What about pool, golf, polo, tennis etc 

No no gambling is swimming in sea

Driving in Thailand that is gambling but with your health ofcores 

Driving in Thailand that is gambling but with your health of coures 

so is

walking on the sidewalk or crossing the road:cheesy:

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Cards,Dartboards, that must mean the Domino's

will be next on the list,followed quickly by Tiddlywinks.

regards worgeordie

No, no, I heard pool tables are next .....

15 hours ago, Darcula said:

Is it as difficult to get as a Connect Four license?

...and prostitution is illegal in Thailand too...so along with the Connect Four licence...dart board licence....will the girls in the bar require a "cum dumster" licence ? :cheesy:

• Haha 1

The same regulation that requires dart boards to be licenced also requires pool tables and dance floors to be licenced. In the case of dance floors the licence fee is dependant on the size of the dance floor. All evil things that lead to degenerative behaviour.

At least the TDA is trying to do something to make their members legal, have not seen any other posts about pool associations or dance academies trying to help their members.

12 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Are private dart boards exempt ?
I've just started teaching my Thai nephew (9), to play, in an effort to improve his Mental Arithmetic.

NO they are not exempt......expect a knock on your door from the Article 44 numpties...and you and your nephew will be taken away for some "attitude adjustment"...you bad man...influencing a minor....shame on you...:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some emperors have introduced taxes against toilets in the past. This is a very innovative idea. Next  chairs in the bar should be registered, the number of policeman we can hit without any consequences, number of luxury watches we can just keep without announcing, and the possibilities are still emerging.

I wanted to buy a tricycle to my son, but postponed. Who knows if I have to register and the process should be very complicated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

According to a notice from the Thailand Darts Association [TDA], the requirement for bar owners to register dart boards is linked to Thailand’s strict laws on gambling.

uh huh; what about the govt-sponsored lottery ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, geoffphuket said:

News today, forgotten tomorrow... next

More like "News 2 months ago...still news today".  Not forgotten, unfortunately:coffee1: Better get your boards registered ASAP. But it won't matter because when the BIB come shake you down for you dartboard and you produce your certificate, they will ask for your certificate for the darts (which you won't have) and so they'll confiscate those instead. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Was in a bar last night; two BIB, not in uniform, collected a monthly envelope for a 'music licence'!  They pay 3000 a month just for this; there's approximately 50 bars on the soi.  There may well be other charges.  Pattaya police are a National Disgrace and are stifling business.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Bar owners must now register their darts board if it is in a public space and must ensure that no gambling is taking place when darts are being played.

With exception to the government-run lottery tickets being sold on every corner. Pick your lucky number. :drunk: 

• Like 1

I have a sis-in-law who daily gambles in front of her house while children and grandkids sell whatnots at her food stall, Locals moms all come by for a nice friendly game of 'Bingo'  (all day long) --- I guess she's got a license though . . .