snowflakes (the people)

snowflakes (the weather)

police state

snobbery

cost of housing

cost of living

overcrowded 

london

And the influx of fighting age males from exotic countries, given free money and a license to abuse and do as they please.

• Like 2

13 Things I don't miss about the UK

fat women
no customer service
negative people
mass media
tv licence 
snowflakes (the people)
snowflakes (the weather)
police state
snobbery
cost of housing
cost of living
overcrowded 
london

Alan Partridge is among us.

This rather mindless list rather supports the contention I have been arguing for.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I miss the long sandy beaches, the surf, the long summer evenings, elderflower wine, the pleasure of coming in from the cold, walking briskly on a cold winter’s morning, shortcrust mutton pies, a certain kind of samosa, excellent road layout (for car drivers, at least)...

3 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I miss the long sandy beaches, the surf, the long summer evenings, elderflower wine, the pleasure of coming in from the cold, walking briskly on a cold winter’s morning, shortcrust mutton pies, a certain kind of samosa, excellent road layout (for car drivers, at least)...

I like this concept of pleasure as a relief from suffering -coming in from the cold.

Perhaps in LOS we could invert it and say the pleasure of walking into a cool room with a/c blasting out after walking on the street in mid-afternoon in March..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

I like this concept of pleasure as a relief from suffering -coming in from the cold.

Perhaps in LOS we could invert it and say the pleasure of walking into a cool room with a/c blasting out after walking on the street in mid-afternoon in March..

But it’s not really the same - not for me, anyway.  Coming in from the cold, you might not actually be that uncomfortable, but just glad to doff your hat and coat and scarf and gloves and over-boots and thaw your fingers round a pint of mild

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

But it’s not really the same - not for me, anyway.  Coming in from the cold, you might not actually be that uncomfortable, but just glad to doff your hat and coat and scarf and gloves and over-boots and thaw your fingers round a pint of mild

I take your point. The red ears and nose, the rubbing of the hands to restore circulation, and indeed walking in the cold with that delicious warmth the liver produces in the body are all pleasant  sensations. But too often I found myself fighting the elements in the UK. The biting wind, relentless drizzle, grey skies.To hell with that.

The worst I've ever felt weather wise was when I was sat on a motorbike for an hour going from Hull to Leeds one New Year. I just felt frozen and numb. Other times I've been wet and cold in the UK, an unpleasant and possibly dangerous condition.

In Thailand  being wet is rarely a problem, one soons feels warm. As for heat, reach for a fan, a/c and/or a shower.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2018 at 9:41 AM, geriatrickid said:

It's all relative;

In Thailand it's a Bib waiting to pounce;  unbearably sticky weather most of the year,  the dirty grey skies during burning season, or the usual garbage burning; and extra charges for being farang. Paradise is where we make it. I can live very nicely in Hampshire, or  the Outer Banks, NC, or south of France or Vancouver Island etc.

I have no problem them pouncing. 100% legal and always wear a helmet.

No problem, fans and AC take care of that.

Don't live anywhere near burning, fields or garbage thank you.

I won't go anywhere if at all possible where there's dual pricing

I have lived many many other places, I thought this was about things you missed or didn't from the UK> <deleted> has Vancouver island got to do with anything?

That could be the north of Thailand during cold season, or it could be  Patong/Pattaya/Samui etc.  anytime of the year, minus the cold.

Not cold where I am, had to wear jeans a few times and a long sleeve shirt once. That'll do

What about healthcare quality, or due process in a court of law or human rights? 

If you ever get into a dispute with a Thai of status you will soon learn  that you have no legal rights.

Think I have pretty good health care from my experience so far. I hope never to get into that with anyone, Thai or otherwise and will deal with it should that happen

Well, there is tree sap or animal feces. Park in the wrong place sometimes, and you can count on an hour's worth of cleaning.

same in UK. When you say 'animal feces' presumably you mean birds? In which case reread the first sentence.

UK Poundland, where everything cost B44,  shaving foam and foot long Toblerones being my favorite buys[emoji2] 

Unfortunately not everything is a pound in there anymore...but still some good value stuff....Thailand has "MR D.I.Y"
"Amorn" and the 20 baht market stalls