police to enforce the laws. It all boils down to no one cares. They all talk a big line but no one cares. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TPUBON said:

A few years ago I wrote about an accident that involved two young girls that were killed while riding their motorbike going the wrong way and of course no helmets' They came upon a car that was parked along the shoulder and when they went around it, they met head on with an eighteen wheeler. I assigned blame to the girls driving like they were, parents for allowing the girls to operate a motorbike with no training, police for not enforcing laws and the government for not forcing the police to enforce the laws. It all boils down to no one cares. They all talk a big line but no one cares. 

A very similar incident happened here when 2x 14 year old girls were sucked in and crushed by a passing truck when they should have been at school.

2 hours ago, philipwooduk said:

RIP to the young student.

I question how a 10 year old boy is riding a motorcycle without a license, the legal age is15 years, no valid insurance (due to age), in all probability  self-taught to ride with no official guidance.

This is common to all school children you see every morning when schools are open.

The people to blame are people who are trusted to look after our children, parents, police and teachers.

Sad but true.

Again RIP little one, to where you will truly be protected.

He was not a 10 year old boy please read to op properly, he was a year 10 student, a 15 year old boy not 10 year old. Your misunderstanding of the OP is typical of many others on this and the original thread saying he was 10 year old when both the threads listed he was a year 10 student

• Like 1