Taking money out of THAILAND back to home country

Would anybody know the rules nowadays regarding flying out of Thailand with cash money,I know there was is a limit of 50,000 baht,but does that mean to the value of?any currency..?? As I need to take about 500.000 baht in sterling gpb.

otherwise I need to do a bank international transfer..

thankyou for any replies...

If the funds were earned here under a work permit and were taxed, no problem, they can be exported.

If the funds were sent here originally from outside Thailand and you can still have the foreign exchange receipts or certificates, no problem, they can be transferred out again.

There is no limit to the above.

If the answer to the above is neither of them, there is no restriction on the amount of foreign currency you can carry overseas although there is a limit to the amount of Thai Baht you can take, either way, a customs declaration is required for anything over USD 20k.

Click the link and then click the centre tab for the BOT rules: https://www.bot.or.th/English/FinancialMarkets/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/default.aspx

Thankyou for your time and advise,I have found some older bank books clearly showing a much greater amount was sent here by swift transfer.so I think will be fine..
Really?

Is there no time limit?

I may bring some pounds back to the UK
I still have a bank book showing monies transferred in .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Yeah just change it to GBP and walk it out.

I second that.

Why would someone carry Baht cash out of the country?

Exchange rates usually terrible out of the country.

1 hour ago, Apiwan2 said:

Really?

Is there no time limit?

I may bring some pounds back to the UK
I still have a bank book showing monies transferred in .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There's a limit of 10,000 Euros in cash that you can take into the EU (obviously still including UK) without declaring it.

I am leaving Thailand next month and will have £8,000 in cash on me, about 9,000 Euro.

What actually constitutes a 'certificate ' relating to proof of money coming into Thailand from abroad? I use internet based FX companies to transfer money into my Kasikorn bank over past 4 years. My bank book just shows payments in in baht .Is that sufficient proof ,presuming my bank has a record of where the funds arrived from. There will be a trading history kept on the two companies I have used but I’ve not seen anything relating to a certificate as such. 

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

There's a limit of 10,000 Euros in cash that you can take into the EU (obviously still including UK) without declaring it.

If the money is legit there is no problem with more than 10'000 Euros and declare the money when you enter EU (Including UK).

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

What actually constitutes a 'certificate ' relating to proof of money coming into Thailand from abroad? I use internet based FX companies to transfer money into my Kasikorn bank over past 4 years. My bank book just shows payments in in baht .Is that sufficient proof ,presuming my bank has a record of where the funds arrived from. There will be a trading history kept on the two companies I have used but I’ve not seen anything relating to a certificate as such. 

Thailand issues what is known as a FET, a Foriegn Exchange Transaction certificate, other related documents include a currency exchange note issued by a Thai bank showing details of the transactions, operative words are, by a Thai bank.

9 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I am leaving Thailand next month and will have £8,000 in cash on me, about 9,000 Euro.

I Chinese. I like you. When you leave prease. I buy you food and drink at airport.:jap: :burp:

Edited by dinsdale
  • Haha 1

Posters should bear in mind that there are two ends of the journey to contend with and both ends have their own rules and risks, arriving in your home country and then, hopefully, trying to deposit cash into the bank should not be underestimated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dinsdale said:
18 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I Chinese. I like you. When you leave prease. I buy you food and drink at airport.:jap: :burp:

I hord bag for you if you farrl asreep. You can trust me round eye. ?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Posters should bear in mind that there are two ends of the journey to contend with and both ends have their own rules and risks, arriving in your home country and then, hopefully, trying to deposit cash into the bank should not be underestimated.

I'm taking a large amount to buy a car, try & get a discount for cash,  I'll only be putting about £1500 in the bank.

• 9 months later...
1 minute ago, Andrew65 said:

In the UK (the EU) you can take up to 10,000 Euros in cash in or out without declaring it.

Australia 10k U.S. worth. Above the declare able amounts your money will be snatched from you and you'll be made to feel the most powerless and pitifull human. Great job to be a customs agent. I declared my intelligence to a pretty customs officer one time.

She was not impressed. Hard people are these officers.

10 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Australia 10k U.S. worth. Above the declare able amounts your money will be snatched from you and you'll be made to feel the most powerless and pitifull human. Great job to be a customs agent. I declared my intelligence to a pretty customs officer one time.

She was not impressed. Hard people are these officers.

One of the things with Australia is that they stop & search lots of people on the way in.

When I worked there they stopped me the first 4 or 5 times on the way in, and found nothing. Never stopped me again.

Entering an Aussie airport is almost like entering a police-state.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

In the UK (the EU) you can take up to 10,000 Euros in cash in or out without declaring it.

True you can take 10k Euro out of UK without declaring but doesnt stop a random tug on final gate by customs and excise or a money dog and if asked you are required to provide proof as to origin there and then...Prevaricate and they can detain pending further enquiries. Note I say "can" detain and "if asked"

Edited by Chivas

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

True you can take 10k Euro out of UK without declaring but doesnt stop a random tug on final gate by customs and excise or a money dog and if asked you are required to provide proof as to origin there and then...Prevaricate and they can detain pending further enquiries. Note I say "can" detain and "if asked"

Yes. you're right. I saw a documentary about this. They pulled a Hong Kong lady at Heathrow who they found had £5,000 in cash with her, they confiscated it (it can be reclaimed once it's provenance is proven) and she carried on on her way to HK. Part of this stuff is about (EU) tax avoidance and money laundering. I moved back to the UK last year and carried in my bag about £8,000 in cash from Bangkok Bank. I had the withdrawal slip and bank book with me for just this reason, I wasn't stopped though.

Edited by Andrew65