International Speeds Very Slow

vincent13

I'm on TOT fibre which has been generally pretty good.

However, over the last few days the connections to international servers have been terribly slow - 134kbps download speed to Australia on testmy.net a few minutes ago.

TOT speedtest site of course shows "normal" speeds of about 55 Mbps down and 16 Mbps up.

Anyone else experiencing issues with TOT or aware of a problem with the undersea cable?

Just did a simple download test with testmynet to Sydney (I am on ToT fiber).

Well, not great but not as catastrophic as yours: 4.3 Mbit/s with high variance (2.4 to 7.3).

I says 41% slower than TH average.

Yesterday I had some problems connecting to servers in Germany.

Had to use a VPN to resolve.

Two days before there was an outage of about 1.5 hours.

Didn't happen in a long time.

https://testmy.net/db/5uP6ABcit&framed=1&framed2=1&framed3=1

Just trying London, still waiting. Terribly slow.

Yes there is an issue.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I am having trouble playing videos, including Youtube etc on my Samsung Galaxy 10.1, they just freeze. Have checked my download and upload speeds both normal 50+ mbs and 26 mbs. It's been like this for a couple of days now. But strangely enough Youtube works fine on my old ipad and also my set top box.

I've been on TOT for years with ADSL, and now fiber. International speeds has always (my about 15-years Thai experience) been up and down, i.e. some periods incredibly slow, even with time-out at certain destinations. It might be routers, gateway(s) out of Thailand, and even traffic problems abroad. A few days ago some destinations were incredible slow, and causing multiple time-outs, but back to more acceptable speed again yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

The Gov allocates each internet provider a specific amount of bandwidth outside of Thailand.

Providers automatically cut back depending on traffic. That is why you will never get decent speeds to sites outside of Thailand.

The Thai Gov. allocates bandwidth outside of Thailand, I never knew that! :cheesy:

Edited by simoh1490

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

The Gov allocates each internet provider a specific amount of bandwidth outside of Thailand.

Providers automatically cut back depending on traffic. That is why you will never get decent speeds to sites outside of Thailand.

"Never" is a big word. I normally get in the range 35-45mbps as measured by testmy.net but only now & then over the last 3 days ...

1 minute ago, BuaBS said:

It's about the same as usual for websites.

But in the last month or so uploading of t_rr_ts (udp)  won't go , or badly.

ToT squeezing uploads but not downloads ?

Exactly, it's their gateway.

5 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Seem like the speed allocated for ThaiVisa normally is used up during local daytime, as it often time-out in evenings...:whistling: