Letter from thai bank confirming incoming funds. Do you bother?

27 minutes ago, lkn said:

What bank was this?

Siam Commercial Bank.............and I showed them all of their own receipts/paperwork/entries and forms from my NZ bank clearly stating where the funds came from. BUT they would not transfer the money out a few years later because I had no FET from the initial clearing bank in Thailand.

Made me bloody angry, but I got round it.

38 minutes ago, lkn said:

KTB = Krungthai, correct?

Like the Kasikorn customer above, I also receive an email from KTB with details about ordering bank/customer, amount, exchange rate, fees, etc. But for this, you do need to actually tell your branch what your email address is, and that you want to receive this.

I looked at the last one, and as purpose it says “318134 ค่าสินค้าออก”. I have *never* stated a purpose when sending money to Thailand.

I have not repatriated any money, but I did buy a condo here. When I did, I went to my branch and told them I needed a letter for the Land Office, they had to go through all incoming transactions, many of which were below $50k, and they added it all up in a letter to the Land Office, which the Land Office accepted as proof of money having been brought in from abroad, so I would be surprised, if I cannot do the same, if I want to repatriate some of my money.

Thats interesting. You get an email from KTB re an incoming payment from abroad. I only get an SMS. I will have to go there to change it. 

thanks

12 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Thats interesting. You get an email from KTB re an incoming payment from abroad. I only get an SMS. I will have to go there to change it. 

thanks

You have to ask them specifically for the foreign credit receipt to be sent-this is what I had to do, and took a bit of explaining (I printed out the Thai part of a website explaining what you needed to be allowed to transfer money out, and highlighted the bit that referred to the documentation, which I identified by laborious spelling and looking up words in a Thai online translation site).

They understood what I wanted and suggested that they could email this each time I made a transfer.

Incidentally what I got looked exactly like, and contained exactly the same information as, the example FET shown in a previous post. The only difference is that it is not called an FET anywhere on the form, just a "Credit Receipt".

10 hours ago, partington said:

You have to ask them specifically for the foreign credit receipt to be sent-this is what I had to do, and took a bit of explaining (I printed out the Thai part of a website explaining what you needed to be allowed to transfer money out, and highlighted the bit that referred to the documentation, which I identified by laborious spelling and looking up words in a Thai online translation site).

They understood what I wanted and suggested that they could email this each time I made a transfer.

Incidentally what I got looked exactly like, and contained exactly the same information as, the example FET shown in a previous post. The only difference is that it is not called an FET anywhere on the form, just a "Credit Receipt".

The 2 pictures I posted are 2 separate forms. What you got from your receiving bank branch was the 'Credit Receipt' or as I prefer to call it transaction report. The second picture is the actual FET issued by Bangkok Bank (in my case), not sure if your own bank can issue these or it has to be the clearing bank which is BBK in Thailand.

• Like 2

On 12/03/2018 at 1:15 PM, ubonr1971 said:

Actually, I didnt think of the immigration requirement. 

Is it necessary to show them this evidence about where the funds came from if Im apply for a 60 day ext of stay and then a marriage ext of stay? I can get a letter from the bank confirming my bank balance. But do I need to show evidence of it coming from oz?

Yes you need proof now. Wasnt always the case but they seem to be tightening the rules, or so i was told today.