National reform committee aims to rid Thailand of corruption

webfact

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

he would fix corruption within 20 years

Ever wonder why 20 years?

Maybe has to cover five future juntas that on the average appear every four years.

The "reform" is to reset corruption in that time, not to eliminate it.

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

Why don't they introduce a "Whistle-blowers" Protection Act" or something on those lines with incentives to report corruption/malfeasance, etc. 

Not enough journalist in Thailand to cover all the scandals the whistle blowers would expose.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

. . . aims to rid Thailand of corruption

Ho, ho, ho! . . . and what would you like Father Christmas to bring, young man? Have you got your sack all ready? Ho, ho, ho!

No, I didn't say you'd get the sack . . . just get corruption down and the job's a good 'un.

Edited by Ossy
omisson

5 hours ago, z42 said:

And mo mention of disbanding the absolute shambles that is the NACC. They don't even have the balls to tackle corruption against certain individuals even when the evidence of corruption is overwhelmingly blatant  (Somyot / Prawit).

These fools need to stop spouting BS, they have zero credibility in their past to suggest they're up to the job

Ah, but I think they are referring to "corruption" not to the innovative and enterprising activities carried out by the chosen ones.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

Why don't they introduce a "Whistle-blowers" Protection Act" or something on those lines with incentives to report corruption/malfeasance, etc. 

Maybe take it one step further ....the person accepting the money or gift has to hand it over to the whistle blower then everybody will be watching and filming everyone else A MONEY MERRY GO ROUND :smile:

• Haha 2

The national reform committee is determined to rid Thailand of corruption through more public participation and continued state efforts.

yet if you ask a DPM a certain question its very hard to get it answered   ---   bark little doggie   but dont bite

I hear they are drafting new job application forms, things like

"tick box if morally bankrupt"

and

"Are you easily intimidated by threats?", 

"Are you willing to accept small gratuities for your silence?"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kaorop said:

I hear they are drafting new job application forms, things like

"tick box if morally bankrupt"

and

"Are you easily intimidated by threats?", 

"Are you willing to accept small gratuities for your silence?"

and 'How many watches don't you own'

Where is someone like Lee Kuan Yew when you need him? The guy was a power-hungry bully, but in just a few decades he managed to transform Singapore from a corrupt and under-developed backwater into the economic powerhouse that it is today. Not to mention clean, safe, people obey rules and regulations, and so on and so forth. Lee had to step on a few toes, stifle the opposition and lock up a few of his political opponents to get the job done, though, but Thailand could certainly use a guy like that in charge.

I remember when Lee visited Jamaica, must have been somewhere in the 1980's, and he got out of the plane and looked around and said, quite wistfully "what I could do with an island this size!"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Where is someone like Lee Kuan Yew when you need him? The guy was a power-hungry bully, but in just a few decades he managed to transform Singapore from a corrupt and under-developed backwater into the economic powerhouse that it is today. Not to mention clean, safe, people obey rules and regulations, and so on and so forth. Lee had to step on a few toes, stifle the opposition and lock up a few of his political opponents to get the job done, though, but Thailand could certainly use a guy like that in charge.

I remember when Lee visited Jamaica, must have been somewhere in the 1980's, and he got out of the plane and looked around and said, quite wistfully "what I could do with an island this size!"

"Benevolent dictator" hey?, like gawd, i dont beleive exist..

No one is above xorruption in the right circumstances..

We are still hairless monkeys who just climbed down from the trees and fight each other and destroy other species for what is an abundance of resources. 

Evolved we arent.