Premchai declares his innocence amid taunts about ‘delicious’ leopard meat

webfact

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Little bit late for a denial, though no doubt part of the "fix" that is going to be put in place.

Anyone doubting he will be found not guilty on serious charges, but guilty of minor misdemeanours involving a small fine should consider themselves delusional.

He is not going to jail because he is a Hi-So with enough cash to ensure jail time does not happen.

Welcome to Thailand folks.

The police nabobs are doing their usual good job of keeping straight faces. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, z42 said:

Not sure what to make of this, the public are FURIOUS about this, probably the most so I have seen in my years here. This fat idiot is going to have to plead guilty as the evidence is too strong and he'll have to change his plea at the last minute because the court WILL find him guilty of everything.

The only thing I can see as an out for this guy is that the trial date will be ages from now, and with so many charges it will become such a long, drawm out affair that any verdict will be years from now & the public anger will have switched to something else as fresh scandals are a dish served up on an almost daily basis in this country 

I am a bit unsure of Thai laws, can you be convicted for poaching if its not clear who shot the animals or is just being at the location with guns and animals enough. There were 3 guns and 4 people. 

I am not defending the guy, just saying that I am unsure of Thai laws, in some countries they cant convict you for murder if they don't know who pulled the trigger other countries they just group you all together and all are guilty. 

• Like 1

I wonder if asking for his passport was even considered?
The standard procedure is Thailand is not to take the passport. The person is flagged in the Immigration database and will not be allowed to leave at the border crossing without a signed judges order. He will, of course, get preferential treatment in the judicial system, but his bail conditions are fairly standard operating procedure for all.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, brucec64 said:

The standard procedure is Thailand is not to take the passport. The person is flagged in the Immigration database and will not be allowed to leave at the border crossing without a signed judges order. He will, of course, get preferential treatment in the judicial system, but his bail conditions are fairly standard operating procedure for all.

Red Bull guy passed through Swampy without any problems.

Edited by stephen tracy
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Toknarok said:

I wondered how long it would take. Yesterday I saw a first 'T' shirt with the black leopard logo on the front. No matter how much 'fatso' wishes it this isn't going away soon.

Sadly, I think your wrong. It will soon be illegal to wear anything depicting a black leopard. Just look how fast the black leopard graffiti was removed whenever it was painted... within 24 hours.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Sadly, I think your wrong. It will soon be illegal to wear anything depicting a black leopard. Just look how fast the black leopard graffiti was removed whenever it was painted... within 24 hours.

I don't think so, how can a black leopard on a tshirt/tattoo/car/motobike be illegal?

If they try that we'll see motocy-helmets like a black leopard cause it will only get more interesting to still do it.

Just now, Thian said:

I don't think so, how can a black leopard on a tshirt/tattoo/car/motobike be illegal?

If they try that we'll see motocy-helmets like a black leopard cause it will only get more interesting to still do it.

If expressing an opinion, pressing 'like' or saying "Ja" on FB, reading a certain book, twerking more than 3 times etc.can be deemed illegal, I don't think a black leopard t-shirt is too much to imagine. You must remember who we are dealing with here.

• Like 1

It is irrelevant where the tests were carried out; they only tested the samples supplied by the BiB. The provenance of the samples is the critical fact, we have no proof of the veracity of the samples and isn't it suspicious that there were no retained samples for the defence to have tested?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brucec64 said:

He's already been to Bangladesh and back, so was not seen as a flight risk for some reason.

• Thanks 1

I understand that he deserves to go to court. 

But the fake protests and media frenzie are just a smoke screen to draw attention away from Prawit , the hundreds of corrupt officials stealing money from the poor and the cronyism that is indemic in a government organisation that is not accountable to checks and balances. 

They needed something big. He is it. 

I'm not fooled by it. 

Are you? ??

• Like 1

I think the animal and specifically the genus/species, aspect of this case is another significant factor in generating public outrage.

