White House lawyer says Trump is not considering firing Mueller

webfact

White House lawyer says Trump is not considering firing Mueller

2018-03-19T003737Z_1_LYNXMPEE2I017_RTROPTP_3_USA-TRUMP-RUSSIA-MUELLER.JPG

Special Counsel Robert Mueller leaves the U.S. Capitol Building after meeting with members of the Senate Judiciary Committee in Washington, U.S., June 21, 2017. REUTERS/Aaron P. Bernstein

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House lawyer Ty Cobb said on Sunday that President Donald Trump was not considering or discussing firing Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Cobb's statement came after Trump earlier in the day criticized Mueller's probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

"In response to media speculation and related questions being posed to the administration, the White House yet again confirms that the President is not considering or discussing the firing of the Special Counsel, Robert Mueller," said Cobb.

(Reporting by Pete Schroeder; Editing by Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-03-19

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

the White House yet again confirms that the President is not considering or discussing the firing of the Special Counsel, Robert Mueller,"

this administration is so paranoid , and thus dysfunctional,that now it is news when people are Not being fired

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As if anyone in the White House (or in the whole US, for that matter!) knows, what Trump will do and is considering or "thinking" (and I use the term in the loosest possible manner!).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

White House lawyer Ty Cobb said on Sunday that President Donald Trump was not considering or discussing firing Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Translation: Mueller soon to be unemployed.

There is a certain fugitive former-PM of Thailand (there's more than one, ya know) who did the same thing: bring something up and make a statement concerning it, and then do just the opposite.

I'm waiting for when DT also goes into self-exile, I hope he tries to do a deal with the person just mentioned - they will eat DT's lunch.

Amazing how a fake story from "sources" gets "leaked" to the news about "Mueller getting fired soon" and it takes 20 paragraphs to write it followed by 6 pages of Trump-Haters revealing in it and a story from a named source that says the opposite gets 1 paragraph and a short paraphrase quote followed by less than 2 pages of Trump-Haters discounting it. :thumbsup: