available meds in TH to re-build intestinal flora

siam2007

Hi all,

does anybody have experience with meds to re-build the intestinal flora after a severe antibiotic treatment ?

I found BIOFLOR, which is expensive and obviously no generic drug available in TH, but I would like to combine it with some others.

I know a drug called PERENTEROL from Europe that contains dry yeast, but the pharmacies don't know it here. What else could be recommended?

I already eat things such as the local YOLIDA yoghurt with lactic acid bacteria, but I believe I need to do more than just that (had that Bioflor too but still want to combine it with something else).

Thanks

I seriously doubt any form of medication would to a better job at restoring intestinal flora than a healthy diet would. Especially when supplemented with bacteria rich foods like kimchi, sourkraut, yoghurt, etc. Did you consider consulting with a doctor? Or better yet, a decent dietary expert?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, mjnaus said:

I seriously doubt any form of medication would to a better job at restoring intestinal flora than a healthy diet would. Especially when supplemented with bacteria rich foods like kimchi, sourkraut, yoghurt, etc. Did you consider consulting with a doctor? Or better yet, a decent dietary expert?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

maybe he is not allowed to eat that now

I use kefir. It's easy to make it yourself and it is the strongest probiotic of all. Combine that with a diet rich in fiber, which is a pre-biotic, and you should be up to speed in no time.

Look for probiotics.  While I like Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics non-refrigerated products (manufactured in Japan), you really want a wide variety, including that found in local foods so you don't have a constant battle going on in your gut and appendix. 

Prior ThaiVisa threads on Probiotics:

Seeking Probiotics in Bangkok
By Pasularia, March 27, 2016 in Health and Medicine 

Digestive enzyme supplement
By balo, January 16, 2017 in Health and Medicine 

Where can i buy refridgerated probiotics?

By jlena, November 1, 2017 in Phuket Forum 

Archived