If Premchai had been hunting lower class Thais or preferably Burmese, for sport (and not cuisine) I think there may have been far less outrage?

What he did was bad, but on the grand scale of things, it is not actually that bad. There are rapes, murders , child rapes, and land encroachment that get far far less media attention. The criminals are let out on bail with their cases taking 2 to 3 years to reach the court. 

The battering this old man is getting is far out of proportion to his crime. 

If he wasn't rich, it wouldn't even be front page news anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

What he did was bad, but on the grand scale of things, it is not actually that bad. There are rapes, murders , child rapes, and land encroachment that get far far less media attention. The criminals are let out on bail with their cases taking 2 to 3 years to reach the court. 

Agree with you. This horrible guy's crime is bad and reprehensible, no doubt about that - but the way the junta are smashing people's democratic rights, liberty and lives on a daily basis is far, far worse. Just think 'Koh Tao' writ large (where Prayut slapped the 'police' on the back for fingering the obviously innocent Burmese Two and promised to reward the 'police' for their 'efforts') and you have a symbol of what is going on in Thailand constantly, without remission.

• Like 2

Who joins me on a pilgrimage to Rome, to the Vatican to be precise? Miracles happen in Thailand‘s National Parks it seems - how otherwise can one explain the black leopards hide with holes, neatly trimmed and nobody fired a shot. In addition the leopard cooked his own tail to the lucky Premchai who apparently was strolling along the leopard‘s way, at the same time in the middle of the night. 

Or is Lourdes a better place? 

• Haha 1

On 15/03/2018 at 5:23 AM, cornishcarlos said:

That's just teeing up the situation in the next quote...

Another interview... Make the case "airthight" to benefit who exactly ??

Finally, how many leopards did he eat ?? His face is massive :)

Well said, loathsome POS, I am disgusted by his denials, at least have the balls to confess, cop the minute fine and carry on. 

What a despicable person, Thai justice is on trial and will be found wanting, the rich can do whatever they like, grrrr 

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Correct. He would have already pleaded guilty, to halve his sentence, and already been in jail, so hardly newsworthy.

Oh rubbish. 

For a start, first offence crimes other than murder, rape, most often recieve a fine and probation. 

Why don't you check out most murders. They don't get half the attention this case has got. 

It's 1 leopard and 1 bird. 

Hardly a drop in the ocean of professional poachers yearly cull in Thailand. 

Get real 

When that female black panther had a male companion, I'd seriously like to see that disgusting fat 'hi-so' locked up in a cage with it, him just with double pampers on... Seems he likes the law of the jungle, let him experience it then, scum!

On 15-3-2018 at 8:37 AM, mtls2005 said:

I watched the perp walk on the local TV news last night. It was rough.

I can't honestly say I've ever seen such a public display of an ultra HiSo being treated without the respect that he is due because of his birthright.

I'm amazed that this situation has gotten this far, clearly the public opinion - perhaps as a result of the overbearing nature of the Junta, or social media, or just the public getting sick of seeing their betters get away with so much - has reached an inflection point.

He probably should have done a better job managing the situation in the early hours after his Penis Soup repaste? I assume he's been having his way for so long he probably wasn't in tune with the changing times?

What's the Kingdom coming to?

Tail, not penis, the killed and butchered panther was female.

11 hours ago, greenchair said:

But when he would be poor he would have been in jail on day one, and would remain there till the Court's sentence, ...like for collecting mushrooms f.i.?

7 hours ago, bangrak said:

But when he would be poor he would have been in jail on day one, and would remain there till the Court's sentence, ...like for collecting mushrooms f.i.?

He did go to jail. He got out on bail. He has a fixed abode and fixed employment, making him a low flight risk. 

The mushroom pickers were convicted of illegal logging. They were considered a flight risk. Though, I do agree their plight was unfair. 

Animal rights groups are milking his case to boost their cause and their coffers. His treatment just because he is rich is over the top.