13 things I miss about living back in the UK

webfact

I miss English mars bars as the ones here are aweful. Weetabix here are lower quality I.e. UK are higher wheat content and have added vitamins and minerals. Not here.

I miss kippers too . tried some here and yuk!

Long list actually when think about it. Tea, blah blah

Biggest issue though us food quality as there is a real scandal here wrt pesticides and food safety 

40 minutes ago, gamini said:

English food?? The poster must be joking. Especially when he talks about bread. They overcook all their meat and their vegetables are tasteless. In fact, you'll find better English food in Thailand. I have met a few who make such claims. But they like bland food. The only food I miss is Kippers, and salmon, but they are from Scotland!

You can get salmon steaks in Macro, also smoked salmon at Villa Mart - same price as in the UK.  From Norway I think.

Lovely with asparagus, hollandaise sauce and a nice bit of garlic bread.  Yum, Yum.

2 hours ago, Timbob said:

Why is almost every reply negative? Yeah, seems to be a trend on TV. There are some right miserable gits on here!

The thread is about what you miss, not what you don't miss.

There are so many negative replies because the topic is about what you miss in the UK, which a lot of these "miserable gits" don't miss, and there is so much most expats from the UK don't miss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamini said:

English food?? The poster must be joking. Especially when he talks about bread. They overcook all their meat and their vegetables are tasteless. In fact, you'll find better English food in Thailand. I have met a few who make such claims. But they like bland food. The only food I miss is Kippers, and salmon, but they are from Scotland!

I find that bread from 7-11 and Tesco Lotus stay fresher much longer than bread in Scotland.