Thailand dart board ban goes NATIONWIDE - bars urged to get registered

webfact

16 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

I look forward to the pool table ban. If you've ever tried to carry one, they ain't light. Be great to see the BiB struggle to lift one. 

Cheers mate! Any other banning suggestions you can give these goons. Their ability to understand anything, let alone tongue in cheek humour, is legendary. I get your humour and sarcasm, but they will take it as a brilliant idea and implement it. It’s like talking about something dangerous in front of a five year...they are likely to go straight out and try it!

• Haha 1

TIT double standards. Up in Chiang Mai, you can go to the horse racing at the weekends and openly gamble on the outcome of the race as there are booths for you to place your bets. The races, gambling is controlled by the ARMY... This has been going on for 20 years that I know of....

16 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

I look forward to the pool table ban. If you've ever tried to carry one, they ain't light. Be great to see the BiB struggle to lift one. 

Actually they'd only have to take the holes, right ? :shock1:

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Was in a bar last night; two BIB, not in uniform, collected a monthly envelope for a 'music licence'!  They pay 3000 a month just for this; there's approximately 50 bars on the soi.  There may well be other charges.  Pattaya police are a National Disgrace and are stifling business.

The police are not in charge of music licences; there's plenty of info on this on TV and online generally. This is basically an "excuse" for collecting tea money. 

The police don't want anyone to have official licences. 

17 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Exactly, there's more gambling on pool games than darts, that would probably include loser paying for beers.... ?

The Juntas way of Running  a Country. just shows the mentality of the army . if there was a war here they would ban guns . so next is pool, jenga . connect 4. and the it will a total ban on BARS . the biggest crime you can commit now is playing darts without a board licence whilst vaping on a E Cig. The new Audi advert is made for them its called IF ONLY I HAD A BRAIN .    

What's next? Darts to be labeled "weapons" and required to be individually registered lest they fall into the "wrong hands?" Hmmm...I can see new legislation that forbids one to throw darts while intoxicated, to be called Darting Under Influence.

18 minutes ago, madmitch said:

The police are not in charge of music licences; there's plenty of info on this on TV and online generally. This is basically an "excuse" for collecting tea money. 

The police don't want anyone to have official licences. 

Did you know that dart was banned a while ago in a more developed country?

The truth was that darts wasn't being played everywhere. In fact in two major cities and one major town the game of darts was banned.

The town of Huddersfield had banned darts years before under some obscure Public Health Act which gave absolute power in matters relating to games on licensed premises to the local justices

http://www.patrickchaplin.com/Dartefacts.htm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScammedInThailand said:

Rampant corruption, crime and racism - good to see the Thai authorities have their priorities right.

They have S in T. They are simply looking after things bro'. H and S.

But!! I can't see whether it's the darts or the board that's the problem. A dart could be thrown and rebounds into some poor farang's groin causing pain and suffering. On the other hand, a badly fixed board could fall and hurt a bar-girl's foot. Is it when the two (dart and board) are used together; tempting gambling perhaps?

I'm a good darts player and won a teddy once, for my daughter, by bursting a baloon at a Buddah fair. That's the end of cheap teddies then!

Can you imagine a farang going from table to table whispering; "There's an unregistered dartboard in rhe back room lads."

Of course all these games/sports have a cutting edge. When I lived in Jamaica the crash of the dominoes hitting the table would leave ears ringing for hours. And didn't a Thai girl fall off the stool, in soi 6, during a game of Jenga; the stack got that high. People have been put in the monkey for playing bridge.

Can't be too careful S in T; in the Land of Smiles.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Cards,Dartboards, that must mean the Domino's

will be next on the list,followed quickly by Tiddlywinks.

regards worgeordie

In Malaysia's Terranganu pool billiard and ballroom dancing is banned as it is considered un-Islamic. Wonder how long it will take for someone to declare pool billiard un-Buddhistic to have a reason to squeeze money out of it.

• Like 1

Public ban only so my nextdoor neighbors that sell illegal lottery, hilo and and have cock fighting once a week is fine. This country is insane. Did i mention they illegally log, make there own alcohol, charcoal, use and sell yaba and drive other peoples cars from a car yard one of them cares for during the day and are living on public land. If the police wont do anything about that i guess darts will go the same way. Ignored!

• Like 2