Radio Stations from all around the World and more..

jenny2017

I've just installed Nero 2018 and it comes with a great feature, called "Music Recorder.' Radio stations from almost all countries around the world, including videos, etc.....

A great program. 

Media Nero 29018.png

• Thanks 1

if you know the 'call letters' and location of the radio station a connection can be made by googling their website...I connect regularly to BBC Radio 3, Pacifica stations in the US, National Public Radio, etc...

but Nero sounds interesting...I'll havta have a look...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

if you know the 'call letters' and location of the radio station a connection can be made by googling their website...I connect regularly to BBC Radio 3, Pacifica stations in the US, National Public Radio, etc...

but Nero sounds interesting...I'll havta have a look...

You don't need to know any "call letters". Just checking Thai stations, you even get them from different provinces. UK Radio countless, stations from all countries around the world. Amazing.

Music Videos and and ..:stoner:

UK radio.png

Thai stations.png

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Nero as in the former CD burner utility ? 

Yep, the new 2018 Suite, or Platinum. It's basically what I was looking for and hadn't expected to find it. No more large video files if you can watch all sorts of music videos and all radio stations worldwide. I'd give it a 10 out of 10. Here's the program, quite cool.

Nero II.png

Edited by jenny2017

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Smart of them to change.. CD burning or DVD burning is something of the past (for most)

Yep, a long time ago that I had to burn a DVD. Nero now comes with a lot of cool stuff, 360 degree photo, Audio recording, back up, even a tune up. 

Just found this one: http://www.nero.com/eng/products/nero-platinum/?vlang=gb

You can download a trial. The full version is E 99 ( Euros) PS. And the applications for your phone are free...lol

Edited by jenny2017

Heavy footprint and looks like doesn't search for music genres. I prefer a compact standalone internet radio player and often use Radiosure, which I know gives access to the ad-free Russian stations (that play non-Russian music of course, like blues and jazz). (Let's hear it for the Russians, TVF Posters, heh.) I just set up shortcuts to control Radiosure via player icons on my taskbar, as it has command line options. And you can record as well.

http://www.radiosure.com/

https://www.screamer-radio.com/

Some light music players will also play radio and have listings, some on subscription basis, i.e.,

https://www.clementine-player.org/

Even foobar, my fave music player, will play radio if you manually plug in the station, which I'm too lazy to do.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Heavy footprint and looks like doesn't search for music genres. I prefer a compact standalone internet radio player and often use Radiosure, which I know gives access to the ad-free Russian stations (that play non-Russian music of course, like blues and jazz). (Let's hear it for the Russians, TVF Posters, heh.) I just set up shortcuts to control Radiosure via player icons on my taskbar, as it has command line options. And you can record as well.

Some light music players will also play radio and have listings, some on subscription basis, i.e.,

Even foobar, my fave music player, will play radio if you manually plug in the station, which I'm too lazy to do.

Just installed RadioSure. Nice software. Still works on Win XP too.

• Like 1

For U.S. centric live radio streaming, there's also the free TuneIn website and apps. And IHeartRadio website and apps as well. And for more international flavor, there's the Shoutcast directory of world radio stations that can be accessed by websites and in particular, an easy to use Kodi Shoutcast add-on. All 100% free.

22 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Heavy footprint and looks like doesn't search for music genres??

I don't understand your statement, it's not true. You can listen to all radio stations from around the world, only the ones in Thailand are divided into provinces. You can search for any band and will find music videos you can watch in full-screen mode. 

Any band you're looking for will be shown and  all albums the band had ever produced. 

I hope that somebody will install this program and report back. As i said, it's really exactly what I was looking for , but i didn't know that it already existed.

No more huge movie files on your machine, because you don't store them. You can rib CD's, record music from the radio stations, YouTube, etc..and it's got many other nice features. You can find it when you go for a swim. 

Edited by jenny2017

43 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Heavy footprint and looks like doesn't search for music genres??

Footprint: check memory & CPU usage cf. light dedicated players I mentioned. I got Radiosure playing now and it's at 0.3% CPU and 50 MB o' RAM, no load on the graphics card. Note how Music Recorder is hogging your whole screen and w/ your other stuff you got 11% of your CPU used and 76% of RAM.

Radiosure is just a small box about 600 x 500 px you can mess with while it's on top of your main window. I hate bloat.

Genres: I just said "looks like." It might; you can verify. Search for "blues" or "jazz" or "rock" for example. I know radiosure will do so and tell you the station number and country. You can search by country also.

No more huge movie files on your machine, because you don't store them. You can rib CD's, record music from the radio stations, YouTube, etc..and it's got many other nice features. You can find it when you go for a swim. 

I don't see what movie files have to do with Music Recorder and nobody's recording music from movies, which sounds masochistic anyway. Personally I'd go look for the soundtrack. And if you record music, then what are you recording to? Seems to me that must be a music file but please correct me if I'm wrong. If so that file has got to be stored somewhere. Where does Music Recorder store those files? And suppose you want to copy those files over to your MP3 player to play in the gym w/o an internet connection?

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Footprint: check memory & CPU usage cf. light dedicated players I mentioned. I got Radiosure playing now and it's at 0.3% CPU and 50 MB o' RAM, no load on the graphics card. Note how Music Recorder is hogging your whole screen and w/ your other stuff you got 11% of your CPU used and 76% of RAM.

Radiosure is just a small box about 600 x 500 px you can mess with while it's on top of your main window. I hate bloat.

Genres: I just said "looks like." It might; you can verify. Search for "blues" or "jazz" or "rock" for example. I know radiosure will do so and tell you the station number and country. You can search by country also.

I don't see what movie files have to do with Music Recorder and nobody's recording music from movies, which sounds masochistic anyway. Personally I'd go look for the soundtrack. And if you record music, then what are you recording to? Seems to me that must be a music file but please correct me if I'm wrong. If so that file has got to be stored somewhere. Where does Music Recorder store those files? And suppose you want to copy those files over to your MP3 player to play in the gym w/o an internet connection?

I'm still trying to figure all out, currently still busy with school. The program gives you the option to save the files where you want, a memory stick, or on your machine. 

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

I'm still trying to figure all out, currently still busy with school. The program gives you the option to save the files where you want, a memory stick, or on your machine. 

OK, so it looks like what we really got is " No more huge movie files on your machine, because you don't store them" unless you do store them. Which reduces to the trivial. 

Streaming movies is a whole industry thoroughly studied here on the forum and AFAIK nothing matches Kodi. Whether any music vids accessible by through the app can replace or  meaningfully supplement those offered via youtube is another question you may investigate when you're less busy with school. 

• 2 weeks later...