PM urges Thais to wear period costumes for outings

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

The la-la land kid strikes again.:cheesy:

So he wants people wearing period costume, does not mean all the fit women going topless, like they used to do.

problem is nowadays given the rampant obesity, the women going topless would be a horror.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GLewis said:

The dumber the better they do not make problems.  A bit of simmering resentment over the last few months. Lets cover it up with going back to the past.. Such a glorious time for Thailand.  Oh and..... "We have never been conquered by any country, we are the only one in Asia".  Also the one going backwards the fastest..

I think the 'claim" was that Thailand (not Siam) had never been conquered. But they just gave in to what the Japanese wanted during the Second World War (didn't wait to be conquered).

Fortunately some Thais decided to fight back.

1 hour ago, Stoker58 said:

Getting rid of the internal combustion engine and going back to buffalo carts would save 60 lives every day. 

That's good news to me, I just bought one of those for the wife. Of course, she thinks I'm going to pull it.:smile:

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

We should preserve this Thai tradition [wearing period costume] as a national treasure for the next generation,” Prayut said.

If it's a "Thai tradition" to wear period costumes, then what did they wear when these period costumes were contemporary clothes. :unsure: And since most Thai people today wear skirts, dresses, pants and shirts, the period costume of the future would be jeans and a T-shirt. :coffee1:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

Why don’t they have a slobbering emote?

oh god. She needs to sit on my Santa Claus's lap to understand the physical attachment issue. 

2 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Shis..Was hoping you wouldn't tell

My mate, I apologize for my dishonest post. Perhaps I had one glass too much. But I vaguely remember that we've made a gentleman agreement. Forgive me please, and I'll send you even more customers to your place. 

P.S. for those who don't know Cola, he's a decent guy/ 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Haha 1