90 Day Report - Airport @ 91 days

I'm scheduled to leave the country on the 91st day counting my latest plane flight in to the day of departure.

Jan 1 to Apr 3 to be precise.

If I don't do a 90 day, is this an issue? Could I have any trouble returning (non O marriage)? Or, the preceding 90 day report (fine).

I'd like to start mailing my reports in as well. Sick of the time and expense

Thank you

17 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

If I don't do a 90 day, is this an issue?

No.

18 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Could I have any trouble returning (non O marriage)? Or, the preceding 90 day report (fine).

No. As long as you leave before day 97 there is no fine or punishment that can, under immigration rules, be applied in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

No.

No. As long as you leave before day 97 there is no fine or punishment that can, under immigration rules, be applied in the future.

Interesting.  There is a few days grace period for which no future penalty for late filing the 90 day?

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Interesting.  There is a few days grace period for which no future penalty for late filing the 90 day?

A report is not considered late unless you stay in the country and report on day 97+. So if you leave before day 97 you cannot be fined at any point in the future because you didn't stay in the country long enough for a report to become late and a fine due.

It is a report to update your address because you are staying in the country longer than 90 days, however, if you are leave within 97 days immigration aren't bothered whether or not you report because you're leaving.

If you were to stay in the country longer than 96 days and not report a fine becomes due, and could potentially be charged in the future. Although, IMO, that's unlikely to happen.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

A report is not considered late unless you stay in the country and report on day 97+. So if you leave before day 97 you cannot be fined at any point in the future because you didn't stay in the country long enough for a report to become late and a fine due.

It is a report to update your address because you are staying in the country longer than 90 days, however, if you are leave within 97 days immigration aren't bothered whether or not you report because you're leaving.

If you were to stay in the country longer than 96 days and not report a fine becomes due, and could potentially be charged in the future. Although, IMO, that's unlikely to happen.

Are you sure? The grace period is for people who actually make the report, the OP will not do that. 

Believe if you stay more than 90 days and fail to report you can and likely will be fined when next making a report.  The grace period is for those making reports - it does not remove the requirement for a report if staying longer than 90 days.
Correct.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe if you stay more than 90 days and fail to report you can and likely will be fined when next making a report.  The grace period is for those making reports - it does not remove the requirement for a report if staying longer than 90 days.

Agreed, it will be up to the immigration officer. 

It's called 90 day report, not 97 day report. 

• Like 1

On 12/03/2018 at 1:04 AM, pearciderman said:

Are you sure? The grace period is for people who actually make the report, the OP will not do that. 

100% sure.

There is no “grace period”. There is a deadline to report our address within 97 days, and a fine for anyone staying in the country longer than 96 days without reporting or who reports late.

The OP isn’t staying longer than 96 days so they cannot be fined.

Immigration aren’t interested in the address of someone leaving the country within the time given to report their address

23 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Could you link a report from a member that has left within 97 days without reporting and been fined for not reporting when making a future report?

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

100% sure.

There is no “grace period”. There is a deadline to report our address within 97 days, and a fine for anyone staying in the country longer than 96 days without reporting or who reports late.

The OP isn’t staying longer than 96 days so they cannot be fined.

Immigration aren’t interested in the address of someone leaving the country within the time given to report their address

See the highlighted words, that is what is important. The OP is not reporting, he is leaving on day 91, totally different.

And you are totally wrong.

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Prove it.

Here's a third party report.

That is one report, we all know different rules vary from office to office

Also interesting to see on that thread that UbonJoe says you can be fined

On that thread you advised the following

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following :

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. ...

Well that seems clear enough to me, you must report every 90 days, yes there is a grace period however it does not say that you will or will not be fined

Can you provide official proof of what you are saying?, It would certainly clear a lot of things up

Basically it's up to the immigration officer next time, get fined or not, so I'll advice to do the 90 day report. 

Not that difficult. 

If you get fined, good luck explain to the IO, I read on Internet that I don't have to do it. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, manchega said:

yet again I find myself in this position, I will be flying on day 95 or 96

Not a problem on departure from the country. As said before immigration does not look for 90 day reporting since it is not their responsibility to do it.