Thais turn on "rich and selfish" BMW driver for parking in handicapped only walkway

webfact

On the other hand would the Thai wrath have been similar,  if the car was an old bashed rusty vehicle ?

Is all this anger ultimately about the stupidity and selfishness of the hi-so or is it that he is rich and has a flashy car ?

Edited by observer90210

1 minute ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Its not only the rich there are selfish it is the hole Thai generation 

I call it me first generation 

New slogan 

Welcome to selfish land where nobody care about anything 

Looks that they are starting to  behave like the farangs in western nations....thank you globalization !!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malibukid said:

in the States you need a special plate to park in disabled spots, if not big fine. it works

In UK disabled spots are reserved for Indians driving beemers and mercs ...

• Haha 2

This story is a microcosm of Thai society in general. Everyone know these types don't give a toss about anything...this just made it to the news. Sad reflection, but is ingrained into the smallest corners of everything in the culture.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kevbo said:

Confirms what I always thought, Russian women are more arrogant and aggressive than the men

There's some pretty aggressive men - I just watched about 6 of these.

One pulled a gun, one physically attacked one of the group and they rolled on the ground, one drove home (slowly due to traffic jam) with 2 of the group on the hood, etc.

12 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

There's some pretty aggressive men - I just watched about 6 of these.

One pulled a gun, one physically attacked one of the group and they rolled on the ground, one drove home (slowly due to traffic jam) with 2 of the group on the hood, etc.

They are an aggressive race, but my personal experience has been with ones that barge into me on Jomtien beach road ....

12 hours ago, r136dg said:

All this fuss and I see nothing of any confirmation that the BMW driver or passenger wasn't handicapped. 

Granted, unlikely, but just saying.

Even handicapped do not park on the walkway! This is just plain selfishness and laziness.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TGIR said:

Lump them in with the misbegotten creatures who use the handicapped toilet, while handicapped people are desperate for a piss.

It is my sincere wish that every one of the unmentionables wind up in a wheelchair. Karma complet.

Not everyone who uses a handicap toilet is visibly handicapped.  I have had a device implanted that forces me to partially disrobe before using a toilet, but no-one can see it.   

If you see an under forty bustling in and out, you can tell they are not handicapped to the point of needing the assist bars etc. Those are the ones I am talking about. Frankly, partially disrobing can usually be accomplished in a standard stall as well. The "Handicapped toilets " are intended for people with mobility problems. Bad enough the assist bars are often as not improperly installed and so shaky as to be useless.
Do NOT try and tell a handicapped person that the obviously physically fit "might" have an unseen handicap. We who truly are can tell who needs the equipment vs those looking for a more "private" or clean toilet.

2 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Even handicapped do not park on the walkway! This is just plain selfishness and laziness.

True. It is not a handicapped parking space. It is not a parking space at all. It is a walkway wide enough for someone with a wheelchair or walker to get through, and very clearly marked.

• Like 1

I very recently suffered an ischemic stroke, leaving me extremely weak and partially paralysed on the left side. Oriental "squatters" are pretty much out of possibility now, which is often the reason for the one western toilet with assist bars in the reserved  handicapped toilet room. I CAN often use a urinal, if that is all that is needed, but not always. Some are just not designed for folks who have trouble standing unaided.
I curse all those who do not understand or acknowledge the necessity to at some point be stricken and forced to wait by selfish bustards whose convenience is more important than other's needs.

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Looks that they are starting to  behave like the farangs in western nations....thank you globalization !!

Yes. The obviously fit who park in the handicapped parking and nearl sprint into the store have always pissed me off, well before I needed to use those spots. Even in recent years with my handicapped parking sticker, if I am having a "good" day I will leave those spaces for people who might not be feeling as well.
I do not claim a special virtue. It is the proper, polite, and humane thing to do if one was raised correctly. Those who "steal" the accomodations for disabled are simply defective, IMO.

22 hours ago, mok199 said:

when I read this ''turn on thai driver'' I thought .wow some good old revenge western style ,smashed windows and slashed tires...like in the sienfeld episode when George parked his dads car in the handicapped parking....NOT!!...thai style ''some sharp strong words on facebook''....ouch !!!! im sure that will make the driver think twice next time...

Worse yet,  the poster may get sued for defamation by the BMW driver. "How dare you make me lose face publicly!!!!" 

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Annunaki said:

I agree with this.

There are so many times that I have bought powdered ingredients (bread mixes, cake mixes, poultry stuffing, etc.) only to find out that there is a Thai sticker stuck directly on top of the cooking instructions.

If you try to remove it the instructions under the sticker will come away as well.

I have no plans to join the 'Pattaya balcony jumping display team' because I know that my demise will be through starvation from not being able to cook my scoff. :biggrin:

Really strange considering that this is Thailand, why do they do it?...

18 hours ago, r136dg said:

All this fuss and I see nothing of any confirmation that the BMW driver or passenger wasn't handicapped. 

Granted, unlikely, but just saying.

Neither can you see (nor read the OP) that it was not a parking space, it is an access area for the disabled.

Edited by Just Weird

4 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

If you see an under forty bustling in and out, you can tell they are not handicapped to the point of needing the assist bars etc. Those are the ones I am talking about. Frankly, partially disrobing can usually be accomplished in a standard stall as well. The "Handicapped toilets " are intended for people with mobility problems. Bad enough the assist bars are often as not improperly installed and so shaky as to be useless.
Do NOT try and tell a handicapped person that the obviously physically fit "might" have an unseen handicap. We who truly are can tell who needs the equipment vs those looking for a more "private" or clean toilet.

I sympathise when you can't access the toilet but I think you'll find that the non-handicapped are not banned from toilets with disabled facilities.  Unfortunately we all have the same bodily needs and if a disabled person was occupying the toilet you'd still be bursting for a piss, wouldn't you?

Edited by Just Weird

On 22/03/2018 at 7:04 AM, Annunaki said:

I agree with this.

There are so many times that I have bought powdered ingredients (bread mixes, cake mixes, poultry stuffing, etc.) only to find out that there is a Thai sticker stuck directly on top of the cooking instructions.

If you try to remove it the instructions under the sticker will come away as well.

I have no plans to join the 'Pattaya balcony jumping display team' because I know that my demise will be through starvation from not being able to cook my scoff. :biggrin:

On 22/03/2018 at 7:18 AM, HLover said:

That miniscule selective short attention span may throw a wrench into online shaming.

Red Bull heir who?

On 22/03/2018 at 7:04 AM, Annunaki said:

I agree with this.

you actually buy stuff that has cooking instructions covered up ?  its a good thing they dont cover up the the items name then !   555

On 3/22/2018 at 1:53 PM, HLover said:

If they use the same sticker and glue that is used to cover up the English nutrition information on imported foods, it would be almost impossible to remove.

I thought that only I had that issue. 

• Like 1